Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check it out: Juan Pablo Montoya, former F1 driver is an DLG-er too!

Too Cool!

Cheers,
    Adnan
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Discus Launch Technique Video Tutorial by Jun Catacutan

Originally posted by Rubin30 View Post
      Hi Micro-Heli Nut,

Your launches and glider is doing better every week. Well done!

I am itching for DLG this Saturday again and will try to get there little earlier to practice in "dead-air" conditions. See how long my models can hang in those still conditions. Do come if you can make it.

Last Saturday was indeed a good turn out. Check out the bright grins in the photo![ATTACH=CONFIG]114475[/ATTACH]

Regards,
      Ronald.

PS. Joe, we do look forward to your return.
      Hi Folks,

Bernarto has recommended the following video tutorial in 2011 by Jun C to everyone on this channel. I have seen this video (part 1 and 2) and it has really good information about the Discus Launch technique. Bernarto, really appreciate and thank you for the recommendation!

Jun Catacutan giving a launch clinic at the first ever F3K event in Utah, the "Utah Red Rock F3K Challenge" in St. George, UT.

Enjoy the video!

Are we flying this Saturday morning?

Regards,
      Ronald.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link bro. Yeah, we are on this Sat, weather permitting.

OK also, there will be practice sessions for the tasks for the upcoming Singapore Aeromodelling Carnival (SAC).

The tasks for the contest will be:
        1. 1,2,3,4 (Task H)
        2. Ladder (Task D)
        3. Five longest flight/ 5 x 2 (Task G)
        4. Next to last and last flight (Task B)

If time permits and there's enough people, maybe we can have a practice contest. All you'll need is a f3k timer app on your android/iphone mobile device. I know for sure, I need to brush up on my Task H and be more assertive in my decision making for Task B.

Cheers,
        Adnan
        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

I'll try to join you guys next time. This weekend, I need to bring my colleagues and students to SYFC for indoor race practice. My P2 will be undergoing radio upgrade and minor refurbishments as well.

Comment

Attempt tasks

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
            Thanks for sharing the link bro. Yeah, we are on this Sat, weather permitting.

OK also, there will be practice sessions for the tasks for the upcoming Singapore Aeromodelling Carnival (SAC).

The tasks for the contest will be:
            1. 1,2,3,4 (Task H)
            2. Ladder (Task D)
            3. Five longest flight/ 5 x 2 (Task G)
            4. Next to last and last flight (Task B)

If time permits and there's enough people, maybe we can have a practice contest. All you'll need is a f3k timer app on your android/iphone mobile device. I know for sure, I need to brush up on my Task H and be more assertive in my decision making for Task B.

Cheers,
            Adnan
            Yes, task H is challenging. Looking forward to Saturday.

Regards,
            Ronald.

Comment

Thanks to those who came down today. The conditions were great: lots of thermals, lots of sink. But when you manage to hook one, you're there for the long haul. Them bubbles brought many smiling faces today. I think today was a great confidence booster for those who came down. A good start for preparations for the Singapore Aeromodelling Carnival's DLG competition. Let's hope for good weather next week too.

Even though my Stobel's boom broke again early in the flight session, I still had good outing today practising air reading by looking at other people's plane and ground signs.

Cheers,
              Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Now I know why the term " boomer" is used on RCG.

Was laughing my head silly on Saturday morning. I didn't believe 5 minute flights were possible to achieve, but I'm a believer now

Comment

Nothing's impossible bro. Come let's work on breaking the 5 minute mark and eventually fly over 10 minutes

At the same time let's work on them quick turnarounds for the contest!

Cheers,
                  Adnan

sigpic

Comment

DLG Video Medley Uploaded!

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                    Nothing's impossible bro. Come let's work on breaking the 5 minute mark and eventually fly over 10 minutes

At the same time let's work on them quick turnarounds for the contest!

Cheers,
                    Adnan
                    Hi Folks,

The weather last Saturday has been kind to us and it was a very enjoyable flying experience at the field. Some of us were smiling from cheek to cheek after experiencing thermal "specking out" their models. I am looking forward to this Saturday.

Now, the video is finally completed. Please enjoy the following link:

Regards,
                    Ronald.

Comment

Ronald,
                      Thanks for the video. Nicely done. First time seing myself launch.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                      BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Thanks for the vid, Ronald,

I can understand why it's said I need to lose the radio tray- I'm not really turning 'circles" before the launch. lol.

Will work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubin30 View Post
                          Hi Folks,

The weather last Saturday has been kind to us and it was a very enjoyable flying experience at the field. Some of us were smiling from cheek to cheek after experiencing thermal "specking out" their models. I am looking forward to this Saturday.

Now, the video is finally completed. Please enjoy the following link:

Regards,
                          Ronald.
                          Nice video.
                          Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Thanks for the video bro.

OK, as you know there will be a DLG contest under the Inaugural Singapore Aeromodelling Carnival (ISAC) this year. I am thinking of sharing about the tasks, tips on how to tackle the tasks, and maybe even appeal for help for the contest somewhere in this forum. Would you guys rather I have it in this thread or should I start a new thread to tackle this minor situation. Let me know what you guys think.

Aside from the ISAC, NTU will have their very own NTU Aerofest on the 29th of September. There will also be a DLG contest there. It will be a nice follow up contest to the ISAC and there is enough time between them to recover.

It's really looking like a Swinging September!

Anyways, this Saturday we'll be having the DLG Session at the same time same place. I will most probably have another session on Sunday morning. I really need the practice.

Cheers all,
                            Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Nice turnout this morning guys. A nice early morning workout. Lots of nice low thermals, easily reached. Lots of thermal poaching happening all over the field. Shiok.

Cheers,
                              Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Was an amazing morning actually. Full of suprises. Strong thermals and strong sinks as well.

Today was my first time i hear people complaining their plane going too high..... lol.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                                BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Working...
                                X