Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scale flying

hi.
    Scale flyer out there...can any one enlighten me about going flybarless...

like how much KV required for a motor?wat pinion used? 11,13,15 theeth?fuselage wight about 155kg - 269kg...required headspeed?

Thks
    My Hanger-Futaba 9CHP Super
    Helis
    Trex 450 OH-6 Cayuse (coming soon)
    Mini Titan 450
    Trex 500 UH-1B Huey (under construction)
    Trex 500
    Planes
    Great Planes Lancair- maiden Great
    Guai TigerShark-no time to maiden
    Car
    Cens MiniMadness

Originally posted by army627 View Post
    hi.
    Scale flyer out there...can any one enlighten me about going flybarless...

like how much KV required for a motor?wat pinion used? 11,13,15 theeth?fuselage wight about 155kg - 269kg...required headspeed?

Thks
    U flying 1:2 scale heli ar??? Definately a very big bird!!! When u flying and where??? I wana see!!!

Comment

155kg - 269kg!!! Is there any typo error? If not, that is very heavy heli for RC. Is it a full size?

SH

Comment

Me thinks grams but how does the fuse weight vary between 155 to 269 grams

Maybe it started at 155 but all the repairs, epoxy and GF have brought it up to 269

Comment

flybarless

Army627,

My experience moving from flybar to flybarless give you a bump of 10% to 15% performance depending on flying style. Headspeed wise you can usually drop 1-2Teeth or or drop governor curve by 10% to get the same headspeed. This also usually yield up about 1miutes flight time for my 5-6mins or 6-7mins flying of various helicopter.

hope this helps....one thing for sure it will help going flybalress on scale by giving less stress on your electronics.

regards,
          Jonathan

Comment

thks for the reply...sorry for the typo error...okey but u flying with how many blades?
            Helis
            Mini Titan 450
            Trex 500
            Planes
            Car
            Cens MiniMadness

Comment

Me think the project is on his Mini Titan la must be typing error .
              BARI= TX JR DSX9G 2.4ghz Limited Edition Gold.MODE 1.
              T-rex 500.HS5245MGx3.GY401.
              RJX50E
              RJX50N
              TREX100X
              HISKY FBL100
              MTITAN E325
              C-TREX250

Comment

Hi bro blum settle lagi ur project?
                BARI= TX JR DSX9G 2.4ghz Limited Edition Gold.MODE 1.
                T-rex 500.HS5245MGx3.GY401.
                RJX50E
                RJX50N
                TREX100X
                HISKY FBL100
                MTITAN E325
                C-TREX250

Comment

two

thks for the reply...sorry for the typo error...okey but u flying with how many blades?
                  Two blades only and not scale.

Jonathan

Comment

In multibladed (3 or more), you tend to notice it fly better in lower RPM. Thus, compare to your normal 2 bladed flybarred, it is lower RPM. How low is depend on your heli, the blades u use and your configuration. Remember if u set too low, your tail authority will be affected as well (we are not talking about separate motor driven tail).

It is best to choose high Torque motor and reasonable teeth count in the pinion for better performance because u want torque...not RPM. If you can have high gear ratio (that is very low teeth count pinion), you can use higher KV motor instead...but as u know, how much the teeth can reduce is depend on the diameter of the motor shaft. Thus, it is better to get high torque low RPM motor.

SH

Comment

Alamak, make me happy for a while. I tot can see big scale heli flying.

Comment

I am very new to this heli and intend to jump into this hole.
                        I have narrowed down to the mini titan and I would like to fly scale eventually, no intention to do 3D.

Is the mini titan a good heli to go scale? I have seen only the super cobra kit, is ther any other fuselage kit for the mini titan?

Comment

Originally posted by Cklasse View Post
                          I have narrowed down to the mini titan and I would like to fly scale eventually, no intention to do 3D.

Is the mini titan a good heli to go scale? I have seen only the super cobra kit, is ther any other fuselage kit for the mini titan?
                          I have the same thinking as you when I first started, don't quite like 3D. But now I love both scale and 3D, wonder anybody has the same thought. I have a Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50 with Hughes 500E, Flybarless Mini-Titan Super Cobra with Gaui FES and TREX500 for 3D.
                          Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
                          Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
                          HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
                          sigpic

Comment

sori for the disappointment...soon maybe....
                            not done wit my projectlah...okey so my RPM must be low?i own a 3550kv motor...is it okey?must i low my pinion?
                            Helis
                            Mini Titan 450
                            Trex 500
                            Planes
                            Car
                            Cens MiniMadness

Comment

Originally posted by Cklasse View Post

Hi Cklasse

IMHO, when come to scale, it is the scale look (that is, the fuselage and all those related to scale items) that is important. The heli is only provide the lifting or just an item to make the scale fly. Of course the heli must be flyable in the 1st place.

Mini-Titan heli is OK. To check whether this heli can use on your desire fuselage, you need to measure the dimension or physically place the heli in the fuselage. If it can fit in, then it an use. If cannot, u need to modify it. If modification is too much, then either u don't use that combination (fuselage and mini-titan) or avoid using that fuselage. If u really want that fuselage, then don't use Mini-Titan.

Those fuselage that is specially design for a particular heli's model can fit onto it with minimal or no modification.

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X