Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RotorMania View Post
    wah!simi tius.should have gone to set my quad at night man.
    ha ha. you never know when girls interest will kick in man.she happy happy will just drop by.

Comment

nice to know there're girls flying.brighten my night shift work..ha ha.

Comment

Trying tri-blades on a DIY H-Quad. Use to run on 10" prop...we step-down the prop to a 9" tri-blade and the result is pretty good at the initial test. Better lift, better stability

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by bozora View Post
            Hi Bro, we get together every Tue, Thur and Fri evening to chit chat abt multi-rotors. Feel free to join us. Most of us have our regular day job and will only reach there after work to relak (say abt 8pm)

However, Speeder (Zhirong) is always there to tackle any queries you have though.
            Thanks bro...at least with the the quote is more meaningfull...haha

Comment

Btw, I'm having problem with my DJI 550 using Naza M. Any kind soul can advise? It always drift to the right in att mode. Once i subtrim it, it stays there but when i switch back to the GPS mode it drifts to the right! How does one knows if its the CG problem or setting wise? Another thing i would like to try is the att mode, whether it really stays at that height. Saw in youtube's pple fly near them and pushes it down from top. Dare not try..is there any other way to test?

Comment

Hi. Its best if you can join us to fly so we can check it for you or can drop by out chit chat session also.
                Mine also drift to right a bit at atti mode,but can easily be solve by adjusting your battery position to balance it out.dun trim or subtrim.
                We did try to push the quad up and pressing it down,it went back to the original positon accurately just like the video.

Comment

Our female quad flyer setting up a bling up DJI wkm Quad for her flying kakis ready for an upcoming Ladies Night QuadFly. wooooooohooooooooo
                  time to get wkm :P

Comment

Originally posted by speeder View Post
                    Hi. Its best if you can join us to fly so we can check it for you or can drop by out chit chat session also.
                    Mine also drift to right a bit at atti mode,but can easily be solve by adjusting your battery position to balance it out.dun trim or subtrim.
                    We did try to push the quad up and pressing it down,it went back to the original positon accurately just like the video.
                    Thanks Speeder. Will try to adjust my batt position too but i remember the last time i did wasn't successfull. Anyway will try again. Btw , do you all do all tunnings in manual mode? What i meant is I read on the net that if u can fly n adjust everythg to be stable in manual mode than everythg should be fine in att or gps mode? Maybe droppingby next week to bring my 550 to see you all. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tom99sg View Post
                      Btw, I'm having problem with my DJI 550 using Naza M. Any kind soul can advise? It always drift to the right in att mode. Once i subtrim it, it stays there but when i switch back to the GPS mode it drifts to the right! How does one knows if its the CG problem or setting wise? Another thing i would like to try is the att mode, whether it really stays at that height. Saw in youtube's pple fly near them and pushes it down from top. Dare not try..is there any other way to test?
                      Avoid trims with Naza as trims on Atti would not be honored in GPS and vice versa, although GPS should correct the drift but you will notice it fighting the tendency. Based on others' experiences and my own, the usual reason for drift is a Naza FC unit that is not level. Unlike other FCs, you can't calibrate or electronically tell it what it 'level'. Nazas are factory-calibrated and are suppose to be placed very flat on your quad since that's what it expect. However, tiny variations in manufacturing sometimes happen and not all are calibrated as such. What your Naza is doing is simply trying to level itself, not your quad. It is trying to achieve what it think is the right level (assuming there is no wind to fight against).

You can correct this by using some material as shims to tilt the Naza towards the side of the drift. I use small cutouts from old bike inner tubes and placed it under one side of the FC to lift it up, countering the drift. It may require you to experiment with how high the correction is until most of the drift is gone in Atti mode with no Tx trims.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
                        Avoid trims with Naza as trims on Atti would not be honored in GPS and vice versa, although GPS should correct the drift but you will notice it fighting the tendency. Based on others' experiences and my own, the usual reason for drift is a Naza FC unit that is not level. Unlike other FCs, you can't calibrate or electronically tell it what it 'level'. Nazas are factory-calibrated and are suppose to be placed very flat on your quad since that's what it expect. However, tiny variations in manufacturing sometimes happen and not all are calibrated as such. What your Naza is doing is simply trying to level itself, not your quad. It is trying to achieve what it think is the right level (assuming there is no wind to fight against).

You can correct this by using some material as shims to tilt the Naza towards the side of the drift. I use small cutouts from old bike inner tubes and placed it under one side of the FC to lift it up, countering the drift. It may require you to experiment with how high the correction is until most of the drift is gone in Atti mode with no Tx trims.
                        Thanks Aramid. Sounds logical to adjust the FC towards the drift. Guess i will try these 2 things than. Btw, is it right to say that the CG is correct when all your motors are equally hot or cool after the flight? I heard people saying if some of the motors are hotter than the others means your CG is still incorrect? Thanks to all the guru's!

Comment

Originally posted by TWE75 View Post
                          Wow pretty girl , now that's one more reason for more guys to go into quad lol just joking . But seriously , i've never seen any female into heli or quad before , seriouse . Esp when quad needs so much technical knowledge .
                          Yes, the number of girl flyers are few and far...but they do exist. Some of ladies I know does pretty aggressive 3D on their helis...but they have since switched over to gentle flyers - and quad flying more recently. So gentlemen, take note...this is not an all-male hobby. I wonder when will daddyhobby have a 'mommyhobby' spin off?

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Aramid. Sounds logical to adjust the FC towards the drift. Guess i will try these 2 things than. Btw, is it right to say that the CG is correct when all your motors are equally hot or cool after the flight? I heard people saying if some of the motors are hotter than the others means your CG is still incorrect? Thanks to all the guru's!
                            Hi tom99sg. Aramid is spot on..I have little to add. My suggestion is

1) neutralise / or center all your trims and recalibrate your transmitter using naza assistant

2) goto 'tool' at the top menu....and click on calibrate IMU...Naza will tell you if you system requires recalibration.

Hope this works.

Comment

Hi tom99sg. Aramid is spot on..I have little to add. My suggestion is

1) neutralise / or center all your trims and recalibrate your transmitter using naza assistant

2) goto 'tool' at the top menu....and click on calibrate IMU...Naza will tell you if you system requires recalibration.

Hope this works.
                              Cool boroza! Thanks for the add on. Will definitely try out!
                              Thanks for all the unselfishness sharing of info from you all here..u guys are great!

Comment

Cool boroza! Thanks for the add on. Will definitely try out!
                                Thanks for all the unselfishness sharing of info from you all here..u guys are great!
                                Sorry bozora, i spelt your name wrongly..

Comment

Working...
                                X