Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important - Servos must be Metal Gears

I just learn this, it is stated in the manual.
    On Rave "DO NOT" use plastic gear on cyclics, in extreme 3D move you are likiely to strip the gears.

Use only metal gear servos on cyclic for Rave.

Jonathan

Comment

Rave#2

Almost ready

Comment

Hey guys,

just want to give my cents about the size of heli. A friend of ours in Punggol started flying heli and he bought honeybee to "get used" to heli feel first while actually also doing his research on the big one to go for. He went for a 50 size raptor electric and this is his progress for a completely new heli flyer with very short exp in honeybee.

1st week:
        hover, some forward flight, some side in hover

2nd week:
        nose in hover, some backward flight, stall turn, piro left and right controlled (learning)

3rd week:
        Forward flip, backward flip, side flips left right, inverted nose in and tail in. Piro controlled

4th week:
        More flips nose in start etc, piro controlled starting to look like a funnel piro.

I am absolutely convinced going big has its advantages for sure.
        Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

no lah

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
          Hey guys,

just want to give my cents about the size of heli. A friend of ours in Punggol started flying heli and he bought honeybee to "get used" to heli feel first while actually also doing his research on the big one to go for. He went for a 50 size raptor electric and this is his progress for a completely new heli flyer with very short exp in honeybee.

1st week:
          hover, some forward flight, some side in hover

2nd week:
          nose in hover, some backward flight, stall turn, piro left and right controlled (learning)

3rd week:
          Forward flip, backward flip, side flips left right, inverted nose in and tail in. Piro controlled

4th week:
          More flips nose in start etc, piro controlled starting to look like a funnel piro.

I am absolutely convinced going big has its advantages for sure.

No Lah.... This level of progress is not just because of moving from honey bee ( not muh of a good heli anyway ) to raptor, it is definately the ability of your friend and I bet he also spend a lot of times on SIM.

Nut one thing for sure , he is good.His one of the half week is my 5+ years

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post
            No Lah.... This level of progress is not just because of moving from honey bee ( not muh of a good heli anyway ) to raptor, it is definately the ability of your friend and I bet he also spend a lot of times on SIM.

Nut one thing for sure , he is good.His one of the half week is my 5+ years

Jonathan

Forget about the HB, I mentioned it because I dun want to give the impression he fly the raptor first for a heli. My point is that I truly believe he sort of bought it right the first time round wisely choosing a size that benefitted him most. I very much doubt he will progress this fast with a 450. He is good no doubt, but size plays a role too, a big one.

He did his research and worked within his requirement (electric). I haven't known anyone who jumped to a 50 size electric for a first real heli except him. There is a reason, and that is size.

Now that I mentioned that he did his research first before buying, can I just say also that it is not a simple case of just playing sim, everyone does that if he can or have access to sim. He did it like he is doing a study degree. Piro not only left but right too, flip not only forward but back too. Ask him about piro flip and he will tell you not yet, he needs to conquer piro control upright and inverted. Now everyone takes shortcuts, it is just how much of a shortcut you take that gets you into trouble. So end of the day, it is about choosing something that gives you the best chance mechanically and adopting a attitude that work best. Big Heli and study attitude vs Small heli and taking shortcuts for example, which do you think will go further faster?

And keke HDB will know best what I am talking about. He flies 450, 500, 600 for a long time now and he crashed most with 450. 600 and 500 is almost none. He did the same stuff with them and I always offered this reason to him lol. Small heli gives you false assurance, you may feel braver and some people even think it is safer. 50 size and bigger may scare you more, make you more nerve wreck, all for a good reason, this I think is helping us understand our limits.
            Last edited by edmond22; 28-02-2009, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Nothing against Rave heli. I have never flown it and sure it may fly like a bigger heli but I followed some threads on Runryder on people's claim that it flies like a 50... To be real honest with you, that made me laugh.

I mean sure, there are planes like AJ330 that flies like a bigger plane for me too like I always tell others, well behaved and all but I am not going to even try and market it as a 30% packed into a 50 inch wingspan package pitch or recommend them as a 30% alternative.

I am not against owners; opinion but come on, 25- 35 mph wind and the Rave laughed at it? That's typical American BS. Ever slope in Bedok during monsoon period? 10 knots of wind only, even people flying 50 size like RJX, Vibe, Raptor, Trex lamented that they should have gotten a glider to fly instead, none of them said their heli laughed at the wind.

