Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thks SH,
    That is why I wan to know more things about scale flying...not the fuselage but the bird itself...like wat motor is good?do i need to used lower pinion gear?is there a different setting up between normal and flybarless...basically i'm not interested in flying 3D.By the way is there any fun fly area that fly scale?I got lots of question about scale flying...My aim is to shot a short video...can i be ur student master?
    My Hanger-Futaba 9CHP Super
    Helis
    Trex 450 OH-6 Cayuse (coming soon)
    Mini Titan 450
    Trex 500 UH-1B Huey (under construction)
    Trex 500
    Planes
    Great Planes Lancair- maiden Great
    Guai TigerShark-no time to maiden
    Car
    Cens MiniMadness

Comment

I dare not consider myself as a master in scale. There are many more scale flyers out there that are better than me.. I believe if approach anyone that is into scale, they will definitely welcome you and will try to answer you to their best knowledge.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been any big or major scale funfly happen in Singapore. There are a few time but it turn out to be not many present due to location or time not suitable to all scale flyers. Even though the funfly is not fully/purely scale, if you visit any funfly, they will sure welcome you. If they do not welcome you (assuming you are not there to cause trouble), u can forget about them and join other funfly instead.

As for the pinion, this is what I normally did:
      Go for the lowest pinion first and work from there up. As I said before, in multibladed, u tend to notice it fly better in low RPM and thus, you normally set it to spin low RPM. If u are using high teeth pinion..and with high KV motor, to achieve low RPM, you need to adjust the throttle curve much much lower. If you set your throttle curve to lower than lets say 70%, your motor is not running at the optimum settings. If u are using Governor mode (oh. I do notice in scale, u use governor is much better) and if your throttle curve is set too low, your motor actually goes into a oscillation kind of spinning (that is, high and low RPM oscillation)

SH

Comment

Thks for the advice SH...
        My Hanger-Futaba 9CHP Super
        Helis
        Trex 450 OH-6 Cayuse (coming soon)
        Mini Titan 450
        Trex 500 UH-1B Huey (under construction)
        Trex 500
        Planes
        Great Planes Lancair- maiden Great
        Guai TigerShark-no time to maiden
        Car
        Cens MiniMadness

Comment

Whether flybar or flybarless, to me they all the same once it spind up and fly in the sky. Only very few people will notice and know about. Flybarless heli will look nice when it grounded of course.

For me, most important is easy to fly and do enjoy when it flies, even in windy days like current season....(hope did not offended anybody).

Here to share few pics on scale at Yishun (to poison someone who interested in LAMA...):

MD500E (ang), Hirobo Lama (Francis) and little bird (wangzx)

MD500E is a Trex500 kit installed into Funkey unpainted fulselage. Self fabricated mounting platform, landing skid and painting. Running on 6S A123. Able to fly about 5 to 6 mins

Hirobo Lama was a 30 size Nitro converted to Electric running on 6S A123. very nice low RPM flying characteristic.

Littlebird was a E550 eRaptor upgraded to 620 with 50 size unpainted funkey fuselage running on 6S Lipo. Heavy and steady.

Comment

Working...
          X