• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fpv

Where can i get a FPV in singapore.

Comment

60" Grim Reaper FPV/AV

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

Hi etman, where did get the Grim Reaper? Local or net?
        Been looking around for it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mer78 View Post
          Hi etman, where did get the Grim Reaper? Local or net?
          Been looking around for it. Thanks.
          Buy directly from CrashTestHobby website.
          Lee is the guy who is selling it.

Retail radio control airplanes

Comment

My night flying platform - AXN Floater

Comment

FPV goes very wrong, plane kidnapped, then....

one reason to fly FPV.

YES THIS WAS REAL......... The small Styrofoam plane crashed due to a faulty receiver(BERG) which caused it to fly out of the park and keep on going out of ...

saw it via : http://diydrones.ning.com/profiles/b...ry-wrong-plane

Comment

I'm kinda new into fpv, just bought a set from a fellow bro here. Very good set but the video quality keeps getting distorted. So I was just wondering what could be done to improve the signal? From what I heard, it's either the placement of the fpv gear or I could diy a patch antenna. So I was just wondering how can I Diy a patch antenna and what materials do I need? Thanks so much!

Comment

Some tips,

1. IMO, better to just buy a patch than to make one. It is possible to make one. Just some tin plate, SMA connector, wood spacers, wires.

2. Check the wiring. Put ferrite on the power cables. Use low RF noise UBEC.

3. Put the video TX far away from GPS antenna and RC antenna.

4. Fly in a low RF noise area.

5. Put your antenna on a tripod, far away from your body.

6. Have you mount the TX antenna upright and also the RX antenna upright?

7. Are you sure the video TX/RX you got is a 'good' one if you get frequent distortion? When does it receive distortion? It is expected that in turns the polarization mismatch will cause degradation in signal.

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

1) Where can i purchase such patch antenna. If i were to DIY, are there any websites that teach me how to do it?

2) Where can i get ferrite? I'm using a 40 A pentium esc, with a built in BEC.

3) I see, that may be the problem, i placed my vid tx right above my rc rx.

4) I think my area has a low RF noise.

5) I placed the RX on the ground, will place it on a tripod the next round.

6) Both antennas are upright.

7) I believe it is good as the previous owner purchased it from BEVRC. It happens most of the time when my motor is running.

Sorry for asking so many questions.
                    Its from Bevrc, the review says that it could up to a distance of 4 miles.

Comment

Shoyn bought the Tx and Rx and cam from me
                      I am also new to FPV and have not use it on flight before.

It is the 1.2gHz 800mw combo from BEVRC.
                      the cam is the KX131.

All connections between the cam and Tx are original matching from BEVRC.

I belive Shoyn is experiencing video dropout at times.
                      how do you guys overcome this?

Please guide him along ;) thanks alot.

Comment

Originally posted by shoyn View Post
                        Thanks for the tips.

1) Where can i purchase such patch antenna. If i were to DIY, are there any websites that teach me how to do it?
                        BECRC has patch antenna. In fact all FPV shops have it.

DIY Patch Antenna

2) Where can i get ferrite? I'm using a 40 A pentium esc, with a built in BEC.
                        Jethobby sells ferrite rings. Sim Lim Tower also sells.

3) I see, that may be the problem, i placed my vid tx right above my rc rx.
                        Should not affect. But generally you want it far away.

4) I think my area has a low RF noise.

5) I placed the RX on the ground, will place it on a tripod the next round.

6) Both antennas are upright. Good

7) I believe it is good as the previous owner purchased it from BEVRC. It happens most of the time when my motor is running.
                        Put video TX far away from your motor/esc. See if it makes a difference.

Sorry for asking so many questions.
                        Its from Bevrc, the review says that it could up to a distance of 4 miles.

Dun believe the Chinese claims
                        I have since changed from BEVRC video Tx to Lawmate TX. I had the buggy video too.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Will try it out again this weekend.

Comment

My FPV Journey

I started flying FPV in March this year. Not much success until recently.

I started out buying the BEVRC / BOB / FOX video system. That was the major problem. It really sucked. Then I changed to Lawmate 1W, works perfectly.

Second problem was loose connectors. I didn't know how to crimp JST plugs correctly resulting in much frustration and iffy performance. I have since learnt how to crimp properly.

Thirdly I was trying to fly by the video out of the GoPro, thinking that the wide angle and quality is beneficial. This is very RF noisy and badly affected the signal. So I'm back to plain recording on the GoPro and I fly by normal video camera.

And I have bought and tried some pretty useless things:
                            One eyed Centra Eyetops video glasses (WTF?)
                            DIY Vee Antenna and DIY Patch Antenna (I suck at soldering so lousy results)
                            Trenerka FPV Plane (stupid plane didn't fly)
                            Modding my Eagle to Twin and FPVing it (serious loss of control in steep bank)
                            Putting GoPro on my Funjet. (Funjet was not fun to fly, too heavy)

Comment

great sharing etman !

I only read from DH about FPV..
                              know about BEVRC from here and jumped into ordered a 800mw 1,2gHz..

Also understand that some bought from BEVRC too..
                              Havent been much into FPV after buying..
                              (yeah, put it in my car while driving is pure fun)
                              so eventually decided to sell it and landed it with Shoyn :p

also have a mini 200mw 5,8gHz thingy from fpvhobby..
                              been on my glider for a couple of flight..
                              hahaha.. not FPV thou..
                              it is rather i fly, some flying buddy watch from the screen.

signal havent been good either thou.
                              lost video signal here and there..

also have some eagle tree logger, OSD, GPS, LCD display from singapore hobby..
                              bought a easy star specially for it too..
                              intention is to spend more time on watching rather than effort flying .. :p

all not fix up nor setup yet..

Thinking of selling them already .. hahahah..

i find flying glider is still to my liking over FPV..

this are what i have invested on:

1. 800mW 1,2gHz combo, 131 cam (from BEVRC) - sold
                              2. 200mW 5,8gHz combo, nano cam (fpvhobby)
                              3. Eagle tree (Singapore Hobby)
                              -100A micro logger
                              -LCD display
                              -GPS
                              -OSD
                              4. MPX easy star

not too bad compare to etman :p

anyone want to buy over? hahaha..

Comment

Originally posted by shoyn View Post
                                Thanks for the reply. Will try it out again this weekend.
                                How is it Shoyn ?

Comment

Working...
                                X