Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
    Bro, until you manage to locate the flight bros in yr area, youtube is your best friend.
    Thanks guys...guess this is why its call Daddy's hobby....all got family commitment....Will be refering to Youtube for advise then.....Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tim3out View Post
      If can overcome this hurdle, you will become a gurus too. Gurus are ones who relentlessly do "crash-and-build" cycle without fear.
      If everytime fly everytime crash, even if he becomes guru, i also dont dare to seek his advice..
      Sekali i end up everytime fly also everytime crash how sial ...
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

I see various people suggesting different strategies. But if you chose the strategy of starting with an actual rc helicopter instead of starting with a simulator, you might want to adopt the approach given in this URL: http://www.dream-models.com/helicopters/FlightSchool. This one will get you rapidly to a steady hovering stage without much cost in crashes and repairs.

Originally posted by ATR76ers View Post
        Thanks guys...guess this is why its call Daddy's hobby....all got family commitment....Will be refering to Youtube for advise then.....Thanks
        Last edited by ngkohwee; 12-03-2015, 10:52 PM. Reason: Typo error

Comment

Cant remember where i read this tip for learning but thats what im doing now.. I mean ... Im still hovering and doing slow left and right flying. Nothing fancy. And consider that i flew some other smaller heli previously.

So yes, i probably can fly, but i started re-learn everything again on my big heli today.

The tip ?

Do the same thing until you get bored. Then do that again. And you will be good at that thing.

So how do i know how bored ? When i felt like i dont even feel like flying it anymore.
          Then i plan the next thing .. To fly left / right non stop.
          So today i will still be doing this left / right flight..until i get bored.

But this will help a lot ..basically im trying to cheat my brain of mandatory boring work. But the pro is that you are actually teaching yourself your natural reflexes. Meaning what you saw that your heli is doing, your fingers naturally reacts to it, without having to use your brain to think what to do.
          That is important. And that has to be done by repetitions. Lots of it.

Just like riding a bike. You naturally tilt your body or turn the handlebars to counter the bike's tilt on the side.

Only then, you can have your brain to think what you want to do with the heli.
          Then you can control a heli. Not heli controls you.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys....will give it a try

Actually ...I have been playing on the simulator for the past few days due to my heli needing help from others to check on my setup (too chicken to fly without anyone counter checking)....lol

In addition, thanks for all the encouragment...its nice to know that I am not alone on this (feeling mentally disappointed as well as financially affected)....lol

Comment

I same as you... I also very chicken .. So afraid of crashes.. But no choice.. I doubt nobody actually didnt crash once with his heli.

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
                Cant remember where i read this tip for learning but thats what im doing now.. I mean ... Im still hovering and doing slow left and right flying. Nothing fancy. And consider that i flew some other smaller heli previously.

So yes, i probably can fly, but i started re-learn everything again on my big heli today.

The tip ?

Do the same thing until you get bored. Then do that again. And you will be good at that thing.

So how do i know how bored ? When i felt like i dont even feel like flying it anymore.
                Then i plan the next thing .. To fly left / right non stop.
                So today i will still be doing this left / right flight..until i get bored.

But this will help a lot ..basically im trying to cheat my brain of mandatory boring work. But the pro is that you are actually teaching yourself your natural reflexes. Meaning what you saw that your heli is doing, your fingers naturally reacts to it, without having to use your brain to think what to do.
                That is important. And that has to be done by repetitions. Lots of it.

Just like riding a bike. You naturally tilt your body or turn the handlebars to counter the bike's tilt on the side.

Only then, you can have your brain to think what you want to do with the heli.
                Then you can control a heli. Not heli controls you.
                Good tips.
                Grand master Kung fu tips

Comment

I recall myself having this problem immediately after build.
                  When i spool up on the ground, the swash will start to tilt slowly and continuously to its left and front.

Check your swash if it actually start tilting in any direction.
                  It should not.

Problem when it tilt is when you start to lift off ground, the heli will drift unpredictably causing novice to unable apprehend the heli characteristic.

Basically swash should stay flat and firm. Not shaking or tilting when your cyclic stick is kept neutral.

The problem i got was due to improper build of my tail boom shaft and bearing installation.

After rectification by boss, heli lifts off flat and brisk without tilt. Its like an elevator !

Comment

心如静水, 人与机器为一体
                    體動如流水, 碳桨如雷声

Comment

心如静水, 人与机器为一体
                      體動如流水, 碳桨如雷声
                      这是神吗?
                      其实神也是人
                      人也是神
                      只是神能做人做不到的事
                      所以是神

每天坠机,也是神哦!
                      因为一般人是做不到的哟 ;)

Comment

这是神吗?
                        其实神也是人
                        人也是神
                        只是神能做人做不到的事
                        所以是神

每天坠机,也是神哦!
                        因为一般人是做不到的哟 ;)
                        ....Lover your Quote from Initial D.......

Comment

Everyone has a great flying weekend ahead!

Comment

这是神吗?
                            其实神也是人
                            人也是神
                            只是神能做人做不到的事
                            所以是神

每天坠机,也是神哦!
                            因为一般人是做不到的哟 ;)
                            Loll those last 2 lines are gold.
                            [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
                            Trex 450L Dominator
                            Goblin 500
                            Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
                            -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Everyone has a great flying weekend ahead!
                              Hell Yah!!! Thailand Heli Blowout!!!
                              Heli-ADDICTION:
                              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Have fun Henry.....and Ah Liang.....And Raj too! watch the real Pros Smackaroo ya..... more pix and videos....... and my tees too.....and from Poom too!muahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X