Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corroplast build?

Anyone use corroplast to build an electric plane/trainer?
    Plane 1:
    FreeWing F-15
    Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
    GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
    Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Originally posted by JieZ View Post
    http://www.daddyhobby.com/gallery/sh...=24&ppuser=594
    EVO Mugi, electric plan. Not trainer.

Vary tough material, crash resistance.
    Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

go and study for your o' levels....
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Try SPAD
        http://www.spadtothebone.com/
        There are some trainers.

Comment

???

Comment

Jiez is having his 'o' levels soon if I recall correctly, and he's looking around for planes in e forum, so I'm telling him to study for o' levels instead of being distracted by dreaming of what planes to build.
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

I see

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                Jiez is having his 'o' levels soon if I recall correctly, and he's looking around for planes in e forum, so I'm telling him to study for o' levels instead of being distracted by dreaming of what planes to build.
                Yea bro,your right.but my hands are itching.
                Plane 1:
                FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
                  Try SPAD
                  http://www.spadtothebone.com/
                  There are some trainers.
                  Bro,all nitro?
                  Plane 1:
                  FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

hi, here's my diy CP plane, plans from here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681556

Comment

Haha...yep, go study for your O levels! After you O levels, you can have all the fun in the world! ...ok,maybe for the 6months holiday. Find a part time job too during that time so you could spend more on your hobby

Anyway... damm....., Your CP plane looks uncrashable/unbreakable/un...er..., Well, CP planes are really durable! Bytheway, what did you use to join the parts together?
                      Build it
                      Fly it
                      Crash it
                      Fix it

Comment

Yea bro,your right.but my hands are itching.
                        Yeah, I know how it is like. But scratch building takes a ridiculously high amount of time and energy, and sometimes disclipline, time which is better used elsewhere. And coroplast is not a friendly material to build with. Too big, too floppy, too heavy, too little resources online. Why risk building something that don't fly? It only makes you kek.

Trust me, I've been there before, spent all my time on other things, then after the exams...you find that it was time better spent on studying. I still could make it to JC, but feeling is not good... could have done better.

Planes can be bought and made and crashed, but O levels are forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                          Yeah, I know how it is like. But scratch building takes a ridiculously high amount of time and energy, and sometimes disclipline, time which is better used elsewhere. And coroplast is not a friendly material to build with. Too big, too floppy, too heavy, too little resources online. Why risk building something that don't fly? It only makes you kek.

Trust me, I've been there before, spent all my time on other things, then after the exams...you find that it was time better spent on studying. I still could make it to JC, but feeling is not good... could have done better.

Planes can be bought and made and crashed, but O levels are forever.
                          Shall heed ur advise.think i play sim.
                          Plane 1:
                          FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Scratch built

I found this very interesting old thread.
                            Corrugated plastic has great potential. This is my latest scratch built using 2mm thick CP material. It is only a few days old.

see video
                            Scratch built SPAD pusher jet built from 2mm thick corrugated plastic.Video shows the agilities of this radio control model plane. No tendencies of tip stal...

This particular design SPAD has great potential.

enjoy & cheers

Comment

Nice. How do you get the wood to stick to the coroplast? Do you use any other backup, e.g. cable tie the wood to the coroplast?

How about the little parts like servos and horns - you use hot glue? Would be great if you could post a close-up photo, esp the motor mount. I don't have much experience building with coroplast, simple things also must verify
                              ------------------------------
                              Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                              NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Working...
                              X