Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
    noooo! never use CA on depron or any plastic for that matter. CA melts the plastic, of which foam is among the fastest to melt...

no..its a seprate question...

1) is CA same as epoxy??
    2)what do u use to stick the foam...?

Comment

Ofna, CA is same as SuperGlue, can faint if inhaled (abt. $8.50/bottle from any hobby shop, or can buy from Mechplas, i call it Rajoo CA! Super Strong and cheaper than hobby shop! A lot of people will swear by it, me included!)
      CA cannot use on foam, it will melt

I do my foam gluing with UHU POR glue from Artfriend (abt. $4.20)

Comment

Originally posted by AstroBoy
        Ofna, CA is same as SuperGlue, can faint if inhaled (abt. $8.50/bottle from any hobby shop, or can buy from Mechplas, i call it Rajoo CA! Super Strong and cheaper than hobby shop! A lot of people will swear by it, me included!)
        CA cannot use on foam, it will melt

I do my foam gluing with UHU POR glue from Artfriend (abt. $4.20)

wow..they have this UHU POR glue...didnt noe dat...i only noe UHU glue, yellow tubing...err...mayb that was years back...Thnaks for the picture!

Comment

hi AstroBoy can i know what are u using 2 cut the depron?me also i 2 make 1 leh but not good at making plane, i built 1 b4 (3D PLane) but not nicelah so sad

Comment

Originally posted by vinsyw1
            hi AstroBoy can i know what are u using 2 cut the depron?
            Ruler and Pen Knife...nothing special lah and 99% is skill
            JCho

Comment

Jcho can i use the hot wire 2 cut it or not does the hot wire work at depron

Comment

Astroboy, you really "Tok Kong" Keep it up! Dont forget me when u maiden hor

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Jcho can i use the hot wire 2 cut it or not does the hot wire work at depron
                  Invest on a glass top table for cutting,steel ruler and a expensive pen knife from "Art Friend" (Art Friend = Art Shop; not Art Friend = Jcho,Jephrey,HZM,Kang,Goh,YC,Astroboy)

Yes you can use a hot wire provided you can cut it real Straight....
                  JCho

Comment

thank Jcho will try it out many thank 2 u all

Comment

thank Jcho will try it out many thank 2 u all
                      Hi all i'm back from Malacca.

Seriously vinsyw1, just as what Jcho said, a glass top on your worktable, a 200mm long steel ruler, a 1000mm steel ruler, a simple penkife and lots of spare blades, and of course a pair of steady hands and lots of imagination really I think most folks can do it, all my foam projects involves just the above few simple tools, there's no profile wing shapes to make, except when making thick canopies like the cozy for those of course a hot wire-cutter would make the job painlessly quick

So besides vinsyw1 trying this, who else making this? It would be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                        Astroboy, you really "Tok Kong" Keep it up! Dont forget me when u maiden hor

Cheers

Mike
                        Sure Mike, you will be the first one i'll call

Comment

thank AstroBoy 4 ur advice but way can i find the shop 2 print the plan in full big size or how u all print the plan? are u all print it at the A4 paper n after u all glue it pcs by pcs? so rry guy i really not good at making plane hope u all don't mind i asking this stupid question

Comment

thank AstroBoy 4 ur advice but way can i find the shop 2 print the plan in full big size or how u all print the plan? are u all print it at the A4 paper n after u all glue it pcs by pcs? so rry guy i really not good at making plane hope u all don't mind i asking this stupid question
                            Yup, you print "TILED" version drawing in A4 then tape them together to form one big drawing.

Comment

I've cut out the horns and connectors and spray-glued them onto 1/32" thick birch plywood. Just use scissors to cut out the strips.

Comment

I'm sure some folks may not understand what are connectors, this picture should explain, they are used for connecting between 2 moving surfaces, just like in a bi-plane with top and bottom ailerons. Time taken to do this....about 20 minutes total It's not time-consuming Please use foam glue when installing these connectors, they are not just finger-fitted as seen on picture, there is really some UHU POR glue inside the connectors

Comment

Working...
                                X