Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
    I am satisfied with AIOP Crius. It has the flexibility to load diff firmware such as MultiWii, Megapirate and AeroQuad..

Watch the OpenSource AeroQuad throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwPwg...layer_embedded
    I salute this guy... He keeps the motors on idle and throws it, all by himself... If it were me if end up with multiple cuts and probably a broken quad...

Comment

[QUOTE=Kaen;590533]Ermmm.. u guys realise this is actually a camera gimble challenge right? The LHS just thinks that the DJI system will give him a bigger advantage.. thus forcing me into a different "system"... I can't even be bothered to get into the whole FC debate.
      QUOTE]

No, not just gimbal, that why i said eariler....fly over water/sea, high wind conditions. That will be a better test overall on fc and gimbal and of course your tuning skill. Flying skill is another different subject by itself. I bet eariler that you will win because "others" fc got PID for tuning....DJI's doesn't. So you have an edge already.

Comment

Originally posted by Hummingbird View Post
        No, not just gimbal, that why i said eariler....fly over water/sea, high wind conditions. That will be a better test overall on fc and gimbal and of course your tuning skill. Flying skill is another different subject by itself. I bet eariler that you will win because "others" fc got PID for tuning....DJI's doesn't. So you have an edge already.
        Yeah, DJI over simplifies things so much that you don't have much control anymore. If you can handle the complex PID side of things, that's your edge over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
          btw I don't suggest buying anything from witespy... he cheaps out on providing the necessary cables for the stuff you get from him. Total cost of buying stuff from him goes up because you end up having to make your own cables and connectors. Really not worthwhile because shipping from usa isn't cheaper for us anyway.
          My experience with Witespy has been a good one. I got a great product, delivery was prompt and all my emails are answered within 2 days Would definitely recommend him.

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
            Yeah, DJI over simplifies things so much that you don't have much control anymore. If you can handle the complex PID side of things, that's your edge over them.
            Ya, DJI make it simple for new comer to join in the fun, but at a premium price.
            It is a good platform to start with and later move on to more complex exotic FC....There are some really good ones, but prepare to pay top $$ for the FC, some near mil specs application.

There is absolutely nothing wrong to start out on a low costs FC and progress from there. I too sold numerous KK boards and sets some 4 years ago locally, then Multiwii and so forth.
            MK was hot then, thats why many clones start coming out of china, it dies off slowly due to partly legal issues and the rapid price fall of Mwc board, exists in various flavours and makes.

Therefore if one is middle aged and want to enjoy the hobby, buying DJI's makes sense, on the other hand if a student started out on mircocontrollers in tertiary, spending $30 on KK or Mwc make sense too. There is no good or bad FC, only good or bad tuning....Basically all common FC uses mostly same sensors and processors.

Just enjoy what you can afford and stay happy for this hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser73 View Post
              My experience with Witespy has been a good one. I got a great product, delivery was prompt and all my emails are answered within 2 days Would definitely recommend him.
              Thanks for the great experience with Witespy, noted that what Kaen mentioned eariler about the connectors issues, hope to resolved these asap.
              If US is too far and expensive for postage, you can get the off season FC (red Mega) from HK too, but without surpport at that price naturally.

They are also available in one LHS locally, but don't bother if you are not willing to pay premium price in SG. (sorry high costs of living here)

New Mwc FC will be launched shortly, with Ublox onboard and ext GPS ant. MiniWii will also be available (in naza shaped styled) ie connectors in both opposite horizontal way, at an affordable price.

Comment

Thanks for the great experience with Witespy, noted that what Kaen mentioned eariler about the connectors issues, hope to resolved these asap.
                If US is too far and expensive for postage, you can get the off season FC (red Mega) from HK too, but without surpport at that price naturally.

They are also available in one LHS locally, but don't bother if you are not willing to pay premium price in SG. (sorry high costs of living here)

New Mwc FC will be launched shortly, with Ublox onboard and ext GPS ant. MiniWii will also be available (in naza shaped styled) ie connectors in both opposite horizontal way, at an affordable price.
                When I emailed witespy regarding the missing cables... the emails went into a black hole and I never got any replies.
                Before that he was responding within a few days... I will not recommend buying from him, prices and shipping are not entirely competitive. I expected reliability but that went out the window as well when he wouldn't respond to emails regarding the missing cables/connectors.