Comment

Small heli challenge strong wind but with 6's battery

今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
                不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
                长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
                Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
                If you take care of your heli, your heli will take care of your pocket.
                Be gentle with your heli so that your heli will be gentle with your pocket.
                Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
                Outrage Fusion 50 (FBL)12's
                Outrage 550 (FB)6's
                Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
                Compass Model Warp 360 (FBL)6's
                Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

cool

edmond22,
                  I am cool when you finally use terms like nothing against Rave or the owner. Because for a moment I am wondering why are you posting these comments on this Build Thread. Everyone can have their opinion and certainly you can post any here.
                  Sure I claim it fly like bigger and I can say that because I have flown 250 size to 90 size helis and many brands. By the way I never ask all flyers to stop buying bigger heli and just buy Rave. I am pointing out that Rave is a great heli and it does fly like bigger helis and it does handle the wind better. All True, but I guess you wouldn't know because you don't own one....I do own TWO.

Now back on making this a BUILD Thread.

Jonathan

Comment

LOL, its really a challenge. Its ballooning and dipping badly. But can see the pilot trying his best to have collective management for a smooth flight.

Pls stop posting all the Outrage550 vid all over the thread! It is very poisonous

Comment

thanks for the understanding!

edmond22,
                      I am cool when you finally use terms like nothing against Rave or the owner. Because for a moment I am wondering why are you posting these comments on this Build Thread. Everyone can have their opinion and certainly you can post any here.
                      Sure I claim it fly like bigger and I can say that because I have flown 250 size to 90 size helis and many brands. By the way I never ask all flyers to stop buying bigger heli and just buy Rave. I am pointing out that Rave is a great heli and it does fly like bigger helis and it does handle the wind better. All True, but I guess you wouldn't know because you don't own one....I do own TWO.

Now back on making this a BUILD Thread.

Jonathan
                      Sorry Jon, I know this is the Rave build thread. I am just trying to say the day hasn't arrived yet for Valentino Rossi to say he doesn't feel a difference racing a 125 or 500 cc bike down the track, thanks for the understanding!

Comment

no problem

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                        Sorry Jon, I know this is the Rave build thread. I am just trying to say the day hasn't arrived yet for Valentino Rossi to say he doesn't feel a difference racing a 125 or 500 cc bike down the track, thanks for the understanding!
                        No problem...we can always keep the dream going.
                        I am still dreaming.

JOnathan

Comment

Was at Bishan this morning and witness jyheli Rave in action.. Must admit this 450 sizer can really kick some serious bud.. Maybe because of it's longer boom which allows the use of longer 350mm main blades?? spinning at 3200rpm

Comment

yes

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
                            Was at Bishan this morning and witness jyheli Rave in action.. Must admit this 450 sizer can really kick some serious bud.. Maybe because of it's longer boom which allows the use of longer 350mm main blades?? spinning at 3200rpm
                            Yes the design stock able to take 350mm blade. My 2nd flights was using 14t pinion spinning about 3200rpm while all other 3 flights are at about 3000rpm with 13T. All estimate as Probaze could not tac it as it is beyond what his tac can measure.

Jonathan

Comment

Yes the design stock able to take 350mm blade. My 2nd flights was using 14t pinion spinning about 3200rpm while all other 3 flights are at about 3000rpm with 13T. All estimate as Probaze could not tac it as it is beyond what his tac can measure.

Jonathan
                              bro, I'm thinking getting this heli as well. Where can I get it at the best price?

Comment

about the same

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                                bro, I'm thinking getting this heli as well. Where can I get it at the best price?
                                Price in the 4-5 heli online sites and 1 in Australia is about the same. Only thing is the shipping cost and time. Readyheli,Espritmodel, rchover and others in US shipping cost for me is express and take 10-12days whereas Austrlaia rcbits shipping is A$12 (select large items) but take 5-6 days, time is more of our SIngpost takeing 3days to process after it arrive in SIngapore.

One LHS is looking at this but last check vendor have not make it available in Asia. I did see cyberheli listed as pre-order, not sure if they have it.

Hope that help...you will enjoy it.
                                Hopefully I don;t get ban for saying the site names, anyway LHS not carry this yet.

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                                X