Trex600N Pro: 01
    Kasama Srimok 90: 01
    TT Raptor 50: 10
    TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
    MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

Yalor, dun di it now, when? Wait until cannot walk?

Comment

Well i used to windsurf b4 i flew planes. kite surfing was at infancy then,

To start u need to know basic first.

Go for the basic training at east coast PA , then think of getting stuff. Professional stuff will be around SGD 1k-2k plus and there is monthly storage rate.

Beginner set , easy to get. I think it is like this plane hobby. Lots of people come and go fast. Training course will not be able to get you to kite surf, but hopefully it will give u idea of basic and lots of friends who are willing to teach u slow. Also tow you back when u need help.

Kite surfing takes lots of physical strength. Also must have a good back.
        Must swim. Also buy a good lifejacket. A snug fitting kind will be good rather than the standard bright orange one.

Comment

Bor,

check this site out

Jack_Mav88
          ---------------------------------------------
          Planes:
          1) 90mm Fiberglass F16
          2) RCL F16I
          3) Fly Fly 90mm MIG 29 (Building)
          4) Hyperion KI84 Hayate 40e (Selling)

Heli:
          1) Trex 700N (MWTS)
          2) E-Raptor 620
          3) RJX Extreme 90 (MWTS)
          4) Hurricane 550 (upgrading)

Comment

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
            Well i used to windsurf b4 i flew planes. kite surfing was at infancy then,

To start u need to know basic first.

Go for the basic training at east coast PA , then think of getting stuff. Professional stuff will be around SGD 1k-2k plus and there is monthly storage rate.

Beginner set , easy to get. I think it is like this plane hobby. Lots of people come and go fast. Training course will not be able to get you to kite surf, but hopefully it will give u idea of basic and lots of friends who are willing to teach u slow. Also tow you back when u need help.

Kite surfing takes lots of physical strength. Also must have a good back.
            Must swim. Also buy a good lifejacket. A snug fitting kind will be good rather than the standard bright orange one.

Whoa... sounds siong...
            Thanks for the info. Got any link for beginner before jumping in? PA webby does not offer any course on kite surfing.
            Guess will have to practice swimming in the open sea before jumping in. Any idea which part of the beach the group usually surf? I would love to drop by and stock them
            Many thanks for the headup.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_mav88 View Post
              Bor,

check this site out

http://www.kite.com.sg/
              Was at ECP last sat and sun .. Wind very strong on sat . Was on 8 wheels, so din fly kite. Saw that kitesurfer going up and down wind almost to the same spot. That's cool.
              Sun was windless. Sand literally drop straight down off my hand. Tried the 3m legend. Just as bad as what we experienced at tampines. Also got lots of sand in the kite

Based on the wind condition on sat, the 4.5m is staying in the bag The beach is pretty narrow too.

That site doesnt tell much. Need to find out what are the necessary equipment for a beginner. Will send them a email after I get back. In the meantime hopefully could get in touch with some local guru in this sport.
              You keen?

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie View Post
                Whoa... sounds siong...
                Thanks for the info. Got any link for beginner before jumping in? PA webby does not offer any course on kite surfing.
                Guess will have to practice swimming in the open sea before jumping in. Any idea which part of the beach the group usually surf? I would love to drop by and stock them
                Many thanks for the headup.
                hi Orangie..

previously, i did searching thru internet for the kite surfing course in singapore.. but there arent any.. so i guess the nearest will be at Thailand..

anyway.. what 4.5m kite do u own and where do u usually fly?
                maybe we can fly together sometimes..
                sigpic

Comment

Guys,
                  just go down to east coast and learn to wakeboard first if you are really keen.

That is your first step.

From there u can find people to point u to kite surfing.

Comment

Trend for Kite surfing in singapore is picking up....sad to say there is no one teaching in singapore. You can go down east coast PA and look for the lady boss Rachel in the pro shop she can guide you where to pick up kite surfing. Best place to learn is in Bali...

Comment

Originally posted by intrance View Post
                      hi Orangie..

previously, i did searching thru internet for the kite surfing course in singapore.. but there arent any.. so i guess the nearest will be at Thailand..

anyway.. what 4.5m kite do u own and where do u usually fly?
                      maybe we can fly together sometimes..
                      Wha loa... want to learn kite surfing have to go Thailand
                      Think will drop the idea for a monent

Pansh 4.5m at tampines cd field or power station. Still looking for location of more constant wind. Will try to avoid the beach.. too much sand

Comment

You are back..!! Got the 14MZ for my sickening frd or not.
                        Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
                        JR Vibe 50: 01
                        Trex600N Pro: 01
                        Kasama Srimok 90: 01
                        TT Raptor 50: 10
                        TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
                        MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TmMugen View Post
                          You are back..!! Got the 14MZ for my sickening frd or not.
                          Delivered

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie View Post
                            Wha loa... want to learn kite surfing have to go Thailand
                            Think will drop the idea for a monent

Pansh 4.5m at tampines cd field or power station. Still looking for location of more constant wind. Will try to avoid the beach.. too much sand
                            Ya drop the silly idea, later drown then you know, go get this la, the most backside pain or eat some sand and grass, I think alot of tampines flyer will support you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by b25 View Post
                              Ya drop the silly idea, later drown then you know, go get this la, the most backside pain or eat some sand and grass, I think alot of tampines flyer will support you
                              Webby pls

Comment

Working...
                              X