Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
    I had tested this before and I am quite sure that your setting is incorrect. It is not due to EMI.

I had my GPS sitting next to my FC and it is very stable.
    Thanks buddy. Will definitely do the tuning all over again. Just to play safe, I'll resolder the motor wires. I had my GPS directly on top of my FC before... It couldn't find a GPS fix. When I moved it away and built a DIY GPS stand, it found more than 5 sats almost immediately after power up.

Comment

Hi, any chance to snap of the complete build and share with us your configuration. My parts have arrived and I am about to build one using Megapirate on a Locust frame.
      Bro, you're the guru... I'm just a noob at this. I DIY'ed my frame, and it's a tricopter, not even a quad... I will feel malu to post up here and share it with all the experts here... because it's really not comparable to all your expensive and high quality frames. If you really want to see my tri, I can PM you the pics.

Once the DT700s on HK get into stock (I'm so frustrated, had been waiting since ages ago) my set up will be as such:

DT700 motors, 12 x 4.5 props, HK SE V2 FC, OrangeRX, some cheapo servo, HK F-30A ESCs. That's it!

Comment

No worries, my quadcopter uses the cheapest materials and parts. Honestly speaking, I feeling so good in transforming junk into a flying robot that beat Naza flat. The gist of hobby is building from nothing to something.

Comment

No worries, my quadcopter uses the cheapest materials and parts. Honestly speaking, I feeling so good in transforming junk into a flying robot that beat Naza flat. The gist of hobby is building from nothing to something.
          Yeah... I built mine out of styrofoam from a "tar pau" box after I had lunch LOL. I realised that it's identical to 3mm depron.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130416_205233.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	974730

Comment

My Quadcopter at less than 200 dollars. AIOP and GPS.

Comment

Nice! My frame is made of wooden sticks from Daiso: $2, and hot glue from Daiso: $2, and the styrofoam is free, so my frame costs $4?

Comment

Yup, that's part of the fun. Seeing the Naza come in at ridiculous prices VS your ridiculously cheap quad and performing at almost the same standards brings us a sense of satisfaction. So much so that sometimes I'm flying rubbish in the air hahaha. But if it works, why not? Happy flying guys.

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
                    Nice! My frame is made of wooden sticks from Daiso: $2, and hot glue from Daiso: $2, and the styrofoam is free, so my frame costs $4?
                    Bro, can you post a pic of your quad? Would like to see it.

Comment

This is my next build. However, I will get all the wooden stuff from Artfriends at Bras Basah Complex

It will be screw free with zip ties.

Build tutorial for the 170mm Super Simple Micro H-quad.

Comment

Comment

My tricopter is a lot more simple than this. It's a T-copter, and is just two wooden sticks glued together.

Is the wood from Art Friend cheaper than from Daiso? Let's compare prices so we know where is better to buy from. Yeah, my tricopter is screw free as well, only zip ties and hot glue.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser73 View Post
                            Bro, can you post a pic of your quad? Would like to see it.
                            Okay since two people have asked, I'll post pictures when I've fixed up the landing skid later... By the way, it's not a quad, it's a tricopter. I actually built the H-quad that Wengwah mentioned, but then I hacked up the frame and instead built a tricopter since it was still too heavy for my liking. A tricopter is about as light as it can get, unless you're building a bicopter. Motors and ESCs are quite heavy, so in my effort to increase the battery to weight ratio, I calculated on ecalc and found that a tricopter gives me the longest flight times, and still has enough lift to carry FPV equipment.

You'll be ROFL at what I use to make the "landing skids" ... Okay, maybe now that renders my tricopter no longer screw free... You'll see.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123109[/ATTACH]
                              Nice one my friend. What motors are those? They seem like 50+ grams motors.

Comment

No brand motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X