Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still can't wrap my head around the 3DR telemetry system. Other then allowing you to tune PID and connect to MAVLink over a very big range, if I have frsky telemetry, it pretty much does the same thing right? Also, it would not be possible to view telemetry data from the telemetry radio on the 9x transmitter unless we use the JD-io board right?

Comment

I saw this video and the connection via BlueTooth is possible.

Originally posted by perdification View Post
      I still can't wrap my head around the 3DR telemetry system. Other then allowing you to tune PID and connect to MAVLink over a very big range, if I have frsky telemetry, it pretty much does the same thing right? Also, it would not be possible to view telemetry data from the telemetry radio on the 9x transmitter unless we use the JD-io board right?

Comment

Perdification,

I am no expert in APM 2.5 but I recently bought the controller with 433Mhz telemetry link. Ground station telemetry consist of a USB device that plugs into my laptop. The Air unit connects to my APM 2.5. This allows me to make changes to the APM board without having to physically connect my laptop via USB cable to my controller. I can also watch live telemetry on my laptop when the Multicopter is in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by schwantz View Post
          Perdification,

I am no expert in APM 2.5 but I recently bought the controller with 433Mhz telemetry link. Ground station telemetry consist of a USB device that plugs into my laptop. The Air unit connects to my APM 2.5. This allows me to make changes to the APM board without having to physically connect my laptop via USB cable to my controller. I can also watch live telemetry on my laptop when the Multicopter is in the air.
          Thanks for the reply. Other than the longer range of the 433 Mhz telemetry, bluetooth connection can pretty much do the same thing right? I'm actually contemplating whether or not to get the telemetry, so I'm interested to know whether its worth it or not...

The only way to get the telemetry data to your Tx it seems, is by using the JD-IO board to convert it to Frsky protocol. Otherwise I'd have to lug my laptop to the field everytime I fly, which is kinda troublesome.

Comment

Tested the Bluetooth and it is not reliable. Could be due to windows is problem. However I have no problem with multiwii.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
              Tested the Bluetooth and it is not reliable. Could be due to windows is problem. However I have no problem with multiwii.
              Previously when I tested bluetooth with my Crius, it worked fine every single time when running MPNG and trying to connect to MP.

Comment

I ordered a class 1 Bluetooth at usd2.80. Will test that out to check if it is a driver issue.

Comment

Working...
                X