Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
    One problem with some is not able to achieve +12 and -12 pitch full range.
    If so, i sacrificed the negative pitches for now , since you are not doing inverted flights yet.
    So i may end up with +12 to -9 pitch instead.
    This is perfectly alright, as long as you can set your targetted +8.

Once done, go ahead and adjust your transmitter pitch curve so that at somewhere mid stick you can get some positive pitch, say about +3 to +5.
    This mid stick position will help you start hovering at mid stick.
    Wah...Your advise greatly helps...Yes...this is one of the problems that I am facing with the setup...always not able to get equal pitch....didn't know can set it as what you have mentioned...Will give it a try tonight...any other advise from others will also be greatly appreciated...Thanks for guiding a newbie.....almost wanted to give up if not for all the encouragement and support....

Comment

U will evenly require everything to be equal on both side. Why not set it up once correct and don't have to redo again. Both side not equal pitch might be swash plate not level, swash plate travel not even or the cyclic ball links dimension are out.

Comment

Been trying to get the swahplate to be level....but after trying my best to level the swash plate, the "blue" light is still not coming out at the recommended setting....this is even more fustrating when it come to setting the swahplate limit using the microbeast...the left and right aileron doesn't seems to be even (despite leveling the swashplate to the best of my knowledge)....plus the light doesn't come out as blue based on the recommended setting....

Comment

Level swash require blue light? Didn't encountered that on my beastx. Only aileron throw need the blue light thing but I did fly with the red. No issue.

Comment

Originally posted by vintcs View Post
            U will evenly require everything to be equal on both side. Why not set it up once correct and don't have to redo again. Both side not equal pitch might be swash plate not level, swash plate travel not even or the cyclic ball links dimension are out.
            +1 Totally agree with this. Set it up properly 1x good one and never have to worry about it again. Otherwise you'll always have that 'Is that okay?' thought.

Do you have any subtrim in the transmitter?
            [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
            Trex 450L Dominator
            Goblin 500
            Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
            -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Redtwilight View Post
              +1 Totally agree with this. Set it up properly 1x good one and never have to worry about it again. Otherwise you'll always have that 'Is that okay?' thought.

Do you have any subtrim in the transmitter?
              No subtrim on the trx....

In fact the only setup issue that I am currently facing is getting equal + and - on the Adjusting the cyclic swashplate limit...whereby the + can be much more than the - angle...Any idea what is the cause (any changes that at this point it is still back to Adjusting the swashplate servo centering being poorly setup?

Comment

Originally posted by ATR76ers View Post

In fact the only setup issue that I am currently facing is getting equal + and - on the Adjusting the cyclic swashplate limit...whereby the + can be much more than the - angle...Any idea what is the cause (any changes that at this point it is still back to Adjusting the swashplate servo centering being poorly setup?
                Hi Guys....can I check with you if there will be any problem is I were to ignore the lights (purple, red or blue) during the setup...but still setting the angles based on the recommendation....(during which I am able to get the blue light for the 6 degree angle....but not the rest like the swash plate limit)

Comment

As per the manual, it never call out for u to check equal cyclic. It only tell u to set at 6 degree blue light. I even fly with red light too. A

Comment

Wah...Your advise greatly helps...Yes...this is one of the problems that I am facing with the setup...always not able to get equal pitch....didn't know can set it as what you have mentioned...Will give it a try tonight...any other advise from others will also be greatly appreciated...Thanks for guiding a newbie.....almost wanted to give up if not for all the encouragement and support....
                    Actually you dont need 12/12 pitch.
                    Beginners pitch are pretty conservative.
                    -5 to +10 more than enough.
                    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Yes i think this is still your servo horns not centered.

You may want to dismantle the horns first, and work backwards like i did.

From your gyro software, click on the step where it ask you to level swash to 0 degree and then with pitch gauge, install the servos horn back to the servo and ensuring it still maintains somewhere around 0 degree pitch.

