Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLG funfly this Sat?

Hi DLG fans,

Just wanna give a shoutout to all DLG-ers or anyone who is interested in picking up DLG. If you're in the area (East) on Sat morning (from 8.30 am) do drop by at the field opposite Tamp bike park (Tampines Ave 9) for a dlg funfly. We can share our experiences with DLG and/or just show off what you've got.

If there are enough people, I will bring down my "wind indicator poles", so that we can practice reading the air.

Let's hope for good weather.

Cheers,
    Adnan
    Last edited by randomtask; 25-05-2012, 01:18 AM. Reason: Missing info
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
    Hi DLG fans,

Just wanna give a shoutout to all DLG-ers or anyone who is interested in picking up DLG. If you're in the area (East) on Sat morning do drop by at the field opposite Tamp bike park (Tampines Ave 9) for a dlg funfly. We can share our experiences with DLG and/or just show off what you've got.

If there are enough people, I will bring down my "wind indicator poles", so that we can practice reading the air.

Let's hope for good weather.

Cheers,
    Adnan
    I would love to join. But im still quite new to dlg flying. What time are you guys meeting there?

Cheers,
    Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Hey bro,

New, Old, it really doesn't matter. All of us are in a constant state of learning and refining our skills. I will be there from around 8.30 am. I like flying in the mornings to practice my launches and really hone in the skills of hooking those weak thermals.

Cheers,
      Adnan
      ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

Hey bro,

New, Old, it really doesn't matter. All of us are in a constant state of learning and refining our skills. I will be there from around 8.30 am. I like flying in the mornings to practice my launches and really hone in the skills of hooking those weak thermals.

Cheers,
        Adnan
        Cool. I will try to wake up earlier then (im normally a late waker on weekends). Will meet you at about 9-10am. Which side of the field do you guys normally fly at?
        Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
          Cool. I will try to wake up earlier then (im normally a late waker on weekends). Will meet you at about 9-10am. Which side of the field do you guys normally fly at?
          Hi,

The DLG field at the junction of Tampines Avenue 9 and 7, opposite the Bike Park:
          Tampines Avenue 9 is a Secondary Road in Tampines. Nearest Tampines MRT (EW2) is 10 mins away. Discover maps, directions, photos, reviews and what is nearby like MRTs, LRTs and Shopping Centres within 2km.

Normally, I would park in the Bike Park and walk over with the model.

I am looking forward to a good flying morning tomorrow. See you there.

Regards,
          Ronald.

Comment

Good fun today! 2 Steigeisens, 1 low wing Predator and a mini Topsky. I hope I can do this in regular basis.

Comment

Yeah man! Conditions were varied throughout the session, windy initially, small thermals here and there and then, nice big thermals just before the sudden downpour. Well it wasn't that sudden, we were just biding our time. :wink5:

The little Mini Topsky held its own against its bigger counterparts. Launches high, responsive on the sticks all in a nice small package. The only thing holding it back was the lack of mass making it difficult to penetrate through stronger winds while going upwind. But all in all, looks like a good candidate for guys who may want to take the first step into DLG.

Well, next week same time, same thing. Anyone interested, just drop by.

Cheers,
              Adnan

sigpic

Comment

I Missed out on the fun today. Are you guys gonna have another funfly next weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
                  I Missed out on the fun today. Are you guys gonna have another funfly next weekend?
                  Hey bro, you were missed today. It was fun. Yeah try joining us next week.

Cheers,
                  Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Will try to join next week. Hand very itchy iao.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                    BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Hey Sherchoo,

Long time no see. Hope your launch blade is holding up well now. Yeah let's catch up next week.

Also, during the next DLG funfly, I am thinking that we can have a mini contest. Something simple. The task is as follows:

Task: 1 x 10 (10 minute working time)
                      Description: Flyers are to get 10 one minute flights in 10 minutes. Flights under one minute are not deemed valid flights. The task can be done anytime during the funfly, just need a scoring sheet.
                      Logistics: 1 flyer, 1 caller/timer, a DLG timer on Android/iphone and/or 2 x stopwatches (stopwatches I have)

This is just an informal contest, like almost all of them that we had so far. No need to be ultra competitive. It's mostly for a good time. Also this task is meant to hone quick turnaround (landing and launching) skills and sharper air reading skills. On the day itself, I can give a more detailed briefing and share strategies. I'll rustle up a small gift for the winner.

So come down and join the fun. It's a great way to share knowledge and maybe also learn something new.

Cheers,
                      Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Oooo.. Sounds fun! So this will be on this Sat or Sun?

Comment

Hi Pixeldixel,

This will happen on Sat Morning.

Cheers,
                          Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Hi Pixeldixel,

This will happen on Sat Morning.

Cheers,
                            Adnan
                            Aight... Thanks bro! I will try to have an earlier Friday night's rest.

Comment

Hi Adnan,

Launch blade ugly but works well... not bad for a newbie.

Timed my flights the other day... 50 secs the most.... how to contest????

Need more practise....

Anyway, will dropby at abt 9am after dropping my kid off.... cya

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                              BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Working...
                              X