Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All newbies are advised not to go to a field that is full of poison, especially this above one. LOL. They openly said they will poison you. Haha.....
    Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Hi guys.....

Thanks for the invite...Roughly when will you guys be there? I will try my best to make it if the timing is right....

Comment

Originally posted by dt2133 View Post
        All newbies are advised not to go to a field that is full of poison, especially this above one. LOL. They openly said they will poison you. Haha.....

Comment

Hi Guys....

Thanks for all the advises (esp to prevent getting poison...hahaha)....

While I will start by getting the simulator, What do you guys think of the Spektrum DX7s with 8 Channel receiver? Good for me to use (in the long term) when I subsequently move on to actual Heli?

In the mean time, if any one of you is planning to let go a good condition Trex 550 FBL, please let me know....

Thanks

Comment

Yes yes come to northlink. We promise to poison gently. Haha.. What's your budget for a heli? Remember that you also need batteries and a charger yea.
            [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
            Trex 450L Dominator
            Goblin 500
            Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
            -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I very scare to go northlink leh.....hahahaha...(seriously...need to know the day and time that you guys are flying there...)

For the time being I am getting the Spektrum DX7S (with 8 Channel rec) to start things off (Is this a good unit? hopefiully this transmitter will be able to last me until it gives way).

Looking at not spending more than $500 for the rest (Trex 500/550 with everything else included other than the above mentioned transmitter and receiver)...

Any lobang? Not in a hurry though....

Comment

At this stage of discussion I think there is no looking back.. poison or not.. you already open the jar of toxication. Haha !
                I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by ATR76ers View Post
                  I very scare to go northlink leh.....hahahaha...(seriously...need to know the day and time that you guys are flying there...)

For the time being I am getting the Spektrum DX7S (with 8 Channel rec) to start things off (Is this a good unit? hopefiully this transmitter will be able to last me until it gives way).

Looking at not spending more than $500 for the rest (Trex 500/550 with everything else included other than the above mentioned transmitter and receiver)...

Any lobang? Not in a hurry though....
                  This is probably your best bet: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88926

We fly on most Sunday mornings as the weather permits. No need to be shy cos we have from very new to very advanced skill level with us as well.
                  [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
                  Trex 450L Dominator
                  Goblin 500
                  Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
                  -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Long story with this seller....initially show photo of heli, parts and battery. ..agreed on price. ...then later slowly say the agreed price doesn't include things that was shown in photo....WTF....

Comment

[QUOTE=ATR76ers;632928]Long story with this seller....initially show photo of heli, parts and battery. ..agreed on price. ...then later slowly say the agreed price doesn't include things that was shown in photo....WTF....so later decide to have up on the deal since seller was not sincere

Comment

Originally posted by ATR76ers View Post
                        Hi Guys....

Thanks for all the advises (esp to prevent getting poison...hahaha)....

While I will start by getting the simulator, What do you guys think of the Spektrum DX7s with 8 Channel receiver? Good for me to use (in the long term) when I subsequently move on to actual Heli?

In the mean time, if any one of you is planning to let go a good condition Trex 550 FBL, please let me know....

Thanks

Before you commit, you sure you are going to be comfortable with a 550 size heli? It is pretty big for a beginner and the crash cost is pretty much on a much higher side than as compared to a 450 size heli. Best is to go the field and see for yourself the different size heli and then decide. For a beginner, any 500 size and above heli are pretty intimidating when spooling up let alone hover.

Comment

I concur with saaber. With a 550 bird, things can get VERY scary. Not that a 450 is any less damaging but I personally won't drive a huge fortuner after passing a class 3 rite?
                          Heli-ADDICTION:
                          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Just for comparison sake, usually a heli crash, the main blade will suffer damage, and for a pair of align 325mm blade for 450 size heli is abt $22 as compared to $78 for a pair of 550mm align blade for Trex 550.

Comment

OK let's share the scare-the-shit-out-of-newbies tips..

I flew 450. Just started with a brand new 500. So here is my 2 cents..

Just Lipo alone, price is easily doubled. A 3S LiPo for a 450 that cost $30 will cost you more than twice if you flew a 500.
                              You need at least 3 LiPo packs to make your entire investment worth the flight every weekend, I think. So I bought 3 Lipo. That is in ballpark figure of $250.
                              There goes your "stretched budget" of $700

Then the blades, as Saaber spoken, yes.. 500 blades are not going to be any cheaper than those figures. Maybe Hobby King. Maybe pre-own. But still, a 450 Hobby King cheap blade is still cheap. Quality - No comments though.

Servos, ESC, Motor - are another wallet-killer if you happen to fry them in a crash.
                              Although you don't need the blings and super high grade stuffs, but still a 40 Amp ESC compared to a 100 Amp ESC is still twice its price of the lesser.

And the mind & courage part.. OK I got to admit.. to fly a 500 is very intimidating for myself, even with 450 short experience.
                              The sound, the rotating carbon blades whooping, the size all makes my finger shakes non stop for the first 5 hovering flight.
                              Once in a while, I still get a shiver down my hand and back of neck when the 500 heli comes down too fast, or roll too hard in a turn.
                              I think of the crash and the damages, money and time, the effort I took to build it up for weeks.

But maybe I chicken.. therefore chose to fly scale. At least I dont risk having to fly inverted ..HAHA !!

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                                I concur with saaber. With a 550 bird, things can get VERY scary. Not that a 450 is any less damaging but I personally won't drive a huge fortuner after passing a class 3 rite?
                                Alphard can ? HAHA !
                                Most of the time is park at dark carpark with XMM I think.. very safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X