Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahahahaha.

Sherwin, you sure you didn't leave anything on the field? I found my proper footing to launch...

Was lucky to find back my canopy after great insight from Ronald on where a DLG canopy would be lost.

This is really a paradox-- no motors, but no height limit. (only limited by transmission range and line of sight).

truely agree... first time heard so many people making noise or with "wth" expression when their planes are up in the air. hahahahaha

Comment

Maybe it may be good to change a location to test out our DLG thermal sniffing skills. For the same field that we have been flying and yield consistent results, it may turned out more like a fun fly. When we switch to a new location from time to time, the thermal activities will probably varies and that will give us more challenge to understand the them in different conditions.

Comment

OK guys,

This Saturday, 11 Aug, 930am, I will be holding a mini dlg contest at Tamp Ave 9 field. There will be a minimum of 2 rounds, more if time permits. This mini contest aims to acclimatise competitors to the upcoming DLG contest at the ISAC 2012. So if you're joining that contest, try to make it to this one to learn more about the tasks, tactics and to get used to contest conditions.

The tasks covered for this Saturday's contest will be the "Ladder" task and the "5x2" task.

Here's the definition for the "Ladder" task:
        Task D (Increasing time by 15 seconds):

Each competitor has an unlimited number of flights for each target flight time. Each competitor
        must try to complete the first flight of 30 seconds or more. Once this is accomplished, each of the
        next target flight times must be incremented by 15 seconds therefore flight times should be equal to
        or more than: 30 s; 45 s; 60 s;75 s; 90 s; 105 s; 120 s. The longest target flight time is 120 seconds.
        The time of all the achieved target flight times is taken into account for scoring.

Working time is 10 minutes.

Example: 1st flight 32 s target time of 30 seconds is achieved; flight score is 30 points.
        The next target flight is 45 seconds.
        2nd flight 38 s 45 seconds not reached, score 0
        3rd flight 42 s 45 seconds not reached, score 0
        4th flight 47 s target time of 45 seconds is achieved; flight score is 45 points;
        partial score is: 30 + 45 points. The next target flight is 60 seconds
        5th flight 81 s target time of 60 seconds is achieved; flight score is 60 points.
        The next target flight should be 75 seconds but the remaining working time is only 65
        seconds therefore the next target flight cannot take place.
        The total score for the task is: 30+45+60 = 135 points

Here's the definition of the "5x2" task:
        Task G (Five longest flights)

Each competitor has an unlimited number of flights. Only the best five flights will be added
        together. The maximum accounted single flight time is 120 seconds.

Working time is 10 minutes.

If you're interested, please put down your name here.

P.S. You can also submit the registration form and fees to me for the ISAC 2012 DLG contest this Saturday.

Cheers,
        Adnan
        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Due to unforeseen circumstances, i will not be able to hold the mini contest today. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I will most prob only fly tomorrow and if u r still interested in the mini contest pls put ur interest here.

Also please dont forget to.submit your registration forms for the isac dlg contest to aerosmith or to me. Thanks.

Kind regards, adnan.
          ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

Adnan,

We had quite some good thermal rides on that day. However, one of my sudden, high-energy aborted launch resulted in my left ankle sprained, when I saw a DLG right above me. Looks like I'm gonna give this Saturday a pass again.

Comment

Joe,

Sorry to hear about the ankle. Hope you recover soon.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
              BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

No worries. My ankles are always prone to sprains and twists, but always recover fast. It's not that bad anyway, but I just want to give more time to heal as I am not as fit as before.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
                  Adnan,

We had quite some good thermal rides on that day. However, one of my sudden, high-energy aborted launch resulted in my left ankle sprained, when I saw a DLG right above me. Looks like I'm gonna give this Saturday a pass again.

I saw it happened. So that very fast action to cancel the launch came at a price. I may be younger, but i think I probably would not have spotted the DLG overhead like you did.

Comment

Anyway, no time will be wasted. I'm going down to SYFC to demonstrate my hotwire cutting system.

Comment

Tampines DLG Field

Hi Folks,

Just this morning, 3 soil testing rigs were being put up at the Tampines DLG Field. These rigs are located near the road edge of the field. This should not pose much of an issue since our models do not normally approach through that area.

Let's enjoy the space while we still can.

In the meantime, do keep a look out for other suitable spots for DLG.

Regards,
                      Ronald.

Comment

Went down to the Tampines field. Now they have 5 rigs set up. Haiz. I think we really need to find an alternative location as I don't see how we can fly anymore at this field.

Any suggestions?

Comment

I called Bernanto,

Sherwin, He's heading to OHR tomorrow....

.... you>?

Comment

Have fun guys!

Cheers,
                            Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                              Have fun guys!

Cheers,
                              Adnan
                              Good luck to you.
                              Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Adnan,
                                Wow.. posting from Beijing?

Ray,
                                OHR.... Same time?

Comment

Working...
                                X