Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mad Armour View Post
    Wanna learn cannot be lazy...... Just drive to PA East Coast. There's a shop there selling kitesurfing gear. Think they offer training. I went there before.

You need waterproof kite, maybe one with inflatable ribs so that it does not collapse in a pile of heap in water, which makes relaunching literally impossible.

Think NAISH makes some nice kites for kitesurfing. Be prepared to pay. Else you convince PANSH to make one. Hahahahahaha..........
    Haha.. you've been there and done that

Will have to put these extreme sports on hold at the moment.... something of highest priority happened last week. Will have to take things easy from now

Comment

Wanna learn cannot be lazy...... Just drive to PA East Coast. There's a shop there selling kitesurfing gear. Think they offer training. I went there before.
      There is?! Hmm...now things are going to be difficult. I thought that as long as no one offers a kitesurfing course, I'm safe. But with this info, kitesurfing is becoming a possibility.

Damn expensive, though.
      I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie View Post
        Haha.. you've been there and done that

Will have to put these extreme sports on hold at the moment.... something of highest priority happened last week. Will have to take things easy from now
        Yup, after seeing a chap kitesurfing at Punggol Beach, I went to do some checking. However, my info is at least 2 years' old.
        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed View Post
          There is?! Hmm...now things are going to be difficult. I thought that as long as no one offers a kitesurfing course, I'm safe. But with this info, kitesurfing is becoming a possibility.

Damn expensive, though.
          You're right on the expensive part but I guess it's just initial investment.
          For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Yup, after seeing a chap kitesurfing at Punggol Beach, I went to do some checking. However, my info is at least 2 years' old.
            I also saw two chaps kitesurfing at Punggol Beach abt 3yrs ago. One guy is an ang mo and the other is a Sinaporean.

Comment

Seems like kitesurfing hasn't been growing much for the last 2 yrs

Comment

I remember being told that it's not legal in S'pore. Is it true?

Anyway, from what I've seen, it's almost and exercise in futility to kitesurf in S'pore winds. The guys seems to be struggling more than having fun.

I've seen them struggling to hold the kite steady while edging towards the water where their boards are. Then I see them struggling to put on their boards with one hand while controlling the kite with the other, and all the while they are trying not to sink. Then when they finally get on their boards, the wind either drops or blows them back to shore.

Gosh. I haven't gone kiting in AGES!!!
                I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed View Post
                  Anyway, from what I've seen, it's almost and exercise in futility to kitesurf in S'pore winds. The guys seems to be struggling more than having fun.

I've seen them struggling to hold the kite steady while edging towards the water where their boards are. Then I see them struggling to put on their boards with one hand while controlling the kite with the other, and all the while they are trying not to sink. Then when they finally get on their boards, the wind either drops or blows them back to shore.
                  Yup ! ...you just about described the Wind-surfing scene in Sg too !

After spending truckload of $$$$$ and going thru 3 GF, over a 7-8 years period, I gave up ! (around 1994)
                  After doing some detailed calculations, this has got to be the MOST expensive sport or hobby ! (Take the amount of money spent on equipment divided over the time actually spent using it)

Imagine ! ...every Sat and Sun you go down to the 'club', rig up your biggest sail, drag out your board and sit down and wait for the wind .................................end of the day still no wind, so you de-rig your sail, keep everything and go home !

And 70% of your "leisure time" is spent liddat !
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                    Yup ! ...you just about described the Wind-surfing scene in Sg too !

After spending truckload of $$$$$ and going thru 3 GF, over a 7-8 years period, I gave up ! (around 1994)
                    After doing some detailed calculations, this has got to be the MOST expensive sport or hobby ! (Take the amount of money spent on equipment divided over the time actually spent using it)

Imagine ! ...every Sat and Sun you go down to the 'club', rig up your biggest sail, drag out your board and sit down and wait for the wind .................................end of the day still no wind, so you de-rig your sail, keep everything and go home !

And 70% of your "leisure time" is spent liddat !
                    There we have it.............real life experience. Let's go back to land-based kiting. If no wind can just whip out the plane/heli and fly. It's a win-win situation for someone who's into rc and kite flying.

Comment

If no wind can just whip out the plane/heli and fly. It's a win-win situation for someone who's into rc and kite flying.
                      Couple of days back, I whip out my 2 year old pair of Nike Roller blades and the wheels fell off the blamed shoes !!!

...Guess everything made of Bio-degradable plastic now-a-days !
                      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                      X