X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Jackie...

Your 1st Quad flying......

Congratulation on your daring to do the roll.. sorry that not captured on Video.

who is next???

Tomorrow if all goes well, will do Video download flight...

Comment

OK... looks like so far the test was all good and we have the followings as current conclusions:
      - Ease of setup, support simple 4ch radio, just need Ail, Ele, Rud and Throttle for + configuration with no mixing needed from Radio
      - Good flight time for standard normal or hover fun - 10mins based on last few test consumed 1400mah to 1500mah
      - crash "tested" and so far with a little bent on the arm, one broken prop with a motor shaft bent. BUT, after changing the prop (now 2 using 3 blade, 2 using 2 blade), it still as stable as it is (with a bent shaft!). This proven to me to be a very cheap or low cost Heli learning machine!
      - Loop and Roll capable
      - few Airplane flyer tried it and did not crash it yet! Just need to get use to Rudder usage as most Airplane flyer lacks.
      - Done a test to simulate with a 5000mah 3S pack weight at 400g and it still fly with authority. This is almost ceratin that the same setup can do FPV if needed. Just need to reduce the gyro gain by turning the preset from the control board.

With the above, I am going to get the guy to make more board to we all can enjoy it.

Anyone keen to join me to start the Quad fun? This is to pull the group to make it cost effective and target to be below $500 for a Receiver/Lipo ready. so it will be plug and play.

I do have some guys want it so if you also keen, can either PM me or indicate here so I can consolidate to make it happen.

and if you want to try it, just let me know as my current set is open to test flight...

lets the fun begin.....and I am sharing it....and someone will make it happen for us as part of his fun...

DT

Comment

OK.. just to keep the Quad team updated...

We have 5 confirm now.. shooting for 10 ...

And just to keep the Quad team excited... I will be testing an add on to make it self level soon,,,, waiting for the parts to arrived.. (that will be extra $ lah for sure) But i am sure will be fun and takes the worried totally out of our mind and good for FPV!

Anyone want to join the Quad team and adding to the list???!

like I said.. come to me and try the prototype...

Comment

is Punggol Field walk still active? you guy still welcome me to bring this fun over??

Too long since my last visits there for the C160 air refueling fun

Comment

Bro,

For myself and for the benefit of those interested...

Can you list the full specs and equipment involved?
            Does it include ESC, motor, frame, etc?

What's the payload it can carry?

When you say the board can control tri/quad/hexa, how is this done, just add esc to it?

Comment

Originally posted by etman View Post
              Bro,

For myself and for the benefit of those interested...

Can you list the full specs and equipment involved?
              Does it include ESC, motor, frame, etc?

What's the payload it can carry?

When you say the board can control tri/quad/hexa, how is this done, just add esc to it?
              Hi etman, good call... Let me list out the current real life prototype spec and the expected items within the less than $500 Receiver ready ARF:

The current flying spec:
              - 4 x 950kv motor
              - 4 x 9x5 3 blade prop (2 CW, 2 CCW)
              - 4 x ESC (current test with 25A which is overkill, 12A to 18A should be ok)
              - Aluminium T frame for Quad and foam leg, 19.3" from left to right
              - MultiTotor Controller board
              - Programming port for future software upgrade
              - I added the LED strip from HK which anyone can DIY with any lights they like
              - Weith with Futaba 7ch 2.4RX is 600g
              - flying weith with Rhini 2150 3S pack is 780g
              - Tested with flying with 5000mah 3S pack that weight in at 400g and still fly with full authority. Just need to tune down the gain a little to reduce some oscilation
              - Tested with video ready for FPV at flying weitgh of 920g - HK CCD Cam, Video TX and 1100mah 3S lipo and some wires. No noticeable drop in flying control
              - from all the test, I am suggesting for easy control, payload is around 300g
              - with a little chnage in gain, should be ok to do 500g payload.
              - if you are not flying it wild, just gentle forward and hover, certainy it can carry bigger payload
              - normal flying time expected to be 10mins will consumed about 1500mah average
              - Wild flying, suggest to be 6 to 8min for a 2100mah pack
              - current power is like 4 to 1 ratio !! push the Throttle stick, it shoot up like rocket!

