Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
    Wow.... alot of helpfull bros.... btw does all the fc above have the return n land at the original site?
    Yes, the APM 2.5, Crius AIO Pro, DJI Naza, MultiWii Pro V2, all have the RTL function, as long as you have your GPS properly configured.

Anyone can help me with my question in the previous post? Your help is much appreciated.

BTW I just cancelled my order with HK, need more time to decide...

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
      Wow this is great. Disabling JavaScript is the workaround. Tested both using Chrome and Firefox. Works like a charm. Thanks newfly!!!
      You're welcome.
      Please teach me how to fly....

Comment

Well, I bought two FC and they are AIOP version 1 and version 2.

They are simply great on multiwii and megapirate.

I have 4 quadcopters, 1 tricopter and 1 fixed wing.

Bros,

Between this and this, is there any difference at all? Other than the price of course. It's almost a $10 difference. Both are free shipping and GLB is selling the APM 2.5 for almost $10 less. Some have reported problems with the GPS connectors for the one on GLB, but I'm wondering if I get the HK GPS, will it have problems with the connections?

Thanks!

Regards,

Perdi

Comment

I'm torn between the two and getting mixed responses. Some are recommending the aiop over the APM 2.5, and vice versa. I'm okay with the price of either, and I guess the advantage of the APM 2.5 is full ardupilot compatibility, but the AIOP has megapirate, which will catch up in time. Anyone has a good reason on why I should pick one over the other?

Comment

I'm torn between the two and getting mixed responses. Some are recommending the aiop over the APM 2.5, and vice versa. I'm okay with the price of either, and I guess the advantage of the APM 2.5 is full ardupilot compatibility, but the AIOP has megapirate, which will catch up in time. Anyone has a good reason on why I should pick one over the other?

I would prefer AIOP over APM 2.5 because of the MultiWii support.

FYI, AIOP supports MultiWii, MegaPirate and AeroQuad firmware.

Comment

Man, now I feel like buying AIOP V2. Anyone can speak up for the APM 2.5?

Comment

OK, I just answered my own qn here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1707174&page=1

Comment

Sure, and please remember to also order 20 sets of props too.

Like any newbies, you will experience many crashes and the extra props will help.

Good Luck!

Comment

I've learnt that lesson from my V929 and my helis as well... Rest be assured I will keep that in mind... Thanks for advice.

Comment

Sure, go get the CRIUS AIOP v2 with Bluetooth module and Ultrasonic sensor and LEA6H.

I have all this setup and probably can offer help if you run into config problem.

I've learnt that lesson from my V929 and my helis as well... Rest be assured I will keep that in mind... Thanks for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
                        Sure, go get the CRIUS AIOP v2 with Bluetooth module and Ultrasonic sensor and LEA6H.

I have all this setup and probably can offer help if you run into config problem.
                        Thanks for the offer bro. Where do you fly? I bought the NEO-6M though. I read on RCG that it's better than LEA-6H and much cheaper as well...

Comment

"Up" for APM2.5 !
                          haha... not what you were thinking... but....
                          If money/value isnt a consideration I'd be buying more APM2.5 for sure...

Sure, and please remember to also order 20 sets of props too.

Like any newbies, you will experience many crashes and the extra props will help.

Good Luck!
                          I met one newbie who bought 80 sets....
                          .. just.... a bit ....overkill....

Didn't get the 3DR telemetry module? I'm trying to hack em all to work properly... bluetooth and telemetry both require the FTDI port it seems... wonder if I can hack the SPI flashing port too....

Thanks for the offer bro. Where do you fly? I bought the NEO-6M though. I read on RCG that it's better than LEA-6H and much cheaper as well...
                          It sorta is .... but LEA-6H does have an onboard battery and AGPS i think.... so that means faster sat fixes from boot up.
                          NEO-6M has no battery so configs dont get saved...

Comment

Maybe you've read wrongly bro. The chip price from ublox is 3 times different, that why LEA-6H is far more expensive. I don't think ublox as a company will roll out better product cheaper than their high end one.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by nubie.pilot View Post
                              Maybe you've read wrongly bro. The chip price from ublox is 3 times different, that why LEA-6H is far more expensive. I don't think ublox as a company will roll out better product cheaper than their high end one.

Just my 2 cents.
                              Superior chip, inferior board design, poor antenna performance. Faster sat locks but weaker signals. Not necessarily better. Blame the board designer.

The LEA-6H($75.99) vs NEO-6M($28)
                              The real difference is that the LEA-GH has the ability to :
                              -upgrade the Firmware (won't use it as you don't want Galileo/GloNass)
                              -receive data from Galileo(EUROPE) and GloNass(RUSSIA) Satellites with upgraded firmware
                              -a TCXO Crystal which allows accelerated weak signal acquisition, enabling faster start and reacquisition times
                              -1dBm more sensitive in Tracking/Cold Starts/Hot Starts

just because the big mac is more expensive than a doublecheeseburger doesn't make it a better hamburger ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nubie.pilot View Post

Just my 2 cents.
                                Compare this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...PS_Module.html

And this:
                                http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=33998

The thread here is where I read it. Look at the second post. I trust Jabram, I seen many of his posts before, and he's real experienced.

Comment

Working...
                                X