Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im using radix600SB..not running gov
    another prob i have is tt on normal mode my throttle curve is abt 40+% on mid stick then on idle up my midstick is abt 75%...and i only get abt 100rpm diff.....i still cant figure out y
    damn it
    noob

Comment

Originally posted by GTR35 View Post
      low needle is abt 1 turn out from fluch high needle is abt 2and 3/4 turn 20% fuel used. smoke is preety thick engine is on the lean pitch
      1 turn out from flush, is that too much? Smoke is pretty thick and engine on the lean pitch...hmmmm

another prob i have is tt on normal mode my throttle curve is abt 40+% on mid stick then on idle up my midstick is abt 75%...and i only get abt 100rpm diff.....i still cant figure out y
      damn it
      Did you set your throttle linkage correctly?

Well, I think the best option is to bring it down to FF and have someone experience to troubleshoot your problems.
      [SIZE=1][B]Back to hovering!!![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

damn it
        the only thing i can think of if this is the genuine data is that your pitch curve is loading up the motor to the extent where it bogs or at least struggles for breath

My gues is you;ve played with the throttle and pitch curves so much while struggling to get the motor running right you now arn;t sure whats going on.
        Esily done with some many settings available.

Best thing i can think of is to use a spare mem on the TX. Copy everything over and go back to basic settings and try again. If no luck then you still have the mem of where you are now right ! nothing lost

Good luck

Comment

or.. Your engine have lost compression.. Ring and or piston kaput.. can happen even to few gallon old engine..

Comment

ok thanks for u guys advice
            will try to figure out this weekend
            noob

Comment

ok thanks for u guys advice
              will try to figure out this weekend
              Bro from the sound of it, something is wrong. Your needle settings doesn't look unreasonable but yet it sounded lean but have thick smoke. If your compression is gone, you will need very high idle setting to keep the engine running, is that the case? Or is it able to run very comfortably at low idle.

Can you take a picture of your engine and man tank? See how the tubing is being ran. Also take the one from the exhaust side. The tubing from there is important, any leak will result in lean run from the main tank not getting enough pressure. Ever tried changing the whole tubing system for a new one, reset the needle to factory 3 turns and low flush horizontal and restart the whole tuning process?
              Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

I think i will reset to factory setting and restart the tunning process again.
                But does anybody know why izzit tt theres a huge difference in my throttle curve between normal and idle up...but i only get less then a 100rpm difference???
                noob

Comment

Already answered that!
                  If your pitch curve ( in idle up) loads up the head more then you'll need more throttle to compensate.
                  In other words your pitch curve is preventing the engine form reving to the the stick input level.

This will be even worse if the engine is worn or has a problem!! as Tucfaz pointed out.

Most places recommend ( as a starting point) to keep either your throttle curve or you pitch curve straight / linear for initial set up and + 100 , 50, +100 for idle up throttle.
                  So if this is your throttle curve then tune your pitch curve to match
                  All presuming the engines fine

You might want to read http://www.raptortechnique.com/configs.htm

Some great info there

Good luck

Comment

Ok OK
                    thanks for ur advice...
                    anway jus to let u know my pitch is the same for both idle up and normal
                    noob

Comment

Dude.. I think your engine is about right. Hence, leave it alone. I think what you need to do now is create a new model in your TX and start a new model setup and see if you get better throttle respond.

If after this you still have the same problem.. check for lose screws on the engine head. if all in order. Then I guess you'll need to strip your engine apart and check your bearing, piston and piston ring..

You have the exact same problem as one of my friend.. When he does tictoc. his raptor bog like crazy. but another pilot tested it doing tictoc. no bogging. but eventually detected lost of compression and when we strip his engine apart, his poston and ring kaput, and that's a few gallon old OS Hyper..

Comment

ok thanks.
                        noob

Comment

Anyone know anything about the "Third Needle" for the redline. It's said to be behind the throttle arm??

I am getting really bored of this engine so i could do with some suggestions on proper tuning. Fuel is wildcat 30% Align muffler. Align govenor.

Comment

Errr... One other thing..

Anyone have got those extra shim in their redline 53 package.. as I don't remember seeing it in mine which is a PI one

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
                              Anyone know anything about the "Third Needle" for the redline. It's said to be behind the throttle arm??

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=94551
                              Well as far as i know it functions as a "mid" mixture screw. As we know tunning for idle and top end is quite straight forward ( although tiresome) and that the idle screw is for idle to mid then the mixture is solely controlled by the main screw. Which means the transition ( from both jets) to just the high end can be trouble some. Added to which no 2 carbs are the same due to manufacturing tolerances. So a mid screw can let you tweak the transition ( can be very useful for heli guys as we tend to hover around the mid stick area).
                              It can also serve as an adjustment for air temp/humidity/altitude etc but again just fine tunning after the idle and main are set right.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
                                Errr... One other thing..

Anyone have got those extra shim in their redline 53 package.. as I don't remember seeing it in mine which is a PI one

I got it in mine and I used it with 30%, asked CKS and he is not running any with 30%. Both seems worked fine without and with shim added, no noticeable difference lol.
                                Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Working...
                                X