For the actual "production" model:
              - 4 x 950kv motor
              - 4 x ESC (12A range)
              - Aluminium T frame for Quad, will extend a little longer
              - The holding plate will have all the holes ready for Tri, Quad, Hex
              - Holding plate also will have connection port ready for your DIY LEDs
              - Holding plate will also have connection port for easy connection to ESC so you can do ARM change at filed w/o soldering work
              - MultiTotor Controller board, support Tri, Quad and Hex. Just need to program controller. Will advise the best way to do this when the time come.
              - Programming port for future software upgrade (may be only for the initial batch, to be advise)

To do Tri or Hex, you just need to DIY your own arm, add the needed ESC and motor and program the micro controller. We will advise the best way to enable the program soon.

For onboard video, I am current uploading to youtube, will post the link as soon as it is ready. Was "hang" last night!

Comment

Here is the Video link with HK CCD Cam and 1.5G video TX recorded at ground with HDD recording.

Comment

Any more keen to join the Quad team??

Comment

So when can we start the build????

Comment

Originally posted by roypwee View Post
                      So when can we start the build????
                      Haha.... Akan datang.... real soon...

Comment

Me itching to get a Gaui 330....

Comment

Originally posted by DT8666 View Post
                          Hi etman, good call... Let me list out the current real life prototype spec and the expected items within the less than $500 Receiver ready ARF:

The current flying spec:
                          - 4 x 950kv motor
                          - 4 x ESC (current test with 25A which is overkill, 12A to 18A should be ok)
                          - Aluminium T frame for Quad and foam leg, 19.3" from left to right
                          - MultiTotor Controller board
                          - Programming port for future software upgrade
                          - I added the LED strip from HK which anyone can DIY with any lights they like
                          - Weith with Futaba 7ch 2.4RX is 600g
                          - flying weith with Rhini 2150 3S pack is 780g
                          - Tested with flying with 5000mah 3S pack that weight in at 400g and still fly with full authority. Just need to tune down the gain a little to reduce some oscilation
                          - Tested with video ready for FPV at flying weitgh of 920g - HK CCD Cam, Video TX and 1100mah 3S lipo and some wires. No noticeable drop in flying control
                          - from all the test, I am suggesting for easy control, payload is around 300g
                          - with a little chnage in gain, should be ok to do 500g payload.
                          - if you are not flying it wild, just gentle forward and hover, certainy it can carry bigger payload
                          - normal flying time expected to be 10mins will consumed about 1500mah average
                          - Wild flying, suggest to be 6 to 8min for a 2100mah pack
                          - current power is like 4 to 1 ratio !! push the Throttle stick, it shoot up like rocket!

For the actual "production" model:
                          - 4 x 950kv motor
                          - 4 x ESC (12A range)
                          - Aluminium T frame for Quad, will extend a little longer
                          - The holding plate will have all the holes ready for Tri, Quad, Hex
                          - Holding plate also will have connection port ready for your DIY LEDs
                          - Holding plate will also have connection port for easy connection to ESC so you can do ARM change at filed w/o soldering work
                          - MultiTotor Controller board, support Tri, Quad and Hex. Just need to program controller. Will advise the best way to do this when the time come.
                          - Programming port for future software upgrade (may be only for the initial batch, to be advise)

To do Tri or Hex, you just need to DIY your own arm, add the needed ESC and motor and program the micro controller. We will advise the best way to enable the program soon.

For onboard video, I am current uploading to youtube, will post the link as soon as it is ready. Was "hang" last night!
                          Thanks for replying. Very clear.

I have my own ESC/motor/prop/receiver
                          What's the price you will charge for the rest?

Comment

Me itching to get a Gaui 330....
                            Worth the wait... I had one guy who currently flies Gaui already jump ship to this after seeing it flies like a pro! haha

Comment

Maybe you PM me ETA.

So I can ease my itch...

Originally posted by DT8666 View Post
                              Worth the wait... I had one guy who currently flies Gaui already jump ship to this after seeing it flies like a pro! haha

Comment

Maybe you PM me ETA.

So I can ease my itch...
                                sure... target starting mid Aug! I am pushing for it,,, hehe...

Comment

Working...
                                X