Search Result

Collapse
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Today's Posts

Collapse

• bartleby
    WTS: TREx 450 XL
    by bartleby
    Sell TREX 450 XL - Brushless Motor Align 420LF 3200KV - BEC Align RCE-BL25T - Gyro Align RCE-500X - 2 Brand new never used Li-Po Batteries 1800mAh 3s1p 11.1V (30C) - 1 Li-Po Battery Charger TL-4 Tahmazo - 1 Li-Po Battery Charger Align RCC-4CX - 1 Align transportation box/case - 1 main blade h...
    30-08-2011, 03:58 AM
  • bartleby
    Reply to DLG in Singapore
    by bartleby
    The DL50 is having two carbon spars on each wing at the intrados and extrados glued with epoxy ... Then on the blue foam core, the fiber glass is simply glued with some water based varnish and a paint brush ... The wing is not vaccum bagged but you can vaccum bag the wing if you want, it would be better...
    03-02-2007, 12:32 AM
  • bartleby
    Reply to DL50 building thread
    by bartleby
    Woodlands beside the Sports School. I think the name of the road is Champion Avenue.

Thomas
    03-02-2007, 12:26 AM
  • bartleby
    by bartleby
    The problem with mine is that my poor discus launch technique has weakened the wings ... now when i try to do a hard launch a hear a kind of crounch .. I guess one day i'm going to see my DL50 going straight like a rocket instead of climbing up ... We will see how ... Yep the Quickflick II is a ver...
    01-02-2007, 11:50 PM
  • bartleby
    Reply to DL50 building thread
    by bartleby
    Sorry guys, i promised a video and never delivered ... So here it is, one of my friend David flying my DL50 in woodlands, we can see that he managed to catch one thermal ... 2 min of flight, i can tell you that it's a long one since a short one can be less than 30 seconds ... So here it is: ...
    31-01-2007, 10:45 PM
  • bartleby
    Reply to DLG Video
    by bartleby
    Here is a video of one DL50 flight in Woodlands ...
    => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzPwpxdMqh0

2 min flight .. quite a good perf .. just after a big rain ...

Thomas
    31-01-2007, 10:44 PM
  • bartleby
    Reply to DLG Video
    by bartleby
    Hello, I'm usually flying in Woodlands because there is so many space ... In Singapore you can find good thermals ... You just need to get use to know the reaction of your glider when it enters a thermal ... Once you got one then you are happy but you need to keep on trying ... Below is one of...
    31-01-2007, 10:43 PM
  • bartleby
    by bartleby
    Hello,

The DL50 from mountain models is a very good for a beginning, easy to build, to fly and quite cheap as well.
    => http://www.mountainmodels.com/produc...roducts_id=212

Thomas
    31-01-2007, 10:15 PM
  • bartleby
    by bartleby
    I fly my DL50 most of the time at Woodlands nearby the sports school. Discus launch + thermal hunt .. ;) Below is a log of a nice session, can see that 2 flights at the end were quite nice. Discus launch straight in a nice thermal that sent me to 45 m altitude for a flight of 3.30 min ... That's sh...
    30-01-2007, 10:18 PM
  • bartleby
    Reply to CNC cutting in Singapore
    by bartleby
    no probs ...
    and good luck guys to get CNC cut from I-Aquatic ... Send your dxf right now you will get an answer if it can be done maybe in 2 years down the road ...
    03-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Working...
X