FreeWing F-15
    Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
    GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
    Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices View Post
      You are welcome..she is a good looking plane to start with.
      For the benefit of those who are interested to make the 30mm Gau canon, it is made of Yakult straw and plastic phone card , airbrushed over with gunmetal, dry brushed with chrome silver. It is missing the barrel shroud to expose the individual gun barrel... I took some pictures also..
      Nice work! I'm sure chekgu will treasure it

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
      200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
      2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
      Tel : +65 6293 3968
      Official You Tube Channel
      FACEBOOK :

Comment

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES View Post
        Nice work! I'm sure chekgu will treasure it

Thank you for the kind words. It is always a pleasure when effort is appreciated and looked after. Anytime for dedicated and passionate individuals like Chekgu.

Comment

Yes I'm sure, Chekgu was telling me how much he "sayang" this A10 after he mentioned you helped him touch-up. Couldn't decipher what he meant until I saw his A-10 pictures + your "Yakult" Rattling Guns!!! swee..

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
          200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
          2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
          Tel : +65 6293 3968
          Official You Tube Channel
          FACEBOOK :

Comment

Here is my "Ta-bau" F-4 to "1-Eye" Phantom aka "Jolly-Roger"

Glad that it flew again and well. Almost threw away...

When time permits & moods gather, I will attempt to further sand-smooth, airbrush the body and perform an "eye" transplant...

ho

Comment

Which war did she came back from... ?
              I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
                Which war did she came back from... ?
                Junkyard Wars ( Discovery channel).....Just joking,

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanflying View Post
                  Thinking of going into the 'DUCT' side...

Can anyone PLEASE 'poison' me with a good beginner plane?...

my wish list...
                  - F22
                  - F4
                  Hi OMF, for beginner EDF jet , should not try military aircraft unless you have the experience building and installing the components to this type of jet.
                  The jet looks nice but believe me building and getting the parts to run correctly is not as easy as it looks.

Instead ,you should get a plane like the electra jet where the ducted fan is mounted outside the fuselage and the ducted fan is easily ascessible .This is entry level or beginner EDF jet.

After you have gain sufficient experience with the entry level EDF jet, then go for the more complicated military type Jet.

Cheers

Comment

F-15 E-DOmodel

well guys , just maidened my F-15 today after 2 weeks of it "pai swee" in my house. ( yes that really noisy low pitched screams were from my jet today at PFW around 4~4.30pm 20/09/09).

good points:
                    -Very nice ROG takoff characteristics , much like a real jet/
                    -Very good floating capabilities ( i got a lockout at my last pack -.-, but the thing floated down really slowly and only the 2 main landing gears came out , almost NO damage on the thing LUCKY! )
                    -sufficient turning capabilities
                    - really really really really x 10 ^ 10 easy to land.
                    -Great First EDF jet

Bad points:
                    -this is a first timer EDF jet, id concider this jet sluggish and irritating
                    -its really slow , if anyone saw my F15 today , i was at permanent full throttle, it was flying slower than mid-wing prop planes. Its like comparing a S211 jet trainer with the Turbo Proped PC21 which replaced the S211...
                    ( mabe its cause of my setup? 770g of thrust 5 bladed 4600kv motor )
                    -it has this annoying habit to pitch down in a turn. And then if you give a max imput , it feels like its gonna stall at any moment and spin out.
                    -needs a long flat runway to takeoff ( unless youre using wireless's 4900kv setup ) and the distance is about , from the black and white barrier at PFW where the cars park all the way to the zebra crossing, but i like it

but overall , Even after almost a year and a half of helis, advancing to 3D flying, and tasting EDFs now... i think im gonna be in EDF for awhile its fantastic to fly. I especially how this thing lifts itsself off the ground. It has that scale like slow acceleration , and eventually reaches a rotate speed which lets it take off nicely ( ofcourse not 90degree vertical )

many thanks to the creators of EDF

Comment

I am also enjoying my first EDF jet and I would now believe what EDF flyers said - Once you're in the Duct side, there is no turning back

I am having problem with the In-runner motor giving alot of vibration. I think I need a better motor.

Today my flight was a failure due to somewhere in the 2nd minutes my aileron servo went dead !

I managed to sort of circled the jet down using the only 2 remaining control - the elevator and trottle management.

Plane eventually drop / glide onto the far end of the field, can't really see how it went down, but I knew I gave it full elevator up and cut the trottle hoping it would just float down rather than nose dive.

Luckily today wasn't the day my plane stood still, nothing broken !

Lady lucky really with me... sibeh heng !

May I ask if anyone flew the LanYu Red Arrow EDF can recommend me equivalent motor to use. I am only using a 30 Amp ESC for this stock and I think I don't wish to upgrade to higher power robbing motors yet. So I wanted to have a similar power brushless.

I believe my electronics (receivers & servo ) is having a hard time coping with the vibration. Perhaps that is why the aileron servo died in the sky...
                      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

New member in my Jet fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post
                          New member in my Jet fleet.

NICE! where did you get it from?

Comment

Wow... GWS A-10 on edf55s. Brings back memories..... Remember to enforce the part the fuse and wing joined with carbon spar. That part breaks easily. Nice paintwork

sigpic
                            FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
                              NICE! where did you get it from?
                              2 places...

House of Mouse or Aerial Hobby

Both places selling at less than $58...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post
                                My jet fleet are as follow:

A7 Corsiar

Panther

F4 Phantom

Gaui Tigershark(Fastest jet I have)

Red Arrow Bae Hawk

F-15 (Loudest EDF that I have)
                                Hi Bro,

Where you get that Panther Jet ? It look abit like that Synapse Duct fan jet from Electrifly .

"http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705825"

Comment

Working...
                                X