Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of distributorship for FlightPower (FP) - Must Read!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of distributorship for FlightPower (FP) - Must Read!

*Without prejudice*

To all my Dear Customers and Supporters,

It is with great sadness to inform everyone that Mockingbird RC (MBRC) has taken over my FP distributorship with immediate effect.

FP was unheard of in this region 1.5 years ago. My team and I had spent lots of time, money and effort building up FP brand in this region especially in Singapore. This includes setting up booths at flying events, going to numerous flying fields personally to do demos or give advise to flyers, putting advertisements & website, sponsoring FP Lipo for clubs, competitions, students etc.

After all that I have done to bring FP brand on par with other top brands of Lipo in this region, it takes just 1 email to inform me that MBRC will take over my distributorship with immediate effect. As I do not wish to have any dealings with MBRC, I have decided to cease taking FP. My retailers will also cease to take FP.

For all warranties of Flightpower and Trakpower, please refer to Mockingbird RC.

For those who still wish to purchase FP, please give your support to RC-Warbirds

I will take a break from the RC scene for a while. Thank you everyone for your support to me all these years.
    Last edited by Unorthodox_Sniper; 10-08-2007, 10:51 AM.
    sigpic

KP, next time sign a MOU wif FP. Thks for ur clarification.

I'm using FP now on my heli n they were great. I also heard from fellow flyers abt u giving warranty for FP lipo.

Hope u come back stronger.

Cheers.

Comment

Not too long ago, Flightpower was deemed unknown in our Singaporean Context.

The Flightpower SG team changed that by including Lipo Return warranty for all consumers, a scheme otherwise unheard of with items such as batteries.

With the recent completion of www.flightpower.sg, and advertising ads on DH and the National Aeromodelling championship magazines, Flightpower has made itself known.

With all the mentioned above, most flightpower consumers have been happy to stay with the brand, partly because of the excellent after sales support.

Seeing that Flightpower would terminate Distributorship so suddenly, means that the effort and cash that has gone into bringing Flightpower a reputable brand in Singapore by KP and team has gone on deaf years.

Sorry to hear that KP.
      Time to bring in more Reputable RC brands.

Thanx.
      SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

It is indeed a sad day for us FP users. I have bought all my FP batt from KP and his wty policy is fantastic and unheard of! You would nvr have to worry about bad batteries when dealing with him.
        Well good luck to him in whatever new venture in the future. He will have my support.

Comment

This is sad news. IMHO, I feel that KP got shortchanged. It's like "hand over the cake unconditionally, immediately and don't ask questions back" type of muscling.

Reputation of this brand locally was built up by KP, plain obvious. No disputes about the technical prowress of its batteries, but it will be interesting to see how MBRC will maintain the same level of brand awareness and after-support at the local scene, if at all.

Comment

Kind of disappointed to hear this news.. Well..KP, Frankly, i have been getting all my flight Power batteries and balancer from u since the day i started my RC flying, i thought the service support from u was damn good. U actually deliver the battery to my door step knowing that the distance from your place to mine is far, rendering unselfless efforts to troubleshoot, and resolving all kind of batteries issues, questions and problems. At time giving us professional advices in the fly field..And taking effort to come down to the fly field to solve our batteries issues. .. and that is what i called Superior Service.

I think it's the passion in you that makes us feel that u are one of our best vendor in this RC flying community.. Do keep up the good work and LASTLY would like to say that will fully support u if u happen to get some reputatable product back to us. I'm sure u will come back strong..

Oh.. time to dump all my flt power batteries now..
            Look on the wife's face when visa bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

It's not just a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Sometime it is good to seek clarification with the concern party and see if you can iron out the issues that cause you to lose out on the distributorship.

But looking at the thread so far, they have only taken away the battery. They cannot take away your service quality which your customers can really appreciate. That is something that is not easily taken away.

I'm sure if you take up another product, you will do as well. Afterall, FP do not make their own battery.
              At least the Flight Power boss make it so clear in one of this thread.

Looking on the bright side, now you can go to the field and enjoy a good round of flying without having to worry that people will run up to you to service their battery. Best of all, you don't have to use one brand of battery. Isn't that a load off the shoulder?

