Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of distributorship for FlightPower (FP) - Must Read!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeddan78sg
    If u don like it don buy it. If u like it buy it. End of story.

No point arguing.

Peace no war
    If TP or other brands were to change distributionship i bet another thread of this kind will come up. It will never end.
    Last Stick Ah!

Planes are call plank, Helis are call bird.
    So i now fly a bird and use a plank as heli pads. Anyways i can do 3d crashing better than 3d flying

Comment

hey guys,

to be fair, my first flightpower pack of 2150 3s1p hit 200 cycles recently(religiously ticked on notebook habit for last 7 years, this is how I decide where money goes to for Nicad, Nimh and Lipos) and it is still giving me 6 mins of flight on my BeltCP. It was used on my Yak 54 from last year to AJ and finally demoted to Belt CP. 4 flights every weekend with the odd weekdays off, leave, holidays and night heli flying.

It depends on individual usage I supposed. But from my observations, unlike other brands, I do not worry about hovering my plane till the last minute of flight. So much so I harrier land it at will and be confident it will hold up just fine. There are a few AJs in the field, only myself I believe truly fly to the max at a set timing consistent from the first day I bought it till now, there is no adjustment to flight timing over time. Just ask Daniel kekekek about his flight time and you will know what I mean.

So in fair words, so far for me in my experience, I never bother about babying the batts, just charge and fly, mark a cycle for reference. I hover harrier to the last minute and never worry about flight time or performance. This one you all can see in the field lar. I had only 2 cases of bloat with a 3s and a 4s out of the odd 12 or more packs I used which I have got replacement too.

So if you ask me about thorough testing, I think I am like a clockwork at PFW flying morning and evening without fail and even weekdays or at work sometimes. I can safely say I have gotten away with less than $1 per cycle so far.

The other battery brands I liked so far are Hyperion and PolyRC, the way I can vouch for them is reflected on my flying wings. Cos these buggers peaked at 98amps at wot, you have never heard of me complaining of bloating from them thus far. The performance can be heard and felt in the sky lol.
      Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

well, it all depends on personally preference. if money is not a problem in this world, everything will be okay.

i have a 5000mah 6s FP and so far so good.

Danny.
        Kedi AH !

Comment

Ha!

having said how good the batts are, I am gonna try other brands for now already lol. Maybe HXT and understand what HDB is talking about kekekeke

Comment

Hehe. Welcome to the club. Once my lipos enough usage or physically too poor in condition I'm going to try other brands too. I realised there are many ppl trashing other brands of lipos and they hold well and perform well. These lipos are not that reputable maybe because not enough advertising?

Maybe if KP go try them out and promotes them, then we can have the great after-sales service again!

Comment

tech mbrc - thanks for answering my questions. too bad the crash warranty is only in the US and not honored here in SG. thanks.
              « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

Comment

I started trying PolyRC lipo. Bought a 2S and used it for 15 to 20 times.... so far so good, so planning to try the 3S. Will be my replacement for FP which are coming to end of life soon.....
                After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

if the crash warranty is worldwide, i guess FP will go bankrupt. it is only fair that after we purchase something, it is our responsibility on how we treat the products. if we crash, it is on our own expense.

I crashed my trex600 2 months ago and it was on align 6s 4400mah. when my batts were fried due to crashed i just threw away. unless you strongly believe that your batteries were the cause of the crash and you have enough proof for a replacement.

i hope its clear. like zeddan said, if you dun like it dun buy it. nothing personal.

cheers,
                  Danny.
                  Kedi AH !

Comment

I did a search after Edmond mentioned PolyRC. I saw his cells he use to power that bloody wing. Surprised those old looking torn cells can make my hair stand

Something we can use for our 450 sized heli!
                    Hmm.. the weight is an attractive factor

Comment

I bought mine from Dynamo Electrics! Great service and I think they gave me free shipping.

HDB, the batts are different though they are from the same manufacturer, not sure what is the difference though, my is PolyRC and they share the same tabs with Hyperion and Polyquest. This made it easier for me to balance the cells using the LBA6 too. I think that balancer is better cos it charges and balance through the tab instead of the main lead.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
                        hey guys,

to be fair, my first flightpower pack of 2150 3s1p hit 200 cycles recently(religiously ticked on notebook habit for last 7 years, this is how I decide where money goes to for Nicad, Nimh and Lipos) and it is still giving me 6 mins of flight on my BeltCP. It was used on my Yak 54 from last year to AJ and finally demoted to Belt CP. 4 flights every weekend with the odd weekdays off, leave, holidays and night heli flying.

It depends on individual usage I supposed. But from my observations, unlike other brands, I do not worry about hovering my plane till the last minute of flight. So much so I harrier land it at will and be confident it will hold up just fine. There are a few AJs in the field, only myself I believe truly fly to the max at a set timing consistent from the first day I bought it till now, there is no adjustment to flight timing over time. Just ask Daniel kekekek about his flight time and you will know what I mean.

So in fair words, so far for me in my experience, I never bother about babying the batts, just charge and fly, mark a cycle for reference. I hover harrier to the last minute and never worry about flight time or performance. This one you all can see in the field lar. I had only 2 cases of bloat with a 3s and a 4s out of the odd 12 or more packs I used which I have got replacement too.

So if you ask me about thorough testing, I think I am like a clockwork at PFW flying morning and evening without fail and even weekdays or at work sometimes. I can safely say I have gotten away with less than $1 per cycle so far.

The other battery brands I liked so far are Hyperion and PolyRC, the way I can vouch for them is reflected on my flying wings. Cos these buggers peaked at 98amps at wot, you have never heard of me complaining of bloating from them thus far. The performance can be heard and felt in the sky lol.
                        200 cycles and power still retained wow!
                        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

I using HXT for 60 cycles already I paid $52 for it including shipping, hope it hits 100 cycle!

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                            200 cycles and power still retained wow!

No man, from the 100ish onward, you can feel it going down the steep hill. On a typical new 2170 3s batt, I expect good power for 8-10 mins flighttime on my belt cp, this 200 ish cycles is giving me 6 mins now lol and the flying is very very gentle lol.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
                              No man, from the 100ish onward, you can feel it going down the steep hill. On a typical new 2170 3s batt, I expect good power for 8-10 mins flighttime on my belt cp, this 200 ish cycles is giving me 6 mins now lol and the flying is very very gentle lol.
                              wow thats pretty gd too.. mine drops to 3min tops after 100+ cycles(same fp batts) always balance charged.. now maybe 1 min.. and bascially using it for tuning only
                              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                                wow thats pretty gd too.. mine drops to 3min tops after 100+ cycles(same fp batts) always balance charged.. now maybe 1 min.. and bascially using it for tuning only

Yar I am doing that too kekekeke, no fun flying like that. Be sure to use a voltmeter to check for balance after charging, I do not trust my balance cos the portion where it connects to the batt tabs is the weakest link often giving wrong measurements or balance attempts.

Comment

Working...
                                X