Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
    Aiyah, sorry wrong info for you. I forgot my TC is not linear. Let me check and come back. There is a spot where I remember that if the idle is too rich, I have instances of it drowning a little before spooling up again as I advance throttle.
    no worries broe, thanks for ur help so far
    Current Blink²:
    Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
    Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
    Belt-CP
    Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
    Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
      Wah, 1 day and so much happened on this thread
      Actually need to hear you fly then can understand and troubleshoot better.
      Able to check your headspeed?
      I was on Active Mode ATG at 1950rpm. My curve on idle is 100/70/100. Did you adjust the needles after buying from me?
      i did activate the atg active mode at 2100rpm curve flat 90. have tried other different curves. erm actually theres oready a few hands touching the needles, including the last one me haha. broe hdb, can u remember how many turn is the idle default factory aka flush?
      Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
      Belt-CP
      Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

LOL
        Yeah the idle default is flushed with the engine. I remembered I leaned slightly. My high needle should be about 2½ turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
          I remembered I leaned slightly.
          how many turn is that from fully closed? can u recall broe? thanks...
          Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
          Belt-CP
          Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Just to add, HDB was running 20% with that settings. You will need to go richer on the high end with 30% for sure. Most of us on 30% are on 2.75 - 3 turn out for the high.
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
              Just to add, HDB was running 20% with that settings. You will need to go richer on the high end with 30% for sure. Most of us on 30% are on 2.75 - 3 turn out for the high.
              ouh~ higher % must go a bit richer? noted thanks...
              Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
              Belt-CP
              Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

guys, how do we remove the m6 nut from the crankshaft? i use a multi plug wrench to turn the nut ccw but it's too tight additionally i can't have a good grip anywhere ie. to lock a spanner before the nut. can help advise? thanks...
                Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                Belt-CP
                Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Loli pop / ice cream stick in the exhaust port BUT and this is a BIG BUT, you need to be careful and apply the pressure very gradually.
                  If you apply pressue too quick the piston acts like a guillotine and chops the stick off

What you're doing is preventing the piston from going up in the cylinder ( the stick is jammed between the exhaust port opening and the crown ( top) of the piston.
                  Anything you put in there has to be softer than aluminium ( or the materail the piston or cylinder liner is made from)

I've had success with a plastic cable tie as well

Good luck

Comment

I use a cloth, wrap around the fan, hold it evenly at the fan base (not fin) and turn the wrench. I use this method to both tighten and loosen, never had the need for stopping the engine shaft from turning.
                    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

ouh thanks guys, i tot i might break a finger to get it open lol, apologies, new at these stuffz. last nite i cleaned the engine w/o removing the fan lol. so can't check the bearings. still in good condition, oso the compression is good...
                      Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                      Belt-CP
                      Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Don';t bother taking the fan off to check the bearings visually. You cant see them ( the ball races) anyway as they are clsed bearings.

The only way you can check them is to slowly rotate the crank and "feel" the bearings. Best way is to remove the glow plug and put some thick oil in the cylinder to minimise the friction of the piston and piston ring. Then slowly rotate the crank and try and "feel" any rough spots of the bearing races.

The only breaing you can see is the large main bearing if you take the crankcase end cover off ( but in doing so you risk damaging the thin paper gasket!!!!! so be carefull) and the bearing is sometimes hidden by the crankshaft ( partially or completely) I'm not sure on the redline engines as i've never taken one to pieces. Look on the exploded view drawing to see if the crank has a full or partial circle profile.

You can, depending on the age/use of the motor, expect to see some build up of oill residue around the bearing balls and cage. Short term not too bad ( it's inevitable with 2 strokes) but in the long term as the residue builds up it prevents cooling to the balls and races whcih leads to wear.

Hope this helps
                        Cheers

Comment

Ah just looked it up. The crankcase end cap has an o ring on the TT RL53 so please ignore my previous "paper gasket" statement.
                          Still be carefull with it a put a drop of oil on it when you put it back. This helps it seat properely

And the crank has a partial circle profile so you will be able to see the main (larger) bearing

Good luck

Comment

ouh didn't realise that, i juz saw 1 set of bearings behind the rod/crankshaft. broe, thick oil can use singer oil?
                            Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                            Belt-CP
                            Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by Nazar78 View Post
                              ouh didn't realise that, i juz saw 1 set of bearings behind the rod/crankshaft. broe, thick oil can use singer oil?
                              Yes .....the better the oil the less friction there is a so you'll 'feel" more of the bearing movement = more chance of feeling a problem.

Cheers

Comment

thanks for -preparing for weekend-
                                Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                                Belt-CP
                                Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Working...
                                X