Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiplex EasyCub

hiya folks,

I'm keen to start this incredible new hobby! Anyone has any experience with Multiplex's Easy Cub?

Can it be flown as a FPV?

Shalom and God Bless!

-Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by foampervert View Post
      hiya folks,

I'm keen to start this incredible new hobby! Anyone has any experience with Multiplex's Easy Cub?

Shalom and God Bless!

-Alexander
      Any plane that has extra payload capability can be FPVed.
      Of course pushers are better as they give a clear view.

Comment

How heavy?

Hiya FPV Folks!

I'm just wondering how much more weight does the plane have to lug around and how it affects flight characteristics?

Would a plane designed especially for fpv be better or converting a regular plane?

Comment

Just calculate the wing loading.

Comment

It will be a good FPV Plane. The only problem is the prop is in from. Video will not be as pretty thats all. I went for the EasyStar and Twin star. Both take good videos and its loads of fun to fly. Both are also good at carrying loads. The Twinstar is a real cargo plane. I use 2x2250mah and it's nothing to the plane. 30-40mins flight time. EasyStar on 1x2250mah will fly roughly 30mins.

hiya folks,

Shalom and God Bless!

-Alexander

Comment

Hiya FPV Folks!

I'm just wondering how much more weight does the plane have to lug around and how it affects flight characteristics?

Would a plane designed especially for fpv be better or converting a regular plane?

Hi there,

Modding different types of regular planes to fit FPV is doable. I've even seen someone modding a F-16 edf to fit the camera inside the canopy! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1111348 ,but thats something i'm not willing to try for now because its too fast and risk of crash is high.

I suggest getting a decent glider,trainer plane,something that flies slow and can be modified around easily would be one of the best options,namely the easystar, twinstar, clouds fly ,skywalker and so on. Those designs are chosen,proven and tested by hundreds of FPV fliers alike in other countries.

The 2nd last picture would be my scratch build FPV plane. Specially designed for FPV which through tons of testing for 5months to finalised on this design. Works great and can carry additional payload up to 700grams with it's 2m wingspan, but sometimes... electrical failure does happen and be prepared to crash the plane with all the expensive FPV gears into the forest. (see last pic )

Build it
              Fly it
              Crash it
              Fix it

Comment

Bro, there is some strange thing in this picture you took.. hummm... looks like...

Akro 804M(GP to EP), Built by Mr Bong in 1985, a gift from Daniel Soon - KIA
                Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no1, eated by tree
                Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no2, maiden on 17 Oct 09 at Anchorvale
                Clouds Fly(EP), convert to night flyer?
                Heli
                Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice
                Hirobo GPH346 flight time - alot of CP 15% liao

Comment

Originally posted by temannis View Post
                  Bro, there is some strange thing in this picture you took.. hummm... looks like...
                  The plane gave up the g***t.

Comment

The G***t came to take a look....

Originally posted by etman View Post
                    The plane gave up the g***t.

Comment

4Km Record Flight

Today I just pushed my EasyStar to 4km. Video downlink is still perfect. I am sure it can go 5km without a problem. That will be my next target. I used only 647mah to get there and probably 500mah to get back as there is altitude to bleed off. Thats a safe margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben33 View Post
                        Today I just pushed my EasyStar to 4km. Video downlink is still perfect. I am sure it can go 5km without a problem. That will be my next target. I used only 647mah to get there and probably 500mah to get back as there is altitude to bleed off. Thats a safe margin.
                        Good job bro! wow, your easystar is really power efficient. My Clouds Fly consume 1400mAh just to get a 3km round trip. Btw, in your previous clouds fly, did you change the stock motor?
                        Heli
                        Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice

Comment

After so many trial and error with the motor and prop combination,I found the low KV motor turning big prop to me most efficient. In place of the stock motor position, I mounted a stick mount instead. I will pick the motor and prop combo for each mission.

Long range 1000kv with 8x6 prop. level flight 50-60kmh. Flight time 45mins
                          Fun fly 1600kv with 8x4 prop. levelflight 70-80kmh. Flight time 20mins

On my CF previously I used Tunigy 1650kv and 1900kv with a smaller prop like 6x5E. The flight time is not too bad. Probably only slightly less than my current EZ*, but it flys faster. I still miss my CF It's a good hardy plane. Only thing it's small and need to do some space management to get all the equipments in.

Ben

Good job bro! wow, your easystar is really power efficient. My Clouds Fly consume 1400mAh just to get a 3km round trip. Btw, in your previous clouds fly, did you change the stock motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben33 View Post
                            After so many trial and error with the motor and prop combination,I found the low KV motor turning big prop to me most efficient. In place of the stock motor position, I mounted a stick mount instead. I will pick the motor and prop combo for each mission.

Long range 1000kv with 8x6 prop. level flight 50-60kmh. Flight time 45mins
                            Fun fly 1600kv with 8x4 prop. levelflight 70-80kmh. Flight time 20mins

On my CF previously I used Tunigy 1650kv and 1900kv with a smaller prop like 6x5E. The flight time is not too bad. Probably only slightly less than my current EZ*, but it flys faster. I still miss my CF It's a good hardy plane. Only thing it's small and need to do some space management to get all the equipments in.

Ben
                            Hi Bro, thanks for the info. Agrees with the CF, nice, hardy and compact . With the addition of pan and tilt camera mounting, its flying weight increased to 950g and still can glide very well, but requires quite a throw to launch it though
                            Heli

Comment

But it never fails to take off... Once in the air it's flies great. It is less affected by wind compared to the easystar... maybe because it's slicker.
                              By weighing all the pros and cons, I still think the Easy Star is the better choice. The room in the CF is really too small. I cannot seem to get the sensitive electronics far apart enough. The aileron wirings is also hard to connect. Maybe I am lazy... haha.

Ben

Hi Bro, thanks for the info. Agrees with the CF, nice, hardy and compact . With the addition of pan and tilt camera mounting, its flying weight increased to 950g and still can glide very well, but requires quite a throw to launch it though

Comment

so impressive. but how abt the frequency? is it allowed to use 1.3Ghz?(old question, but need to make sure) and where is the fpv field?

Comment

Working...
                                X