Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where you fly? MCP top floor is not ideal...later heli fly out..try to find a big open space..
    i in the middle of fixing my 450l...taking apart halfway thru...tonight will fix it up and adjust the settings

Comment

and also...i realise 550 size heli is ideal for proper heli flying...450 size is good for learning basic and guts..nothing smaller

Comment

Reason for flying in MSC is that I am using the training skit and was told that it will be most ideal to learn with the training skit in smooth surfaces. Unfortunately there isn't a isolated basketball court near my place for me to practise. Plus I find that the MSC also in a way sort of provide a calm environment for hovering.

I am learning using a 500 size heli

Comment

Originally posted by ATR76ers View Post
          Reason for flying in MSC is that I am using the training skit and was told that it will be most ideal to learn with the training skit in smooth surfaces. Unfortunately there isn't a isolated basketball court near my place for me to practise. Plus I find that the MSC also in a way sort of provide a calm environment for hovering.

500 size heli is good for training. Good choice. I using sk540 on my heli to practise hovering.

Comment

no complete right or wrong in the selection of location. just ensure that safety is not compromised.
            Heli-ADDICTION:
            Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
            JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

I need to get my 450 up and flying soon..haha

Comment

Originally posted by tim3out View Post
                500 size heli is good for training. Good choice. I using sk540 on my heli to practise hovering.
                Do you guys compensate the initial left "tilting/ Drifting" of the heli during take off by gently adjusting the alieron to the right ? I am doing this, just that not sure if this is the right way for take off?

Comment

Do you guys compensate the initial left "tilting/ Drifting" of the heli during take off by gently adjusting the alieron to the right ? I am doing this, just that not sure if this is the right way for take off?
                  I do not touch the cyclics during take-off as it will cause tip over. push the throttle up gradually and when the skids are getting ever so slightly off the ground, one final push and take off. I never touch the cyclics cos I did it once n it was a costly mistake.
                  Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Hovering more than 1 blade length off the ground should just put it out of ground effect iirc.

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                    I do not touch the cyclics during take-off as it will cause tip over. push the throttle up gradually and when the skids are getting ever so slightly off the ground, one final push and take off. I never touch the cyclics cos I did it once n it was a costly mistake.
                    +1 having an aile input on the ground will not have a visible effect, but the gyro will keep on trying to roll the heli. When the throttle is high enough to make the heli light on the skids, it will do just that. So yea increase the the throttle until you see the heli just beginning to lift off (skid may start skidding [lol] around abit) and then another small but quick pump should get it into the air.
                    [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
                    Trex 450L Dominator
                    Goblin 500
                    Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
                    -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

So correct me if I interpret it wrongly....so even when I see the heli tilting to the left, what you guys are saying is just continue (small but quick pump) with the throttle and it will correct itself? No input on the aile?

This is what I think it should be done, but the minute that I see the heli tilting to the left, I will start to chicken out and start to compensate it with a small aile movement....So what I am doing it wrong???

Comment

So correct me if I interpret it wrongly....so even when I see the heli tilting to the left, what you guys are saying is just continue (small but quick pump) with the throttle and it will correct itself? No input on the aile?

This is what I think it should be done, but the minute that I see the heli tilting to the left, I will start to chicken out and start to compensate it with a small aile movement....So what I am doing it wrong???
                        if it's tilting, then methink its yr geometry setup liao. think i encountered the same problem with my g4 raptor which almost costed me a pair of CY mains.

at this juncture, u should take off the main & tail blades, throttle up slowly whilst looking closely at the swash movement. if possible, enlist the help of a friend to take a vid whilst u throttle up. there should be uniformity in the cyclic movement. which fbl u using?
                        Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                          if it's tilting, then methink its yr geometry setup liao. think i encountered the same problem with my g4 raptor which almost costed me a pair of CY mains.

at this juncture, u should take off the main & tail blades, throttle up slowly whilst looking closely at the swash movement. if possible, enlist the help of a friend to take a vid whilst u throttle up. there should be uniformity in the cyclic movement. which fbl u using?
                          Yeah, i followed the above method to take off main blade and tail blade.
                          then throttle to full! Remember to remove tail blade. Expert said might have tail explosion if tail blade around when main blade is take off!

Comment

Originally posted by zniter81 View Post
                            Yeah, i followed the above method to take off main blade and tail blade.
                            then throttle to full! Remember to remove tail blade. Expert said might have tail explosion if tail blade around when main blade is take off!
                            Lucky my sk540 tail blades did not explode when i did this.

Comment

It is OK to practice hover / take off in MSCP cos I did that last time. There is no wind /draft, which makes it ideal as a semi enclosed area.
                              Only need to go to a level where there are no cars, just in case.

Looking at your description, it does seems like there is a problem with your setup on the swash, or perhaps something else, Gyro, maybe.
                              By right, on a 450 or 500 which I flew, it never need cyclic correction prior to lift off / light on skids.

The only thing that happens is when there is vibration on the heli that causes the gyro to react weirdly.
                              Not sure if you are able to use another type of double side foam mounting tape for your gyro ?
                              How about checking if the cables that goes into your gyro, are they too taut ? I kept the cables hanging slightly loose off the ends so that any vibration from the cables doesn't goes into the gyro enclosure.
                              Using different types of mounting tape has an effect on how the gyro behave. Experiment.
                              When spooling up, try do it without blades. Observe the swash. Try pitch max and minimum while the motor is running and eye ball the swash from the sides and front and see if it tilts.
                              IF it does, don't fly. It won't.
                              Find out what causes the tilt before putting on the blades.
                              If everything is fine and the tilt is only observed with the blades, check the blade tightness. A overly tighten blade grip may offset the balance. The tail baldes too have to be loose enough, but not sagging down by its own weight.
                              Do a check, for your 500, which I did myself :
                              Tail blades : flick the tail blades with your finger & thumb like how you would strike a carrom seed. You should be able to flick it 45 degrees.
                              On the main blade, knock with your palm on the mid section of the blades, it should deflect about 45 degree.
                              start from here and probably you can narrow down the problem.

Also, have you check the balance of your blades too ?
                              I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Tks for all your advices...will check out what you guys have suggested

Comment

Working...
                                X