Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suitable scale fuselage for Mini Titan E325?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chaos
    I certainly don't fly mine upside down, but that is lack of talent rather than lack of performance.

Obviously, the weight does go up because you have to carry the body, which is made from 0.8mm or 1.0mm pet-g depending on the part. This makes the heli a bit more docile. I also think the weight is more towards the tail rotor, because I had to re-trim mine with forward collective. I also changed to carbon blades at the same time, so this may have had an effect too.

If 3-D is your thing, scale bodies are probably not a good idea anyway. With the 3-D capability of the mini-t, there are no issues carrying the scale bodies and still having good performance.
    The fibreglass body is transparent when NIB? And you need to paint it from inside?

I would choose Olive Drab which is closer to the Real McCoy, but then this would make it very difficult to observe in flight.
    "Keep Fly'in Till They're Dry."
    Mini Titan E325 SE Version
    Full CNC Metal Rotor and Tail
    Futaba GY401/Futaba 9257
    Hitec Optic 6 Electron/HS65HB
    Maiden on 26 Aug 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
      Q: Is it always like that with scale flying.. as in always 'venturing into unknown territories'??
      A: Yes and No. If you were to get those scale that produce by the same manufacturer of your heli, or specially design for your heli, then it should be easy, straight forward or no/minimal modification is require.
      Take example, if u get Align A-109/EC135 for TRex, then it is straight forward.
      But if u get a scale from manufacturer A and u going to use for your helicopter that manufactured by B, then chances u need to do quite high degree of modification. It is either cannot work or u really have to hack it till it work.

"Last time I bought a 1:32 Apache fuselage for HB T also cannot fit.."
      Well if u go for scale ratio, then u have to see or know the real heli size is how big. Do mathematic calculation and u will know how big a 1:32 will be.

SH
      SH, thanks for the reply.

I've sold off my HB T, the Apache will be assembled back as a model display (I have 2 liao!)

Anyway, I've decided to improve my flying with Mini Titan, then move on to scale after I've mastered figure-8!
      "Keep Fly'in Till They're Dry."
      Mini Titan E325 SE Version
      Full CNC Metal Rotor and Tail
      Futaba GY401/Futaba 9257
      Hitec Optic 6 Electron/HS65HB
      Maiden on 26 Aug 2007

Comment

The mini titan is already such a heavy heli pig to fly. If add on a scale fuselage, I think it is going to make the batteries and motor super hot and flight time reduce to less than 5 minutes. Trex will probably be better for scale flying as it is much lighter.
        Heli 1 : Trex XL CDE modified

Heli 2: CopterX450SEV2

Comment

The fuselage is made of pet-g (think cola bottles), so is surprisingly light. It can be painted inside or out, but I think outside is better.

Gluing the parts together can cause the transparent pet-g to go a little bit white, so (I think) you would see this if you painted on the inside. I did my UH-1 on the outside. Make sure you buy the glue recommended by the shop, it works really well. I tried super glue at first and it didn't work at all.

With regards to flight times, I can get 10 - 12 mins flight time from 2200 lipo, although more agressive flying reduces it to 8 - 10 mins. It does get hot, but it did with the original canopy anyway. I can't comment on scale flying with the t-rex, it may be a better option, but I don't have one, I'm happy with my mini-t. Anyway, the UH-1 is meant to be a heavy heli pig.....

Comment

Working...
          X