Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think, i got it.
    1-I connect to Assistant Software Version V2.10.
    2-I got to "TOOL" and select Restore default setting.
    3-Select "check IMU Status"=OK.
    4-Select "Advance Calibration", Waited almost 3 mins
    5-Go to the top menu and select "basic" and "advance" configuration.
    Note***( Everything is back to zero. I set everything on each page and press ENTER)

Unplug the usb and cycle the power.
    6-Calibrate the GPS and unplug the power.

After that when i replug the battery, it do a self check, follow by yellow bling for 1set then it continue with 2 green and 3 red all the way.
    All this around less then 20 sec. And i can arm The motor....... Woo Huuuu!!! Cheerssss!!!

I can't fly it in the house since i dont know how high the Auto take off mode will hover...

I hope my 550 can fly nicely or better then the old FW.....

Comment

hi all, i'm new to this, quadcopters and generally rc. i just built my quad, but i am having trouble with the 3rd rotor not spinning properly.

i did try swapping motors, all are running fine except when connected to 3rd esc, checked solder and re-soldered, still the same.

any advise? thanks:

if this has it's own thread, and/or if this has already been answered, apologies, link would be appreciated. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jakm View Post
        hi all, i'm new to this, quadcopters and generally rc. i just built my quad, but i am having trouble with the 3rd rotor not spinning properly.

i did try swapping motors, all are running fine except when connected to 3rd esc, checked solder and re-soldered, still the same.

any advise? thanks:

if this has it's own thread, and/or if this has already been answered, apologies, link would be appreciated. thanks.
        Bro you need to check the connectivity from esc to motor. Sure there is a breakage. Examin the black heat strinking tube section ESP the gold pins.

Comment

Originally posted by bozora View Post
          Hi Auhouhz...this is strange if you upgrade the FC firmware to V3.1....you cannot missed the warming up orange blink. What motor cut off type have you chosen (immediately or intelligent?)
          I chose intelligent. Another friend of mine also same as me. No self check.

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
            Bro you need to check the connectivity from esc to motor. Sure there is a breakage. Examin the black heat strinking tube section ESP the gold pins.
            Hi Jakm....pls check the following

1) pls check the screws that you use to mount the motor...they may be too long and touches the motor coil.

2) take prop off power to see if it is spinning properly.

kindly check and revert

Comment

any advise? thanks:

also check that you calibrated all the ESCs using your radio tx.

Comment

Hi Jakm....pls check the following

1) pls check the screws that you use to mount the motor...they may be too long and touches the motor coil.

2) take prop off power to see if it is spinning properly.

kindly check and revert
                thanks,

i tried swapping the motors to each and every esc, all works fine except when connected to 3rd esc. all four motors spins properly with the props except when connected to 3rd esc. all motors spins fine when connected to motor 3 without prop, but doesn't spin properly with prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
                  also check that you calibrated all the ESCs using your radio tx.
                  thanks for suggestion as well,

been trying to calibrate, tried esc calibration found from youtube university http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKfQ6PDAbhM

connected the motor to port 3 on receiver with red wire in, throttle on middle/half-stick, getting different tones that shown on videos, not really sure how to calibrate simon-k esc.

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
                    thanks, i tried re-soldering the gold plugs (female) to motor, but no luck there. could be the wire connection to the board? but didn't want to operate on the esc's board shrinkwrap as supplier might not want to take it back anymore if i did that. will send to trouble esc to supplier and see how it goes from there.

still, i am interested on how to properly calibrate simon-k esc, tried several approach as shown from youtube, but still no luck.

here's what i have:

futaba 10c tx
                    2212 motors (3s 930KV)
                    simon-k factory reflashed 20A

Comment

Gaui 540 HexaCopter New Build. I got this build last night...out of curiosity to find out how the new fw 3.1 on the old naza-m flight controller handles a hexa - alot of talks about error blink lights and all. All my hexa and octs are using DJI WKM and Zero UAV...so this is really my first hexa on a naza-m.

Took me about 4hrs to get it build and dial in. Well I must say this is 1 hexa I build without much soldering.

All the scorpion motors that comes with the hexa already has all the right connectors.
                      The Gaui ESC also has all the right length of wires and connectors.
                      The bottom plate has an integrated power distribution board.

