Clear All

This was a great April Fool's day joke hahahaha
    www.rov.sg

Comment

Originally posted by quadflyer View Post
      This was a great April Fool's day joke hahahaha
      except it's real.

Comment

too late Kaen, the joke's over, it was a good one though, had a few good comments back & forth.
        Far better that the "asteroid hitting Singapore" one I read on Facebook this morning.
        www.rov.sg

Comment

too late Kaen, the joke's over, it was a good one though, had a few good comments back & forth.
          Far better that the "asteroid hitting Singapore" one I read on Facebook this morning.
          pfft its a real challenge... DIY vs DJI.

Comment

It was going really well, but when you didn't disclose the name of the LHS, I thought "ah-ha", because if you had named the LHS and its not real then as this is a public forum you would be open to legal action for possible defamation of both the shop and the owner.
            www.rov.sg

Comment

Anyway, it was certainly one of the better 1st April jokes I've seen today, congrats
              www.rov.sg

Comment

Anyway, it was certainly one of the better 1st April jokes I've seen today, congrats
                It was going really well, but when you didn't disclose the name of the LHS, I thought "ah-ha", because if you had named the LHS and its not real then as this is a public forum you would be open to legal action for possible defamation of both the shop and the owner.
                I didn't name them because they are a sponsor here.... and I didn't know if this will make them look bad.

Comment

hmmm actually... i don't see them listed as sponsors anymore...

Comment

I think you are stepping on their toe. By the way, I just want to proof my point that RC hobby can be affordable. It is not necessary to spend $10k or more to have the similar feature of what the commercial world is using. However, RC is a dangerous sport and you need some form of discipline and expert guidance too. Do not fly recklessly. It will take years of practicing, countless crashing to perfect the skill.

I had found jewel in arduino open source. It was a fanstastic community with brilliant people coming together to contribute.
                    We may come to a stage where open source FC can be plug and play. I believe that's the community who develop multiwii is moving towards that direction with more powerful arm processor.

Honestly speaking, this multiwii product will pose a threat to RC shop selling DJi or similar product.

The analogy is like people are going for LASIK and this resulted in lesser business for optical shops.

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
                    pfft its a real challenge... DIY vs DJI.

Comment

agreed that opensource community has lots of talented people...

looking forward to the day when multiwii FC become like linux OS now compared to years back....
                      will definitely try setting up an opensource quad in the near future when time permits!

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
                      I think you are stepping on their toe. By the way, I just want to proof my point that RC hobby can be affordable. It is not necessary to spend $10k or more to have the similar feature of what the commercial world is using. However, RC is a dangerous sport and you need some form of discipline and expert guidance too. Do not fly recklessly. It will take years of practicing, countless crashing to perfect the skill.

I had found jewel in arduino open source. It was a fanstastic community with brilliant people coming together to contribute.
                      We may come to a stage where open source FC can be plug and play. I believe that's the community who develop multiwii is moving towards that direction with more powerful arm processor.

Honestly speaking, this multiwii product will pose a threat to RC shop selling DJi or similar product.

The analogy is like people are going for LASIK and this resulted in lesser business for optical shops.
                      My Honcho Blog -
                      My Honcho Youtube Channel -
                      SGCrawlers Forum -
                      Facebook -

Comment

Originally posted by Hummingbird
                        Multiwii development is continous, now ublox gps module is already onboard together with the mega 2560, come with external gps ant like naza styled.
                        It will hit the store real soon. Pls continue to support n buy from witespy ...thanks
                        Will post pic on this board later.
                        Okay okay JK. Anyway Kaen, why don't you just accept the challenge, and state that whoever loses will have to give the quad to the winning party? Heehee, just build a cheapo quad and win the expensive one. Although I'm not sure if they'd be dumb enough to accept the challenge...

Comment

Well, the point here is not about who wins. I think we have to educate from the fact of hobby grade type of fc. It can be configured with great stability too.

Originally posted by perdification View Post
                          Okay okay JK. Anyway Kaen, why don't you just accept the challenge, and state that whoever loses will have to give the quad to the winning party? Heehee, just build a cheapo quad and win the expensive one. Although I'm not sure if they'd be dumb enough to accept the challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
                            Well, the point here is not about who wins. I think we have to educate from the fact of hobby grade type of fc. It can be configured with great stability too.
                            Ermmm.. u guys realise this is actually a camera gimble challenge right? The LHS just thinks that the DJI system will give him a bigger advantage.. thus forcing me into a different "system"... I can't even be bothered to get into the whole FC debate.

btw I don't suggest buying anything from witespy... he cheaps out on providing the necessary cables for the stuff you get from him. Total cost of buying stuff from him goes up because you end up having to make your own cables and connectors. Really not worthwhile because shipping from usa isn't cheaper for us anyway.

Comment

I am satisfied with AIOP Crius. It has the flexibility to load diff firmware such as MultiWii, Megapirate and AeroQuad..

Watch the OpenSource AeroQuad throw.

Kenny pulling off the "throw"FC: AeroQuad v2.1 with latest devel code - attitude modeFrame: DJI F450Instructions: ARM - THROW - THROTTLE (in attitude mode)

Comment

But still, if he accepts the challenge, it'd be nice to win a free quad, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X