X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth waiting for

Guys...

The Quad still alive if you wonder why no news so far... Sorry that I am the only one now enjoying the flying while waiting,,,,,

Good news and not so good news.......

Lets enjoy the good news 1st:
    - Part is coming in one by one.....
    - We decided to make those who already ordered will continue to have the price of less than $500. but new order (as we did have order in more part that can build more units) be higher due to material cost is higher than we initially expected.
    - The actual final model will have longer Arm. current check shows 20%+ larger

So net good news is you will be getting a better price...

Not so good news...
    - The power distribution board have some delay as the vendor also missed the timeline!
    - Net is we expect delivery to be around mid Sept to 3rd week of Sepmtember.

Again...For those who already ordered, I will extend the help to provide you with 1 free Upgrade of firmware...

Cheers!

Stay on... we will be there... I am very lonely flying alone....

Comment

Updates

Name List :

1) Roy (roypwee)
      2) Azwan (Mazcarbon)
      3) Kelvin
      4) Mr Tan
      5) John
      6) Henry
      7) Uncle Choo's friend
      8) HT Kwang
      9) -Sky
      10) -Sky

Guys... the price of under $500 will only goes to the above ten.. We do ordered more parts to do up more unit but unable to keep the price below $500 as some of the components are just costly.

I will have more picture coming tomorrow as most parts are just in that I can take the pictures.

For others that keen to join the Quad club, please register your interst and I will make the arrangement.

Cheers! and see you soon with this lovely Quad...

BTW, today I tested the Quad with additional stabilisation system, it worked! I purposely push the stick forward and release my finger, the Quad did fly as forward usual and self level back. Nice item to add for extra insurance, this is not really needed but extra insurance that comes in handy if you need.

Comment

Final Product preview

Guys...

Good news, this is the final product preview. we have the actual power board now and fixed up a unit as picture.

Nothing goes wrong, we all will start the joy around mid to 3rd week of September.

The actual model is much larger than the prototype. Did a test drive and it is stable and can do those flip as well! if you dare to..

My video with test of using the optional stabilisation is uploading to youtube now and will post the link once it is done.

Picture showing the actual model and the power board which also comes with a switch to turn on the 12V source for LED. (LED is option!)

one step closer.....

Comment

While waiting I got myself a Gaui S 330x 2 weeks ago.

Can't wait for the production unit to be out!!!

Then my son can inherit the Gaui 330X.

Comment

Originally posted by roypwee View Post
            While waiting I got myself a Gaui S 330x 2 weeks ago.

Can't wait for the production unit to be out!!!

Then my son can inherit the Gaui 330X.
            Great!! You will love this over the one you have now.. hehe..

ok.. here is the video showing the auto level by adding another stabiliser.

Testing of self level of Quad with FY20AThis is the Quad using KK controller

the video shows we try to push the stick forward and let go. it will do the self level. the same goes to roll stick push which we tried both left and right.

All attempt are seeing the Quad back to level and what we only need to control is the throttle stick for the height.

Have fun...

Comment

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
              200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
              2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
              Tel : +65 6293 3968
              Official You Tube Channel
              FACEBOOK :

Comment

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
                FACEBOOK :

Comment

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                  FACEBOOK :

Comment

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                    FACEBOOK :

Comment

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                      FACEBOOK :

Comment

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                        FACEBOOK :

Comment

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                          FACEBOOK :

Comment

Nice pictures Derrick!

Testing a small change by having the motor wires runs inside the tube and place the ESC within the centre hub.

Looks cleaner and will see how it goes.

Now final items is the motor that should be arriving next week! Now the engineer going on overseas work. Hope when he is back by end of the week and also the motor arrived ontime. Then will all will be rock and roll!

Get ready QUAD team!!!

Cheers!

Comment

That's great news. Looking at the pics above makes me droolzz. Release dates is perfect for me. Just after my Hari Raya. 

Comment

Congratulations to the design and production team.

Here is the link to the photos of the flight on Sunday 29th August 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X