Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flight controller

Is there any other flight controller the same as naza m that can return home n hold the its position by gps? But cheaper of course.

Yes, many of them can. If you want something cheaper, have a look at ardupilot (APM 2.5). Or if you want something much cheaper, look at MultiWii with GPS module (available at Hobbyking). One word of warning though, they're not for the faint hearted, if you're used to the simplicity of Naza.

Comment

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
      Is there any other flight controller the same as naza m that can return home n hold the its position by gps? But cheaper of course.
      Cheap! http://store.3drobotics.com/products...-set-top-entry
      usd$310 with LEA-6 GPS, voltage/current sensor and 433mhz Telemetry! (I can get a special discount if want.. i gotta order it for u though)
      this is the original made by the guys who develop the open source firmware. the ones below are just copies/clones of this.

Cheaper! usd$89 for 100% identical chinese clone of the above FC. http://rctimer.com
      Unboxing Ardufler board From Rctimer.com (APM2.5+GPS)A very Flight Controller from rctimer, saves dollar and Free shipping is provided by them. Well packed. ...

i think it's $120 with GPS

Cheapest! usd$48 for cheapest cheapo modified clone
      Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.

with cheapo Gps.. will come up to usd$69 before shipping, cheep cheep....

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
        Cheap! http://store.3drobotics.com/products...-set-top-entry
        usd$310 with LEA-6 GPS, voltage/current sensor and 433mhz Telemetry! (I can get a special discount if want.. i gotta order it for u though)
        this is the original made by the guys who develop the open source firmware. the ones below are just copies/clones of this.

Cheaper! usd$89 for 100% identical chinese clone of the above FC. http://rctimer.com
        Unboxing Ardufler board From Rctimer.com (APM2.5+GPS)A very Flight Controller from rctimer, saves dollar and Free shipping is provided by them. Well packed. ...

i think it's $120 with GPS

Cheapest! usd$48 for cheapest cheapo modified clone
        Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.

with cheapo Gps.. will come up to usd$69 before shipping, cheep cheep....
        Bro, I realised that the rctimer website has been down for the past few days... I wonder what happened to them... Their business probably folded.

Comment

I built one with Crius AIOP and GPS with accuracy of 2.5m. Personally, I think this is as good and even surpass DJI in many ways. I invested about sgd260 complete set with frame, motor, props and battery. The multiwii open source is very powerful and there are so many things you can add on such as sonar, osd, control via your android phone, etc. The expand ability is awesome.

Originally posted by perdification View Post
          Yes, many of them can. If you want something cheaper, have a look at ardupilot (APM 2.5). Or if you want something much cheaper, look at MultiWii with GPS module (available at Hobbyking). One word of warning though, they're not for the faint hearted, if you're used to the simplicity of Naza.

Comment

Bro, I realised that the rctimer website has been down for the past few days... I wonder what happened to them... Their business probably folded.
            RCTIMER website is not accessible from Singapore domain. You can email sales@rctimer.com for help.

They helped me establish a alternate method if accessing their site. Involves username and password.

Schwantz.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
              I built one with Crius AIOP and GPS with accuracy of 2.5m. Personally, I think this is as good and even surpass DJI in many ways. I invested about sgd260 complete set with frame, motor, props and battery. The multiwii open source is very powerful and there are so many things you can add on such as sonar, osd, control via your android phone, etc. The expand ability is awesome.
              Not everyone wants or needs the extra functionality or complexity. Naza flies much better and more stable out of the box but is much more expensive. There isn't a clear winner or perfect FC... pick the one that fits your needs best!

Originally posted by schwantz View Post
              RCTIMER website is not accessible from Singapore domain. You can email sales@rctimer.com for help.

They helped me establish a alternate method if accessing their site. Involves username and password.

Schwantz.
              Seems like Rctimer is blocked in china and south east asian IPs. Probably they just dont want to allow their "competitors" to view their site... or maybe to deal with DDOS attacks since they are targetted by the open source community for daring to clone the APM 1-to-1...

You can use a VPN to get access to it also.

Comment

Schwantz.
                Yup. You've got to email them, they give you web log-in user name and password.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
                  Not everyone wants or needs the extra functionality or complexity. Naza flies much better and more stable out of the box but is much more expensive. There isn't a clear winner or perfect FC... pick the one that fits your needs best!

Seems like Rctimer is blocked in china and south east asian IPs. Probably they just dont want to allow their "competitors" to view their site... or maybe to deal with DDOS attacks since they are targetted by the open source community for daring to clone the APM 1-to-1...

You can use a VPN to get access to it also.
                  I've tried to use VPN access from US and UK servers, but I'm still unable to enter the site. Though I managed to register for an account on their site using the UK VPN servers. But still, no access to their catalogue.

Comment

I've tried to use VPN access from US and UK servers, but I'm still unable to enter the site. Though I managed to register for an account on their site using the UK VPN servers. But still, no access to their catalogue.
                    Hi,

Try disable the Java. I did it in Firefox view. But again, can only view but cannot check out.

Hope this help.

Cheers
                    Please teach me how to fly....

Comment

Originally posted by newfly View Post
                      Hi,

Try disable the Java. I did it in Firefox view. But again, can only view but cannot check out.

Hope this help.

Cheers
                      No need for VPN. Just email them and they will give you an Alternate method.

Comment

No need for VPN. Just email them and they will give you an Alternate method.
                        I've emailed them, and they haven't replied me yet. I need a quick response because if I see an FC that I like on the RCT website, I would have to cancel my order for the FC on the HK website before it gets three ticks.

Originally posted by newfly View Post
                        Hi,

Hope this help.

Cheers
                        Sounds good. Will give it a try. Ironically, I was able to checkout but unable to view items on the UK server. Right now the main priority is for me to view the items. If I see something I like, I'd cancel my order at HK right away.

Comment

Wow this is great. Disabling JavaScript is the workaround. Tested both using Chrome and Firefox. Works like a charm. Thanks newfly!!!

Comment

Bros,

Between this and this, is there any difference at all? Other than the price of course. It's almost a $10 difference. Both are free shipping and GLB is selling the APM 2.5 for almost $10 less. Some have reported problems with the GPS connectors for the one on GLB, but I'm wondering if I get the HK GPS, will it have problems with the connections?

Thanks!

Regards,

Perdi

Comment

Wow.... alot of helpfull bros.... btw does all the fc above have the return n land at the original site?

Comment

Working...
                              X