Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astro-Hydro Foam Build Project

Hi all,
    I just want to reveal my project since i started last week, saw this on rcgroups, man! how to resist building one after seeing that video?!!!
    First of all credits to the original designers Michael Connally and Ernest Butler for their brilliant creativity for coming up with this craft!
    Followed that thread for a couple of days, in the end the original designers of this Hydro-Plane decided not to sell plans! I was wanting to buy his plans to build, but he decided to make kits in the future, with no clear date when it would be available, alamak! How? What to do? Cannot wait lah! Draw my own lah! But by the time i finished drawing mine, someone called PROP-ER already drew and posted on rcgroups, like me, he also couldn't wait anymore, since the original designers posted his creation on a public forum, anybody can draw one up and give out the plans for free, no liability or infringement whatsoever.
    I have to state that my drawings on this craft is still untested so i do not make any claims in this thread that it's flyable , C.G.-wise and such. But I'm determined to find the sweet-spot for this craft, it's so unique! Land,Sea and Air! What more can anyone ask for in a r/c craft! All-In-One!

Here's the video which Brandon Chng posted yesterday in Off-Topic discussion (Thanks Brandon!)

Here are the threads in the RC Groups foamies discussions (Thanks Johnson!)

And the free plan version by PROP-ER (clone version)

And here's my version, erm... Singapore Version I called it Astro-Hydro

The Astro-Hydro plans are FREE, so please, build this craft together with me, it would be FUN! but if you're not comfortable with mine, by all means use PROP-ER's plans on rcgroups. The fun is in the experimenting Cheers!

***P.S. Please download updated sponson profile***
    This new profile will fit much better than earlier one on the main drawing.

Last edited by AstroBoy; 23-06-2005, 10:53 AM.

These 3 PDF drawing files attached are the Non-TILED versions of the above 3 Revised plans.

Last edited by AstroBoy; 21-06-2005, 10:13 PM.

Comment

All up weight looks good! I'll be experimenting with the Himark BL, i will try with 7X3 or something in that region, what was required was a 2:1 power to weight ratio, hope i can make it

Last edited by AstroBoy; 21-06-2005, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Wah..very fast very fast......looks like this sunday can maiden liao?...

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
        (

Comment

Hi steven, may i noe wad thickness depron tht is? 3mm or 6mm? If so, from Art friends?

Thanx!
          SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Where can you maiden this? East Coast Parkway Pond?

Hats Off
            JCho

Comment

he can maiden it on the road next to his house ;p
              TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
              Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
              Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
              Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

Originally posted by lu wei yao
                Hi steven, may i noe wad thickness depron tht is? 3mm or 6mm? If so, from Art friends?

Thanx!
                Wei Yao: 5mm thick, yes, from Artfriend!

Jason: can maiden anywhere, not just the pond

Thanks stuka, you building nitro version?

Comment

WAH! DAMN FAST MAN! eh must video when you maiden ok? maybe you could make a small fortune producing these also...
                  JR 9x
                  Raptor 50 SE
                  Raptor 90 3D
                  Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                  Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                  Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                    Robotis Bioloid
                    Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
                      WAH! DAMN FAST MAN! eh must video when you maiden ok? maybe you could make a small fortune producing these also...

Brandon, cannot sell this to make money lah, it would be an infringement to the original designers, so it's FREE plan downloads, just enjoy making it, if it flies, give yourself a pat on your back, if it deosn't fly, at least you got yourself a hydro-plane boat! Either way, it's win-win!

MIKE (HZM) , thank you very much for creating a NEW category for this type of r/c craft discussion

Come on everybody, let's start to cut some foam!
                      Last edited by AstroBoy; 22-06-2005, 11:27 AM.

Comment

astro..was just wondering...how would you solve the problem when you need a large prop to produce a large slip stream for the ground effect, and yet it keep it small enough with enough ground clearence so that it doesn't hit the ground when in over-land mode?
                        JR 9x
                        Raptor 50 SE
                        Raptor 90 3D
                        Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21

Comment

Hi Brandon,

My drawing has a 8" clearance for the prop, ideally this setup required only a 7" or so prop, if need be to use a standard GWS stick-mount, it can still swing an 8" prop, already thought about that during the drawing/designing phase, i've read all the pages over there, Ernest Butler (UAV) mentioned the setup is to give it a high-voltage (3-cell lipo) and low prop dia. kind of setup, they are vague with the power setup, what to do... they don't want others to know nevermind, as long as i can make one that can produce 2:1 power:weight ratio it should rock! as my estimated AUW is about 250g, i think the Himark BL can pull it off, i'll do a motor test next week, tomorrow holiday in Malacca with family, so i won't be back till sunday night, cheers!
                          Last edited by AstroBoy; 21-06-2005, 09:38 AM.

Comment

gd luck for the trip...anyway wat do ya use to stick the foam with?? is CA glue same as epoxy??

Comment

noooo! never use CA on depron or any plastic for that matter. CA melts the plastic, of which foam is among the fastest to melt...
                              JR 9x
                              Raptor 50 SE
                              Raptor 90 3D
                              Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21

Comment

Working...
                              X