If Beast doesnt have 0 pitch step ( since i dont use Beast ) , then work around by clicking on the +8 pitch step, then set the servo horn such that the blades are 8 degree or thereabout.

Once secured, you can go back a step to check the +12 and -12 and see if it improves.

Remember that on some gyro, afaik robirds and gpros, they requires you to point the blades either to the sides or to the front in order to correctly set the +/- 12 and +8 pitch position.
                      Pointing it at an oblique to the fuselage often gives inaccurate pitches.
                      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Hi,

Why not u bring Ur heli during the weekend to the guru?
                        They will definitely be able to help on the spot. Sometime communication on forum seem hard to understand.

Guru on the field Sure can fix Ur issue.

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
                          Yes i think this is still your servo horns not centered.

You may want to dismantle the horns first, and work backwards like i did.

From your gyro software, click on the step where it ask you to level swash to 0 degree and then with pitch gauge, install the servos horn back to the servo and ensuring it still maintains somewhere around 0 degree pitch.

If Beast doesnt have 0 pitch step ( since i dont use Beast ) , then work around by clicking on the +8 pitch step, then set the servo horn such that the blades are 8 degree or thereabout.

Once secured, you can go back a step to check the +12 and -12 and see if it improves.

Remember that on some gyro, afaik robirds and gpros, they requires you to point the blades either to the sides or to the front in order to correctly set the +/- 12 and +8 pitch position.
                          Pointing it at an oblique to the fuselage often gives inaccurate pitches.
                          +1 DON'T FORGET TO UNPLUG THE MOTOR FIRST.

Physically centering the servo horn will reduce the amount of gyro subtrim needed to get the swash flat.
                          After that, check your tx pitch curve and make sure that it's -100 ~ +100.
                          Use the channel monitoring feature (most TXes will have it) to get 0 output pitch at mid stick.
                          Mount the pitch gauge on either blade (You may do this with the blades parallel or perpendicular to the heli. I prefer to have the blades sticking out the sides of the heli.)
                          If at this point the still heli has +ve pitch, drop all the swash links by the same amount of turns to lower the swashplate evenly.
                          AKA pop out the pitch servo link, turn clockwise by 1 full turn, pop back, pop out aile servo link turn clockwise etc.
                          After finishing that for all 3 servos, measure the pitch at 0 output pitch again.
                          If it's negative now, increase all swash link lengths by half turns at a time. Should be able to get v close to 0 pitch then.
                          Check the max and min pitch again.
                          If still off then it means that your blade grip linkages are too long/short.
                          Adjust them and repeat raising or lowering the swashplate till you get ~0* at mid stick.

After you get the pitch on 1 blade right, rotate the rotor head 180* and put the pitch gauge on the other blade. Adjust the blade linkage to get the same pitch as the previous blade. This will help blade tracking, thus increasing stability and reducing vibes. If the blades don't track well, i.e. one has more pitch than the other, it'll be like uneven flapping and that blade will produce more force gg around, causing the heli to shake.
                          [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
                          Trex 450L Dominator
                          Goblin 500
                          Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
                          -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I very paisey to waste their time in helping me when they are there to spend their precious time flying the bird.....

Hope that they will not mind me wasting their precious time.....

Comment

I very paisey to waste their time in helping me when they are there to spend their precious time flying the bird.....

Hope that they will not mind me wasting their precious time.....
                              where got waste time? if can share our experience to benefit others, we will try to help.

anyway, this hobby should be our therapy and not the reason why you need therapy. Many of us loss precious sleep due to unknown issues and are always on youtube in search of solutions...sounds familiar?
                              Heli-ADDICTION:
                              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                                where got waste time? if can share our experience to benefit others, we will try to help.

anyway, this hobby should be our therapy and not the reason why you need therapy. Many of us loss precious sleep due to unknown issues and are always on youtube in search of solutions...sounds familiar?
                                Hi Feudallordcult.....Thanks for your assurance...Will do that over the Weekend....Where do you usually fly?

Comment

Working...
                                X