Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'm having a BIG Problem with my newly arrived FC. It's a CRIUS AIOP V2 Clone from HK. The problem is, I can run MultiWii on it perfectly, everything works, including bluetooth and GPS, but when I try MPNG, I can't seem to connect to Mission Planner. I'm sure my connections are correct, because I didn't change any connections and it works with MultiWii. I'm using the latest version of MPNG 2.8, and Mission Planner 1.2 something... the latest version as well. Whenever I hit connect at the top right hand corner of the screen, I get some lights on the board blink, and then I get a dialog box stating "Trying to connect... Timeout in XX seconds". Soon after the countdown stops, I get an error "No Heartbeat Packets Received". Just wondering what might be the case?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Oh yes, and I forgot to add, my baud rate is set to 115200 and I'm connecting via USB. Pretty sure my COM Port is the correct one, because I've used the same COM Port to flash the data onto the AIOP V2. I've also tried all the COM ports available in the drop down list and nothing seems to work.

I have already configured my APM_Config.h to the correct settings for my board. I have attached the file in this post. (Sorry I have to save it in .txt format because I can't upload a .h file)

I have tried flashing MPNG 2.7 as well, funny thing is that after I flash that firmware, and run mission planner, I am able to get a response when I go under "Terminal" and hit "Show Settings". A whole list of things will show. The top right hand corner will also show "Disconnect". (Meaning that it is connected?) I can even hit setup radio and calibrate the sticks. This does not work if i flash MPNG 2.8.

Anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I have no problem running mp on my aiop v1.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
          Oh, I have no problem running mp on my aiop v1.
          Is it the same problem as mine? I'm trying it on a V2... No idea why no one seems to have this error when I search online.

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, I missed out the "no". Yes, I'm having a problem with my V2 though... Could you see what could possibly be wrong?

Comment

Did you reset everything when you flash to mp? Try reset the configuration by pressing the button on your FC.

Comment

Did you reset everything when you flash to mp? Try reset the configuration by pressing the button on your FC.
                Yes, I've tried pressing the button before flashing, I've tried to clear the EEPROM before flashing, it's the same result...

Comment

dd you copy the lib dir to arduino?

Comment

dd you copy the lib dir to arduino?
                    Yep, I did. Without copying, I get a compiler error. After copying, i can get it to flash.

Comment

Could be this since the new chip is using Hardware PPM.

#define SERIAL_PPM SERIAL_PPM_ENABLED_PL1

// PPM_SUM(CPPM) Signal processing
                      #define SERIAL_PPM SERIAL_PPM_DISABLED
                      /*
                      SERIAL_PPM_DISABLED
                      SERIAL_PPM_ENABLED // For all boards, PPM_SUM pin is A8
                      SERIAL_PPM_ENABLED_PL1 // Use for CRIUS AIOP Pro v2,
                      */

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
                        Okay, I'm having a BIG Problem with my newly arrived FC. It's a CRIUS AIOP V2 Clone from HK. The problem is, I can run MultiWii on it perfectly, everything works, including bluetooth and GPS, but when I try MPNG, I can't seem to connect to Mission Planner. I'm sure my connections are correct, because I didn't change any connections and it works with MultiWii. I'm using the latest version of MPNG 2.8, and Mission Planner 1.2 something... the latest version as well. Whenever I hit connect at the top right hand corner of the screen, I get some lights on the board blink, and then I get a dialog box stating "Trying to connect... Timeout in XX seconds". Soon after the countdown stops, I get an error "No Heartbeat Packets Received". Just wondering what might be the case?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                        Connections between Multiwii and MPNG are not the same. Pin assignments and motor arrangements are also different. Switching from MWC to MPNG isnt just reflashing.
                        You should try the MPNG 2.9 beta. Betas are not released compiled so you need to mirror the source code repo.

Also I haven't received my HK clone yet... might be more help after I get it.

Comment

My experience tells me that they are the same. You do not need to change the pin assignment and motor arrangement.

Comment

I beg to differ.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Megapirate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	974628
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	MultiWiiConfigurationMotor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	974629

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
                              Connections between Multiwii and MPNG are not the same. Pin assignments and motor arrangements are also different. Switching from MWC to MPNG isnt just reflashing.
                              You should try the MPNG 2.9 beta. Betas are not released compiled so you need to mirror the source code repo.

Also I haven't received my HK clone yet... might be more help after I get it.
                              Wow, thanks for all the responses. I understand that they vary between mpng and multiwii, but for both, the flashing and connect process requires only plugging in the USB cable. Even if the motors are connected wrongly, it shouldn't affect the ability to connect to mission planner. The problem now is that I'm getting a timeout trying to connect to mission planner.

Comment

Could be this since the new chip is using Hardware PPM.

#define SERIAL_PPM SERIAL_PPM_ENABLED_PL1

// PPM_SUM(CPPM) Signal processing
                                #define SERIAL_PPM SERIAL_PPM_DISABLED
                                /*
                                SERIAL_PPM_DISABLED
                                SERIAL_PPM_ENABLED // For all boards, PPM_SUM pin is A8
                                SERIAL_PPM_ENABLED_PL1 // Use for CRIUS AIOP Pro v2,
                                */
                                Hmm, could this be affecting the connection between Mission planner and the crius board?

I'll go back and have a go at it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X