Take care dude!

Originally posted by Unorthodox_Sniper
              *Without prejudice*

To all my Dear Customers and Supporters,

It is with great sadness to inform everyone that Mockingbird RC (MBRC) has taken over my FP distributorship with immediate effect.

FP was unheard of in this region 1.5 years ago. My team and I had spent lots of time, money and effort building up FP brand in this region especially in Singapore. This includes setting up booths at flying events, going to numerous flying fields personally to do demos or give advise to flyers, putting advertisements & website, sponsoring FP Lipo for clubs, competitions, students etc.

After all that I have done to bring FP brand on par with other top brands of Lipo in this region, it takes just 1 email to inform me that MBRC will take over my distributorship with immediate effect. As I do not wish to have any dealings with MBRC, I have decided to cease taking FP. My retailers will also cease to take FP.

For all warranties of Flightpower and Trakpower, please refer to Mockingbird RC.

For those who still wish to purchase FP, please give your support to RC-Warbirds

I will take a break from the RC scene for a while. Thank you everyone for your support to me all these years.

Comment

KP, sorry to hear about the loss.

When you bring the next brand, give me a tinker, I will support you for sure. The service you have given to me has been top notch!
                Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Thanks KP for bringing introducing the FP lipos to us, those bought from you will retain their memories of your good services.

Its not easy especially during the initial phase of starting up.
                  worst is someone else took over mid-way.
                  Might be a blessing in disguise bro!

Your experience with FP entirely will help you come back stronger.....
                  looking forward for your support once again bro!

Thanks.

Rdgs
                  John
                  Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Originally posted by viperviper
                    Oh.. time to dump all my flt power batteries now..

Bro, dont dump give it to me....
                    sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Comment

Originally posted by mave
                      Afterall, FP do not make their own battery.
                      At least the Flight Power boss make it so clear in one of this thread.
                      This statement is really very cute, because no BRAND make their own RAW Lipo cells. All the branded Lipos are taking their RAW cells from the worlds best reputable Lipo manufacturer like Enerland etc.. And then go through their each individual strict cell balancing and packing process, then brand and sell them off as FP, TP, PQ etc....

Cheers
                      Cool

Comment

So sad to hear this.

I still remember the effort KP puts in promoting FP. Personally going to the field to promote it and warranty for FP lipo.

KP, Don’t be discourage and make a come back with another product.

Comment

Yup, you got what I am trying to say.

Many times product fail not because it is inferior. It is just that they may not find dedicated people like KP to market their product.

With so many similar products, it is the application of good salesmanship to a well thought out strategy to market a quality product that makes a brand stand out against the rest.

Originally posted by CoolMX
                          This statement is really very cute, because no BRAND make their own RAW Lipo cells. All the branded Lipos are taking their RAW cells from the worlds best reputable Lipo manufacturer like Enerland etc.. And then go through their each individual strict cell balancing and packing process, then brand and sell them off as FP, TP, PQ etc....

Cheers
                          Cool

Comment

this is sad to hear KP, for me a newbie in the Singapore RC heli scene, and though I have only purchased a lipo balancer from you, the service I got, especially the after sales is really top-notch.

This guy drove down from his office all the way to Dhoby Ghaut just to hand me a 6S balancer lead - and it's because I inadverdently destroyed my own lead - and he didn't even charge me even when I offered to pay for it!!!

Now that's what I call EXCELLENT AFTER SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Not to mention the countless SMS that I have sent asking questions, and this guy tirelessly replies as quick as you can send your questions.

If only you owned Rotor

Anyway, I do hope you come back stronger and brands that will benefit the RC community, and you can be guaranteed I will be supporting it strongly, along with the others here who have been blessed with your great customer service.

Thank you KP!!!
                            « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

Comment

do keep the comments/compliments coming in.. perhaps this thread may catch the attention of the Flt power management.... Hope it can help.

Even if it doesn't. I'm sure this thread will make KP proud of his passion and his tremendous effort put in in promoting Flt Power Batteries to this stage...cheers!
                              Look on the wife's face when visa bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

It's not just a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X