Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
    Bigfilsing. I have no wish or intention to start any arguement with you. Just want to point out a few things that I think you should rethink and re-read about.

1. VERY VERY IMPORTANT AND DANGEROUS ALWAYS start your engine with the BLADE ON. The very sole reason for this is to allow you to have something to grab on to in the event of a very hot start. Grabbing on to a pair of empty rotor grips in the event of a hot start is, TBH, not a very wise thing to do because it CAN CUT YOUR HAND. Hot start due to things like wrong stick position and reversed servo is a VERY common human error, can be eliminated, but still happens more than too often.

2. Livemeatz has a TT50, not a TT53. His carb is totally different from what is on the TT53. 1-2clicks don't make much difference on my TT50. YMMV. AND you adjust the both the idle and main needle for the TT50 to get the right hover mixture. Tried and proven by yours sincerely, just last week. Your method might apply for the TT53, I don't know, but it sure doesn't apply to the TT50.

3. Personally, I think tuning the engine to run just right during the mid of the tank will cause the mixture to go pretty lean toward the last 1/8-1/10 of the main tank. Not good in the long term because it doesn't take very long to overheat an engine, especially if you are really banging the stick around. Amount of leaning out from full-empty tank will depend on the engine/heli/tubing/muffler combination. Personally I found 3 ways to avoid/reduce this effect. 1. Regulated fuel system. 2. Have a fat hover mixture and use that last bit to practise lower headspeed flight. 3. Totally avoid that region, i.e. land and refuel.

Me argue....never

I agree with your points to a certain extent but i am quite happy starting with no blades and a firm grip on the head. Hot start .....not even sure what that is but if you do your preflight/start checks then surely you would notice if the throttle is open or closed!

I choose the half tank thing to get the best of full tank weak and empty tank ( more pressure build up in the fuel tank)
    People differ in their opinions and thats fine i was just explaining what works for me!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bigfilsing View Post
      Me argue....never

I agree with your points to a certain extent but i am quite happy starting with no blades and a firm grip on the head. Hot start .....not even sure what that is but if you do your preflight/start checks then surely you would notice if the throttle is open or closed!

I choose the half tank thing to get the best of full tank weak and empty tank ( more pressure build up in the fuel tank)
      People differ in their opinions and thats fine i was just explaining what works for me!

Cheers

Lol, surely you do know what hot start is, unless you are taking the blades out in anticipation of something else and not worry about the blades turning. I dun know, but I am sure everyone got reminded at least once in their life to turn on their headlights when they are driving.
      Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

which bit of "not even sure what that is" was unclear

Yeah the head lights thing. I am always amazed how many people i see with no lights on
        Surely when you look at the dash the fact it is dark is a giveaway.

Ah well ! everytime they make something foolproof somebody invents a better fool

Comment

Originally posted by bigfilsing View Post
          Yeah the head lights thing. I am always amazed how many people i see with no lights on
          Surely when you look at the dash the fact it is dark is a giveaway.

Ah well ! everytime they make something foolproof somebody invents a better fool
          haha ya, u r rite! Sometimes while driving at nite, I will see car coming from behind w/o any headlights on, so I give them the benefit of doubt that both headlights could be blown. Eventually when they drove past me, the tail lights was not even on!! How could those guys drive without looking at their speedometer! My god!

Comment

i sure like to see girls with their head lights on at all times....

Comment

Originally posted by zattan22 View Post
              i sure like to see girls with their head lights on at all times....
              Lol Zattan! Spotlights better!
              Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

engine tunning

Im also using redline53. im running at abt 1900rpm and the engine is already preety hot. And when i do stuff like tic toc the engine bogss until its as if its is going to die.
                Im thinking of leaning my low needle and richening my high needle.
                Any advice?
                thanx
                noob

Comment

For me, I tuned my high end first. Once I get ok headspeed and no overspeeding, i tune the low end till such that the transition from low to mid and above stick is smooth.
                  Previously when my low end was too rich, I get bogging very very badly when around mid stick. Sometimes when I push up abit more the engine dies.

Comment

so hws ur low and high needle setting like ?
                    thanks
                    noob

Comment

Modified low end needle..

I've managed to modify my low end needle of my TT50 to be more
                      "taper" towards the end. Will try to see if the engine runs well or not.
                      This idea was done by some forumers in RunRyder.
                      I hope its going to be okay.

As for the TT53, i'm not so sure about the needle setting.
                      But i'm sure there are a lot of fine tuning needed to make the
                      engine perform to our requirements. So far i haven't heard of any
                      needle mod on TT53. So i think bro, maybe some fine tuning will
                      do, no need mods...

Lets try and see how. I hope everything runs well.. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by GTR35 View Post
                        so hws ur low and high needle setting like ?
                        thanks
                        Seriously I don't know I adjust it once a while in different weather. Should be about 2½ turns.
                        For the low end, a good rich setting to start with would be to have the screw flushed with the engine, from there you can slowly lean out.

Comment

Ok thanks
                          i think i will flush my low needle and retune the engine again.
                          noob

Comment

Start with low needle flush.. and 3 turns on main.. But if you have problem starting your engine. Open the low needle by 10 minutes steps (Can crank while you open at the same time).. Don't close.. Once you've have it crank up (if needle properly open the engine should start with just one crank, but does not mean it's tuned for optimal) and when your throttle is responsive to your stick, then start your optimal tuning exercise..

BTW.. Before you go about tuning your engine. I think you should first make sure your throttle linkage gets' full travel.. Fully close.. to fully open.. This one cannot short cut one..

Comment

Yes bro.
                              My linkage all this set up properly liao.
                              1 crank sure can start.
                              jus tt when i tic toc engine bogg like xiao.....head speed is abt 1900rpm...engine is preety hot liao.
                              dont know why like tt leh
                              noob

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                                haha ya, u r rite! Sometimes while driving at nite, I will see car coming from behind w/o any headlights on, so I give them the benefit of doubt that both headlights could be blown. Eventually when they drove past me, the tail lights was not even on!! How could those guys drive without looking at their speedometer! My god!
                                Hahaha, luxury plays a part bro. In order to make the cabin looks pretty, the speedo was illuminated the moment you turn the ignition key. When you switched on the headlights, the speedo just got brighter (or dimmer in some case). Try it out on your dad's car bro, I'm sure it's the same.

With the speedo already illuminated and the well lighted roads at night, no wonder driver tends to forgot to switched on their headlights.
                                [SIZE=1][B]Back to hovering!!![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                                X