It's quite literally 'plug and play'!!!

I swap out the pig tail XT-60 connector for deans - that's the only thing I solder.

Here're the pix...I'll post the warmup to startup vid shortly.
                      Did you get from singahobby? I was just looking at it last night! Nice built as usual from Gaui. Hope to see your flight video soon!

Comment

thanks, i tried re-soldering the gold plugs (female) to motor, but no luck there. could be the wire connection to the board? but didn't want to operate on the esc's board shrinkwrap as supplier might not want to take it back anymore if i did that. will send to trouble esc to supplier and see how it goes from there.

still, i am interested on how to properly calibrate simon-k esc, tried several approach as shown from youtube, but still no luck.

here's what i have:

futaba 10c tx
                        2212 motors (3s 930KV)
                        Hi Bro, you flash the esc yourself? Cos if flash liao no more warranty liao I guess.

Or may be try reflashing again, to confirm it prompt "Ok" or "successful". Just a thought since you tried all avenue.

Comment

Hello Boys and Girls....There will be a funfly this coming Sun...so bring along your quad, tri, hexa, octocopter, RC Kites, ParaGlider, etc!!!!

And...
                          For those who have problem setting and tuning your quad, bring it down....we'll dial in for you.
                          For those who wants us to upgrade your Naza M V1 to FW3.1...bring it down.
                          For those who just want to look-see and findout more....come on down too.
                          For the ladies who just want to lay their hands on a quad....look for Speeder

Venue : 22 Jalan Jentera S619441
                          Date : 19 May 2013
                          Time : 2-4pm

Kindly let us know your tentative participation
                          1) Speeder (DJI F550 Hexa on Naza M FW3.0)
                          2) Bozora (Gaui H540 Hexa on Naza M FW3.1)
                          3) Divegil (Octo on Zero UAV YS-X4 Navi Edition)

I pray for sunny sky.

And here's where we fly....note the building behind.

Comment

here's what i have:

futaba 10c tx
                            2212 motors (3s 930KV)
                            I remember seeing some good videos on this back when I was learning... but I can't seem to find them anymore... all those that i've found were overly long and not particularly clear.

This is what you do to calibrate your ESCs.

1. Make sure everything is properly wired up and connected except for the battery (I recommend you remove your propellers for safety)
                            2. Turn on your Radio Transmitter and push your Throttle to the maximum power and leave it there.
                            3. Connect your multirotor battery.
                            4. Listen for 1 short beep
                            5. Push your throttle to zero power and wait for a sequence of beeps.
                            6. Disconnect the multirotor battery
                            7. Wait for a few seconds....
                            8. Reconnect your multirotor battery
                            9. Punch a little bit of throttle (I HOPE you removed those propellers!)
                            10. Check that they all spin up and down at the same time... Done!

Originally posted by tdlucas View Post
                            Hi Bro, you flash the esc yourself? Cos if flash liao no more warranty liao I guess.

Or may be try reflashing again, to confirm it prompt "Ok" or "successful". Just a thought since you tried all avenue.
                            Based on his parts list... I'm pretty sure he's using RCTimer HP2812 930KV motors and SK20A ESCs.

Comment

i mean HP2212 930kv... wth is there no edit function... are we living in the 80s?

Comment

[QUOTE=bozora;594855]Hello Boys and Girls....There will be a funfly this coming Sun...so bring along your quad, tri, hexa, octocopter, RC Kites, ParaGlider, etc!!!!

And...
                                For those who have problem setting and tuning your quad, bring it down....we'll dial in for you.
                                For those who wants us to upgrade your Naza M V1 to FW3.1...bring it down.
                                For those who just want to look-see and findout more....come on down too.
                                For the ladies who just want to lay their hands on a quad....look for Speeder

Venue : 22 Jalan Jentera S619441
                                Date : 19 May 2013
                                Time : 2-4pm

Kindly let us know your tentative participation
                                1) Speeder (DJI F550 Hexa on Naza M FW3.0)
                                2) Bozora (Gaui H540 Hexa on Naza M FW3.1)
                                3) Divegil (Octo on Zero UAV YS-X4 Navi Edition)
                                4) Zennith (DJI 450 Quad on Naza M FW3.1)

I pray for sunny sky.

And here's where we fly....note the building behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X