Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
    Unfortunately no, I didn't. Well I have to wait for more funds to purchase a bigger battery or cut up the batt compartment to fit in 2 batts in series. Anyway, I have lost self-confidence flying this baby for now. Maybe later.
    oh, hope to hear from u that this plane will be up in the sky soon.

Btw did u hand launched this plane? was it in a breeze or a stress form?

Comment

No, rog . Tried in the field. went up in about 10metres or so. Recently went to PFW to check its tracking on the ground couldn't get to roll on ground straight. Seems like the front gear is not straight and could not align properly. Will try to solve this first before next try. In PFW you have to be precise or risk running into the curb or worse the lamp post and trees. So must get the gear to work properly first. Will post results again latter.
      Go back in one piece to fly another day.
      Having fun yet?
      36.39mhz
      40.77mhz

Comment

only 1 2200mah 30c lipo believing the advertised batt setup from ba---a hobby. it actually needed 2 of those or at least 3000mah. However, this bird flies like it was half its weight. It felt light and agile. Any of you guys think I can swap a lower kv motors for the stock ones? Any of you have modded 64mm fans to use lower kv motors to lower the amp draw? Any recommendations?
        Hi, if you have a thong of fork type ammeter you can check how much each EDF would take in current in amperes...or borrow from some one you have.(do not use the wired type wattmeter , they are not accurate and they also introduce parasitic resistance to the setup).

I always use a high capacity high C Lipo during test so that the result is more accurate.
        Usually twin suck in more current than most single EDF.

If you use a lower Kv motor ,you have to compromise between power and static thrust.

Note: depend on motor generally 64mm 5blade on 3.9KV sucks in 27amps , 64mm on 4.3KV sucks in 33amps(blade may depart using 4.3Kv or higher) per fan
        This is on 3S lipo.

Cheers

Comment

No, rog . Tried in the field. went up in about 10metres or so. Recently went to PFW to check its tracking on the ground couldn't get to roll on ground straight. Seems like the front gear is not straight and could not align properly. Will try to solve this first before next try. In PFW you have to be precise or risk running into the curb or worse the lamp post and trees. So must get the gear to work properly first. Will post results again latter.
          ic, mine is from GWS, the landing gears r those flimsy type, so may not use the ROG method, I'm looking into the handlaunching method. Anyway, the plane is still at 80% completed, haven't found the time to finish building it.

Btw did u glassed the nacelles where it is attached to the fuselage?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
            ic, mine is from GWS, the landing gears r those flimsy type, so may not use the ROG method, I'm looking into the handlaunching method. Anyway, the plane is still at 80% completed, haven't found the time to finish building it.

Btw did u glassed the nacelles where it is attached to the fuselage?
            This one is from Starmax. Everything is stock. Apart from the metal gear servo on the front landing gear, everything is pre-installed. You just need to plug in your receiver and batt. Good luck on your GWS A-10. This bird likes to fly very light. One way to go around the filmsy landing gear is to cut them shorter, then they will not "swing" too much.
            Go back in one piece to fly another day.
            Having fun yet?
            36.39mhz
            40.77mhz

Comment

Here's some of mine.

Multiplex FunJet twin 64MM EDF

J10 (GWS) 70MM EDF;

F104 StarFighter (Famous) - 70MM EDF:

F4 Phamtom 70MM EDF:

F16 Falcon (RC Lander) 70MM:

F35 Joint Strike Fighter 70MM Vector Thrust (Freewing)

Hawker Harrier (Guanli) 70MM

F15 Eagle (GWS) Twin 64MM

ME262 (GWS) Twin 64MM

Comment

Thinking of going into the 'DUCT' side...

Can anyone PLEASE 'poison' me with a good beginner plane?...

my wish list...
                - F22
                - F4
                Roll call from hanger
                -Kyosho, STRATUS 1600 Glider
                -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 2.)
                -Cap 232-15 size
                -GWS P51 Mustang EP, from a nice DH flyer
                -Dualsky Breeze PRO

Kissed the ground...

-Scanner
                -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 1.)

Frequency

-Spektrum, DX7

Comment

BAE Hawk or F15 are good beginner EDFs.

Comment

Originally posted by SeamLess View Post
                    BAE Hawk or F15 are good beginner EDFs.
                    Second your opinion.
                    Although didn't fly F15, but saw it flying last time - it can go pretty slow too.
                    Can't compare between Hawk or eagle, but I flew the Hawk as first EDF and it is easy, as long as you have some experience with low wings.
                    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by Getmorc View Post
                      Hope you like.

Bill
                      Hey Dude, glad to see another HET F20? Did you put retracts on them?

I liked the air cooling duct mods. Would appreciate if you can give me more details on the retracts and air cooling mods.

Here's mine btw

Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

note to self : upgrade to 70mm once plane is maidened, yes im a newbie in EDF got myself a EDO F-15 and it seems big ... running on 770g thrust only and on a 64mm fan ( single ) so i dont expect to go really fast. anyway , is the loud resonating humm from the foam airframe a norm in foam edf? cause i really cant stand that noise

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
                          note to self : upgrade to 70mm once plane is maidened, yes im a newbie in EDF got myself a EDO F-15 and it seems big ... running on 770g thrust only and on a 64mm fan ( single ) so i dont expect to go really fast. anyway , is the loud resonating humm from the foam airframe a norm in foam edf? cause i really cant stand that noise

Same problem with the noise issue. Tested at home and both my dogs would scramble off and hide under the table LOL. The sound is worst than my 2 year old smelly vacuum cleaner.

But the good thing about loud EDF is that you got the assurance that it is working up in the air

I also have the same problem of resonating foam. I compared that to another flying mate's EDF ( same plane, upgraded motor ) and his motor sound is much more smoother and gentle ( but is a much faster plane ).

I think the problem is with the motor. The only diffference between mine and his plane is the motor used. I am on stock and he is on aftermarkets. This could be the reason of the resonation - I suspect the motor / shaft / fan mount is not true-centered to the shaft, causing some vibration. You may want to check if there is vibration induced at the fan - try trottle up slowly and notice if there is vibration at certain rpm range. This is a sign of vibration. I discover this after I remove the motor and found that the fan/shaft mounting coupling cannot be secure to the shaft center exactly.

Although still louder than the other plane... sounds like vacuum cleaner in the air... something like " whooooo........." right ?
                          I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
                            Although still louder than the other plane... sounds like vacuum cleaner in the air... something like " whooooo........." right ?
                            haha exactly! it sounds alot worse than my family's osim ... but it definately seems more powerful than my stock 4600kv , although its the same kv , i have no idea why but i also realised that i can make the noise alot quieter by actually pushing in the fan cover in deeper(mabe its cause the motor wasent secured? and my motor is a inrunner , so what i did , which i will probably regret in the future, is completely securing the cover to the plane via epoxy most of the resonating sound is gone , but its still darn loud when i put it on static testing with full throttle >< i guess i'll try ROG takeoff at PFW to checkout its power first , before removing the landing gear and heading to kaladoor...

EDF's speed increases as airflow into the duct increases right?

Comment

Talking about loud...

My flying who lives 1km away know I am flying....

Check this out...

Comment

Correction...

Flying buddy I mean...

Can't fly early morning or else will kana complain.. FYI.. the camera man is standing an least 5-6 metres away during the launch...

Comment

Working...
                                X