Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of distributorship for FlightPower (FP) - Must Read!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edmond22
    Yar I am doing that too kekekeke, no fun flying like that. Be sure to use a voltmeter to check for balance after charging, I do not trust my balance cos the portion where it connects to the batt tabs is the weakest link often giving wrong measurements or balance attempts.
    oh i c.. is it out by alot or by .1 or .2V or more?

currently i am using FP v balance, imax and hyperion lba6.. somehow i feel the lba 6 is the most accurate... and the FP is the least accurate in the sense that i dont see it doing much work on the same batts
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

I sold off my FP Balancer cause I prefer using the Hyperion.... I suspect the FP tabs are not very good in quality as sometimes when I plug in to the balancer the cells are not detected. End up I mod my own wires ... pissed so I go hop to hyperion balancer. My hyperion balancers are serving me super well now, does just what the FP balancers were doing for me previously ..

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
        oh i c.. is it out by alot or by .1 or .2V or more?

currently i am using FP v balance, imax and hyperion lba6.. somehow i feel the lba 6 is the most accurate... and the FP is the least accurate in the sense that i dont see it doing much work on the same batts
        I have the Xpower, FP v balance and LBA6 and I agree with you LBA6 is the better of the lot. The trouble I am getting with v balance ranges from wrong cell count to horrendous balancing. As long as a cell voltage is read wrongly (I strongly suspect the connector), the balancer is gonna balance the other 2 down to that wrong reading. I gave up on it a long time ago cos it will mean replacing the connector again and again and again... This is not reliable enough for me if I still need to double check every balance charge or discharge.

LBA6 on the other hand seems to be a lot more consistent and did not show easy wear and tear of the connectors yet. I am pretty happy with it and it is definitely more sound in terms the way it works. It charges and discharges through the tab directly instead of V balancer's direct method to main leads. So from experience, by the time a pack is done charging, I am sure LBA6 is balanced while the v balancer is still trying to balance a pack out cos it couldn't keep up charging at one end and discharging on the other end lol.
        Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

The FP balancers does discharge ok lah, only encounter problem with I use on FP lipos, where like you mentioned I got to plug in and out to detect all 3 cells... pisses me off.
          When i use it to balancer my HXT lipos it works fine cause I never use the connector tab...
          But 1 thing I choose Hyperion over Flightpower is the SIZE... like they say SIZE does matter

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
            I have the Xpower, FP v balance and LBA6 and I agree with you LBA6 is the better of the lot. The trouble I am getting with v balance ranges from wrong cell count to horrendous balancing. As long as a cell voltage is read wrongly (I strongly suspect the connector), the balancer is gonna balance the other 2 down to that wrong reading. I gave up on it a long time ago cos it will mean replacing the connector again and again and again... This is not reliable enough for me if I still need to double check every balance charge or discharge.

LBA6 on the other hand seems to be a lot more consistent and did not show easy wear and tear of the connectors yet. I am pretty happy with it and it is definitely more sound in terms the way it works. It charges and discharges through the tab directly instead of V balancer's direct method to main leads. So from experience, by the time a pack is done charging, I am sure LBA6 is balanced while the v balancer is still trying to balance a pack out cos it couldn't keep up charging at one end and discharging on the other end lol.
            .....make sense...i too have problem with my FP V balancer... so i use my Tahmazo balancer instead....
            After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
              The FP balancers does discharge ok lah, only encounter problem with I use on FP lipos, where like you mentioned I got to plug in and out to detect all 3 cells... pisses me off.
              When i use it to balancer my HXT lipos it works fine cause I never use the connector tab...
              But 1 thing I choose Hyperion over Flightpower is the SIZE... like they say SIZE does matter

There is a difference HDB esp when you try to balance charge. If you do 1c, it is simply not enough time for the FP to do the balancing and when your charge is done, you can measure and notice the resultant balance voltage is worse off than LBA6 more often than not. This is simply because it attempts to let the charger charge the main lead on 1 end and the balancing is done on the balance tabs. The LBA6 does the balance charge through the balance tab only and you can tell the diff because it takes a longer time usually. I prefer this method cos this means less work monitoring the charging process. FP methods will make you unplug the pack from a finish charge, see the led lights blinking away madly and you thought ok, let's leave it to balance further first. You will come back the next round to check and see that it has done balancing and if you DO check the voltage, you will be dismayed to see that you need to top it off again. Add the connector problem and you have more work to do lol.

LBA6, you charge and when done, check voltage, all within 0.02 range and you can go to sleep or fly. I typed less too to describe the convenience.
              Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Yoz Edballz, I just took a look at my Hyperion balancer, 1 side for input and tab on other side for charging lipo. Much lesser wires than FP balancer.
                But I'll still stick to my old ways, never trust balancers my habit to ensure even voltage on all cells before charging and measure individual cell after charging.
                So far 3 of my FP hit 100-120 cycles and they hold charge at 4.11V-4.13V. My 2 HXT hit 60-70 cycles and they hold at 4.14V-4.16V. If HXT hit 100 cycles and still can hold that voltage I'll be ordering more, if not I'll try KONG POWER

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
                  If HXT hit 100 cycles and still can hold that voltage I'll be ordering more, if not I'll try KONG POWER
                  That's a Tall order for any batteries !

.....If I'm a Lipo manufacturer or dealer, ....I'll certainly wun wanna sell YOU any batteries !
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                  X