Comment

Woohoo! I just did a flight test with my F450 and I'm getting 17 min flight times out of a 3S2P 2200mah pack before the Low Voltage light started flashing. No barrel rolls and flips or any fancy stuff, just "walking my quad" in a circular path... But I realised after the flight that my batteries were drained to 10.8V (3.6V/cell). Too low for my liking, I like it to be 11.1V at least... So that will shave a few minutes off, but still, I think it's quite long!

Will try 3S1P tomorrow. Wanted to try it just now but my Tx battery was going flat. Argh...

Comment

When I emailed witespy regarding the missing cables... the emails went into a black hole and I never got any replies.
                    Before that he was responding within a few days... I will not recommend buying from him, prices and shipping are not entirely competitive. I expected reliability but that went out the window as well when he wouldn't respond to emails regarding the missing cables/connectors.
                    The sensors on his board are the same as the CRIUS AIOP V2 and the HK Clone of it as well. Maybe HK would be more price competitive and a better place to buy...

Comment

So is your set bought from Witespy flying well now ? If its not, i can help you out to get it airbourned.

Comment

So is your set bought from Witespy flying well now ? If its not, i can help you out to get it airbourned.
                        Hahaha Kaen is more than experienced enough to figure it out on his own...

Comment

Oh, i thot he mentioned reliability issues on my board, so i m just extending my help on the board reliability issues only.
                          I just want to know after selling so many boards with no complains, good to know if some fail for whatever reasons...

It is failure analysis, so i can improved further on my future ones.

Comment

Oh, i thot he mentioned reliability issues on my board, so i m just extending my help on the board reliability issues only.
                            I just want to know after selling so many boards with no complains, good to know if some fail for whatever reasons...

It is failure analysis, so i can improved further on my future ones.
                            Nice. Do share your results with us! So that we can be more informed about our choices! Thanks! Do you have any other FCs?

Comment

It is working. I am just not happy that I had to make my own fc cables and connectors because my FC came without anything. Even though I bought a ton of related stuff from him like gps/telemetry etc. I emailed him to ask if he forgot to include the cables or if the cables were not supposed to be included and i never got a reply after that.

I mean the reliability of the retailer. If the retailer stops responding to emails the moment you have a problem... then the retailer is unreliable.
                              IE. either he forgot to ship the cables or he cuts them from the product to save money, either way he didn't respond so thats worst.

on the other side, hobbyking... the retailer that everyone loves to hate... gave me a full credit refund of a product that arrived broken in the box.
                              I had to take some pictures and argue a bit with their customer service for like 10mins... as they first offered only a 30% refund and asked me to fix the damage myself.

The fact is they dealt with the issue in a timely manner and I was properly compensated for a manufacturing fault. Witespy stopped responding to emails the moment I wrote to them about the problem.

Comment

It is working. I am just not happy that I had to make my own fc cables and connectors because my FC came without anything. Even though I bought a ton of related stuff from him like gps/telemetry etc. I emailed him to ask if he forgot to include the cables or if the cables were not supposed to be included and i never got a reply after that.

I mean the reliability of the retailer. If the retailer stops responding to emails the moment you have a problem... then the retailer is unreliable.
                                IE. either he forgot to ship the cables or he cuts them from the product to save money, either way he didn't respond so thats worst.

on the other side, hobbyking... the retailer that everyone loves to hate... gave me a full credit refund of a product that arrived broken in the box.
                                I had to take some pictures and argue a bit with their customer service for like 10mins... as they first offered only a 30% refund and asked me to fix the damage myself.

The fact is they dealt with the issue in a timely manner and I was properly compensated for a manufacturing fault. Witespy stopped responding to emails the moment I wrote to them about the problem.
                                Wow such good support from HK? I'm surprised. Maybe platinum members get special treatment.

Comment

Working...
                                X