Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many mornings, the rain decided to come down on Saturday.... haiz.....

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
    BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Yeah man, I was bummed on Sat morning.

I made up for loss flight time yesterday when I went out in the afternoon to help Ray (MHN) do some initial trims for his Super Topsky 2.0 maiden. I was there early and had a few few tosses myself. It's been a long time since i flew in ideal afternoon conditions and I was immediately rewarded with a speck out in no time with the Steigeisen. Forgot how nice it was to fly in the afternoon.

Later on I timed the 10 x 1min task for Ronald and then he timed for me. The friendly competition was fun, and I managed 7 x 1 min flight and the last flight was around 40 sec. Man I am out of practice. Gotta aim for full nine flights. Just gotta do this more often.

This Saturday morning, same time, same place, hopefully better weather. As usual, everybody is invited to drop by and join in the silent flight fun. The people flying them seldom that silent ;) See you guys.

Cheers,
      Adnan
      Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
      ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
      Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

LOL.
        And now I'm addicted and seeing weird illusions everytime i see the big blue sky.

Thanks to Adnan for helping to wring out my TopSky 2.0. And I'm really floored by the experienced gain through building and flying something so deceptively simple.

Will try to hunt thermals again today at OHR or Tampines lol. (I've had 5 noseplants after we met- it's a tough plane.)

Will be there tomorrow. Seeya!

Comment

Good to know you're addicted too bro ,

looking forward to tomorrow's session. Let's hope for great weather.

Cheers,
          Adnan
          ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MicroHeli-Nut View Post
            LOL.
            And now I'm addicted and seeing weird illusions everytime i see the big blue sky.

Thanks to Adnan for helping to wring out my TopSky 2.0. And I'm really floored by the experienced gain through building and flying something so deceptively simple.

Will try to hunt thermals again today at OHR or Tampines lol. (I've had 5 noseplants after we met- it's a tough plane.)

Will be there tomorrow. Seeya!
            Speaking of "noseplants", I would like to share with all of you the dumbest thing I did in my entire seven years of aero-modeling. Last Sunday, I was flying at the field early that hot sunny afternoon and decided to take a rest when Ghert wanted to borrow some sticky tape. When I was ready to fly again, I switched my tx back on but it slipped my mind that my 12FG was left on the transmission confirmation screen that reads ?PLEASE CHECK FREQUENCY. TRANSMIT? YES/NO?. Without hesitation and without selecting ?YES? I launched my Blaster 3 skyward only to realize that I did not have any control. I watched helplessly as it plummeted back to earth like a javelin when gravity took its toll.

I have always made it a point to check all controls before I launch my planes. It was just that one incident that I slipped and "shit happened".

Thankfully, it had rained the night before and the muddy ground helped absorb most of the impact. The damage was a crumpled nose cone (which I have already replaced) and a slight fracture of the skins near the leading edge of the right wing. I do not know if there was any damage to the wing spar but had rt9 give it a hard toss to get it ?re-certified?. I hope the spar did not get fractured and that the model will hold up with me long enough to get the hang of DLG flying as I am really enjoying the Blaster 3.
            Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

I do not know why when ever I post, the (") gets replaced with (?)
              Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Nice turnout last saturday. Also the weather now has been great for thermal hunting.

sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to this Sat's session after missing out last Saturday. Had to stop flying after I "changkul" the ground with my wing during launch.... haiz. Anyway, it's repaired now (not my best work) and ready to go.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                  BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Excellent Saturday for DLG fun.

Hi All,

Last Saturday morning was awesome conditions. It was like a "thermal party" at Tampines after 9am. There were pockets and blooms all around. I am so looking forward to this Saturday morning again.

The 10x1min is actually do-able and adrenaline-pumping. Most of all, it was fun. I do hope more pilots would join in this Saturday for a few rounds of games (or tasks, as the F3K boys would call it).

Regards,
                    Ronald.

Hi Joe, hope you are feeling better. Take care.

Comment

Here's a short vis of MHN's first Discus launch with the Topsky.

Note: The video is a bit wonky 'cos Youtube "fixed" it.

Cheers,
                      Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Tomorrow same time same place.

Last week saw the successful maiden of the topsky 3 dbox disser. Just need to trim and fine tune the plane. The ts3 launches high and fast. Hopefully the winds cooperate tomorrow for.better.flights.

The repaired stobel.may see air time tomorrow too.

sigpic

Comment

Sky was overcast today.

Bigger turnout today with Sherwin, Ben, Adnan, myself, and Ronald and (?) Bernando.

Quite gusty and windy.... Saw the afamed Strobel, and watched the TS 3 in action.

5 gliders up in the air... what a sight.... especially when launching almost simultaneously.

Wringed out my Super TS2 today... sorted out the decalage (?) and the CG.... nice to fly up wind and downwind now...

Photos coming soon from Adnan? lol...

Comment

Thermal Seeker

Hi Micro-Heli Nut,

Your launches and glider is doing better every week. Well done!

I am itching for DLG this Saturday again and will try to get there little earlier to practice in "dead-air" conditions. See how long my models can hang in those still conditions. Do come if you can make it.

Last Saturday was indeed a good turn out. Check out the bright grins in the photo!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2672-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	516.0 KB
ID:	971393

Regards,
                            Ronald.

PS. Joe, we do look forward to your return.

Comment

Thanks Ronald for the picture. Mine was not save on my HP

Anyways, with competitions just around the corner, I think we can start preparing for them from now.

I'm planning a sharing session this Saturday at around 9 am on basic air-reading. I'm no expert but I will try my best to share what I know. Topics covered will be plane trimming, identifying thermals while in flight, and reading ground signs. Most of these I learned from Radio Carbon Arts videos and they work, I'm just sharing them based on my experience.

Then at around 10am, maybe we can have one or two rounds of tasks. Most probably the ladder task and last flight.

Hoping for good weather.

Cheers,
                              Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Thermal Seekers

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                                Thanks Ronald for the picture. Mine was not save on my HP

Anyways, with competitions just around the corner, I think we can start preparing for them from now.

I'm planning a sharing session this Saturday at around 9 am on basic air-reading. I'm no expert but I will try my best to share what I know. Topics covered will be plane trimming, identifying thermals while in flight, and reading ground signs. Most of these I learned from Radio Carbon Arts videos and they work, I'm just sharing them based on my experience.

Then at around 10am, maybe we can have one or two rounds of tasks. Most probably the ladder task and last flight.

Hoping for good weather.

Cheers,
                                Adnan
                                Yes, I am planning to re-setup and upgrade my first topsky 2.0 to super topsky 2.0 for the coming contests, hopefully lighter too. With the kind of rigorous turn arounds practice, a standby model will be very handy.

I will see you this Saturday and yes, let's hope for excellent weather conditions.

Regards,
                                Ronald.

Comment

Working...
                                X