Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing to add though, regardless of the FC, I always start my Tx configuration by lowering the end-points and making sure the pulse width is between 1100-1900. So on my Turnigy 9XR, that's -78 to 78 (instead of 100 to 100). I don't know if your JR or Spektrum can show PWM values, but try reducing both sides of your endpoints by 25%, then calibrate your ESCs with it, then your Naza.

Comment

I've made a short video of the problem I am facing. Please see if I had done something wrong.

TX: Spektrum DX8 Neutral trims, travels all at default 100 to 100,
      RX: Orange 9CH

Works fine on previous version of NAZA M and DJI assistant. Now tx stick calibration don't seems to get written into NAZA. After stick calibration, unplug calibration, settings remain and I am able to arm. After power cycle, NAZA forgets the calibration and goes back to the state before calibration and I cannot arm.

I have tried, immediately cycle power after calibration, close software before power cycle, disconnect NAZA after calibration without cycle power (it works until you cycle power as shown in video).

Sorry about the fumbling and noisy background.. I'm holding the phone with one hand..

I've also tried to download previous version of DJI Assistant but when connected, it says the NAZA M's version is not compatible.

Playing with TX's travel and trims will be the last resort to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Auhouhz View Post
        I've made a short video of the problem I am facing. Please see if I had done something wrong.

TX: Spektrum DX8 Neutral trims, travels all at default 100 to 100,
        RX: Orange 9CH

Works fine on previous version of NAZA M and DJI assistant. Now tx stick calibration don't seems to get written into NAZA. After stick calibration, unplug calibration, settings remain and I am able to arm. After power cycle, NAZA forgets the calibration and goes back to the state before calibration and I cannot arm.

I have tried, immediately cycle power after calibration, close software before power cycle, disconnect NAZA after calibration without cycle power (it works until you cycle power as shown in video).

Sorry about the fumbling and noisy background.. I'm holding the phone with one hand..

I've also tried to download previous version of DJI Assistant but when connected, it says the NAZA M's version is not compatible.

Playing with TX's travel and trims will be the last resort to get it to work.

Do a very quick test. Reduce your stick travel by 10 on both sides (i.e., -90 to 90) for AETR. Calibrate your Naza with it, unplug the USB, attempt to arm. Arming should work. Now, power cycle Naza, then try to arm them again. If that works then re-calibrate your ESCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
          Do a very quick test. Reduce your stick travel by 10 on both sides (i.e., -90 to 90) for AETR. Calibrate your Naza with it, unplug the USB, attempt to arm. Arming should work. Now, power cycle Naza, then try to arm them again. If that works then re-calibrate your ESCs.
          I guess that will work by playing with tx travel limit.. But that doesn't address the problem of Naza not registering new calibration data.

Comment

I guess that will work by playing with tx travel limit.. But that doesn't address the problem of Naza not registering new calibration data.
            That's true though, and it looks like Naza is aware of the issue and working on it. I got exactly the same behavior as what you have on the Naza Assistant, but my quad arms and flies perfectly with the off-centered values.

Comment

Originally posted by bozora View Post
              Tom99sg will like the encircle mode!!!!
              Sure i will!! Was about to test jus now..than notice that my quad behave strangely..it was hovering than suddenly it gave a jerk. Than i land n check, to be cautious i connect to my pc n it prompts me to do advance calibration. Ok, after that i thought it was back to normal so i flew again n same again..it jerk..again i check with my pc n it prompts to do advance calibration! Wat the heck...i check all settings are center also n never noticd anything abnormal.i did 3 to 4 times of advance calibration liao but stil the same. Give up for today..no chance to try encircle mode...haizzz

Comment

Originally posted by tom99sg View Post
                Sure i will!! Was about to test jus now..than notice that my quad behave strangely..it was hovering than suddenly it gave a jerk. Than i land n check, to be cautious i connect to my pc n it prompts me to do advance calibration. Ok, after that i thought it was back to normal so i flew again n same again..it jerk..again i check with my pc n it prompts to do advance calibration! Wat the heck...i check all settings are center also n never noticd anything abnormal.i did 3 to 4 times of advance calibration liao but stil the same. Give up for today..no chance to try encircle mode...haizzz
                Maybe its the issue of naza doesnt register the calibration data after power cycle. Try to fly immediately after the calibration, just disconnect the usb and go fly without power cycle. If it doesnt jerk, power cycle it and see if the jerk comes back. If it does then confirm same issue as mine..

