Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scale is very nice to fly but crashes can be very very painful... so thinking of keeping at least one capable pod-and-boom for practice and learning.

Some updated pics of the heli...

Just the heli again... doesn't look too much different, but it's got the lights installed and a custom fabricated extention tray to hold the light circuit and the 9V battery powering the lights.

The front end. Skid lighting doesn't flash but the one on the fuselage and the two on the tail flash in sequence. Also have the RX controlled landing light installed in the front of the fuse but it's not turned on here.

Tail lighting - made the two mounting points for the LEDs. Upper one is machined from aluminum rod and the lower one is fabricated from styrene plastic.

Comment

Very Nicely Done! Somemore you machined a mount for the LED somemore you got tools for machining at home?
      Kill them all, let hell sort them out

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpionM2
        Very Nicely Done! Somemore you machined a mount for the LED somemore you got tools for machining at home?
        ya... mill and lathe.

My other passion is electric monster trucks. This was done several years ago...

Comment

U done a pretty neat job! Keep it up! I like the landing lights.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
            U done a pretty neat job! Keep it up! I like the landing lights.

SH
            thanks! couldn't have done it without the advice given by you and the others here.

Thinking of how I can add some of the antennaes and other stuff to increase the detail of the heli.

I notice the markings on the heli blades on many scale heli. Are these typically painted on or is there some specific film to use?

Comment

Yes some real heli does have some markings and wordings on it. More like serial number or date of tracking I think. For wordings and logo, the easiest will be using some sticker type.

Most of the blades are just color painted with some theme. U have:
              Matt Black with Yellow Tip
              Matt Black with Red tip (Mosly in MD500E)
              Matt Black
              Black and White strip
              White on top and Black on bottom.
              Grey (mostly in EC135)

SH

Comment

Here is my MD500E tail skids.

It was made from 2 brass tubing. One bigger tubing cut to become a "C" or "U" shape. Drill a hole in between. Then the smaller tubing is bend to shape. Put the smaller tubing through the hole. Epoxy tail skids to the tail fin. Too lazy to file to shape and paint it blue though.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                  Here is my MD500E tail skids.

It was made from 2 brass tubing. One bigger tubing cut to become a "C" or "U" shape. Drill a hole in between. Then the smaller tubing is bend to shape. Put the smaller tubing through the hole. Epoxy tail skids to the tail fin. Too lazy to file to shape and paint it blue though.

SH
                  Thanks again SH!

Comment

Working...
                  X