Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wish
    Hi Astroboy,

Have you take the ground clearance into consideration? Seems to me the prop is too big and might hit the water/ground while it is spinning?
    My drawings only show tentative gearbox power setup only, whatever motor you choose to use, you have to offset the motor higher to clear the ground, i'm using GWS8x6 orange prop now, so motor will sit higher from the main body. Will update with pics in a couple of days time.

Comment

Respect you man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wish

Respect you man!!!
        Bro, don't say that, that's exactly what this DaddyHobby forum is about, sharing info. with everyone
        I'm so fascinated with this design myself, will come out with more designs later on of course must be proven ones lah Cheers!

Comment

Thanks John for the links above, so many others had done it already!

I just finished sanding down the whole boat, er.. hydro-plane.

If you're wondering why there still isn't any CF plate on the front sponson, reason is, i cannot find a CF plate that is curved!!! Got to sort this one out later Any suggestions are welcomed

Last edited by AstroBoy; 24-06-2005, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Tp begin making rod links, position the elevons level and tape it down at the side.

Comment

I use Du-Bro Micro EZ links (from NTC) exclusively and 1mm dia. stainless steel rods (from Jethobby, cheap and good )

The "V" bend as shown is for fine adjustment of the four elevons.

Comment

Rod links done for the four elevons.

Looks Wicked don't you think

Comment

I have to bend the top a little bit, if i don't the elevons can't go up much, after doing this, the elevons can swing up very high angle Mmmm...Harrier maneuvres would be fun

There's one important think i forgot to mention, please use CA to smear on all the ply horns and connectors before gluing them onto the foam elevons, it will really strengthen the ply horns and connectors.

Last edited by AstroBoy; 24-06-2005, 05:24 PM.

Comment

can I make a suggestion for the protection of the front pontoons ..what about marking out the shape of the curve of the front pontoon and then curing some thing plastic like the credit card material ..heat it to make to conform to the shape lat ti cool and then epoxy it on? will that work

I have an American express Platinum card that you can use ( sample card only )

cheers Doug

Comment

Thanks Doug for the idea, I was thinking about those nylon chopping board material, only if i can find them in strip form like 1~2mm thick that would be great, they feel like Teflon and slides on the kitchen table top pretty smoothly, Sh! my wife didn't see me scouring the kitchen looking for stuff!

Comment

I just watched the video about this hydro-plane and was wondering if its available to be purchased? If so can anyone give me a link to where i can purchase this from? Thanks

Comment

Astro Hydro Foam - Skids

Hi,
                          Have watched your great Innovative Progress in the Forum,
                          On the point of Skid, my suggestion is to design a deflon type wheels, like the concept of roller blades, so that it can take the rough surface traffic, as for drags in Water, one should not be too concern and beauty of it is that once it takes off from the water, it is self drying through flight. (hopefully no rust to bearings etc).
                          Good luck and Congratulations once again for Posting your progress.

Happy Launching Ahead.
                          Vifo

Comment

Originally posted by Jye
                            I just watched the video about this hydro-plane and was wondering if its available to be purchased? If so can anyone give me a link to where i can purchase this from? Thanks
                            They decided not to sell plans, although they originally said they would, i would have bought plans from them gladly, and no kits are available from them yet, so you have to wait patiently like the rest of the folks in US, but chances are very slim as the demand for this in US is phenominal to say the least! I think the contract manufacturer is really struggling to bump up the productions

You can click on the 2nd link on post #1, that's the original thread started by Michael Connally and Ernest Butler, i think it's part 2 thread by now. I got tired reading their thread because they don't really answer much, lots of others were talking and debating about the rights and wrongs of copying their design, "knock-offs" and "clones", i really think it would take at least 1/2 a year before you can get your hands on one, by that time the novelty/excitement of this craft would have diminished, that's why i rather build my one, never mind if it doesn't fly, at least i got myself a Hydro-Foil boat

Comment

Originally posted by Vifo
                              On the point of Skid, my suggestion is to design a deflon type wheels, like the concept of roller blades, so that it can take the rough surface traffic, as for drags in Water, one should not be too concern and beauty of it is that once it takes off from the water, it is self drying through flight. (hopefully no rust to bearings etc).
                              Thanks Vifo, i did considered putting those very thin wheels for GWS electric planes, but if fly, can see below have wheels, eeee, looks funny, i may not want to skid around tarmac, but grass would be good, minimum wear and more cushion during landings, i'm thinking of those clear acrylic sheets, they are bendable at a certain thickness like 2mm or so. Can anyone advise where to find this clear acrylic material, i don't mind scouring some trash bins from some industrial estate bins Any leads guys? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X