Comment

Thanks a million to Bozora and guys at SGDRIFters for helping to rectify the NAZA firmware upgrade and the tips for good layout, especially Bozora who spent so much patient time on the Quad last night. Deeply appreciate it. FPV acquisition is next! Fantastic thread and wonderful folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
                    I've tested this sometime ago and it does work, but it is because this is a feature of Home Lock itself. In Home Lock, the multirotor's "back" always points to the "home" location. Since it is possible to reset the "home" location while in flight (toggle the IOC switch), the multirotor can effectively encircle over a defined location simply by doing a left or right aileron (and preferably with altitude hold).

Note that the craft must be moved away for more than 10 meters from the new "home" location for this to work, otherwise, the craft will take a temporary course lock mode based on the current forward direction. It is not recommended to reset your new "home" location far from you, or over a location you wouldn't want your craft to land in (e.g., water). Naza only records one home point, and this will be used by the fail-safe mode as well.
                    Maybe its the issue of naza doesnt register the calibration data after power cycle. Try to fly immediately after the calibration, just disconnect the usb and go fly without power cycle. If it doesnt jerk, power cycle it and see if the jerk comes back. If it does then confirm same issue as mine..
                    Bozora, u have the same issue? You manage to resolve it?

Comment

Bozora, u have the same issue? You manage to resolve it?
                      Hi Tom....are you referring to the encircle mode....if so...I encounter no problem...quite fun with my gopro hero3 always point to target during circling.

If you are referring to the JR TX being off centred during calibration....yes it is slightly off centred (even if all trims and sub trims are in neutral. I have send DJI-I a mail reporting this problem. Hopefully they reply soon.

On the other hand, The futabas in Tradition or S-Bus is dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosein View Post
                        Thanks a million to Bozora and guys at SGDRIFters for helping to rectify the NAZA firmware upgrade and the tips for good layout, especially Bozora who spent so much patient time on the Quad last night. Deeply appreciate it. FPV acquisition is next! Fantastic thread and wonderful folks.
                        Hi Nosein...hope you enjoy the fight. Do note that the from-ground-to-hover is a little too sensitive for my liking at default setting of all round 100 gain. I hate to adjust down the gain at this point in time. Why so? I think by the time you add the GoPro H3 B and bigger battery...say a 4000mah in 3S, it should fly much much better. So for now, go easy on the throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by bozora View Post
                          Hi Tom....are you referring to the encircle mode....if so...I encounter no problem...quite fun with my gopro hero3 always point to target during circling.

If you are referring to the JR TX being off centred during calibration....yes it is slightly off centred (even if all trims and sub trims are in neutral. I have send DJI-I a mail reporting this problem. Hopefully they reply soon.

On the other hand, The futabas in Tradition or S-Bus is dead on.
                          Hi Boroza,
                          Is it normal when you click advance calibration and an error window pops up stating that there is error and you need to do advance calibration? If i dont click the advance calibration i dont get to see the error window. I tried flying as usual for 6 packs and only once or twice it will jerk awhile. Also check with another hexa flyer and he says that when he did a failsafe, he gets this jerk one or twice before. Btw, the encircle works fine!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Advance cali.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	974943
                            Hi Boroza,
                            Is it normal when you click advance calibration and an error window pops up stating that there is error and you need to do advance calibration? If i dont click the advance calibration i dont get to see the error window. I tried flying as usual for 6 packs and only once or twice it will jerk awhile. Also check with another hexa flyer and he says that when he did a failsafe, he gets this jerk one or twice before. Btw, the encircle works fine!!!
                            Hi Bozora,
                            Herewith attached the picture of the error seen when doing advance calibration.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123964[/ATTACH]

Hi Bozora,
                              Herewith attached the picture of the error seen when doing advance calibration.
                              Did you perform the Advance calibration? Or the error message still there after the advance calibration?

Comment

Did you perform the Advance calibration? Or the error message still there after the advance calibration?
                                Hi Auhouhz, I did the advance calibration n the error goes away but the next time when I did this advance cal. It appears again..is it normal? Temporary I jus ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                                X