Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe yap
    The season maybe gone, but the sailplane fever hasn't even start to fade yet. Folks are gearing up for aerotow, hi-starts and even winch, not to mention the works on the models. At least I'm in the midst of fulfilling one of my dreams.
    Huh ? ...you forgot to mention the Phuket trip in July !

Btw, I was just thinking ! ...surely there must be some suitable slopes somewhere in Singapore which faces the SW ! ...we just have to scout around and sniff out these places.
    I've been keeping my eyes wide open and spotted a few ...will post the picts of the slope later (Gotta figure how to get these images outta my HP ! )
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
      Huh ? ...you forgot to mention the Phuket trip in July !

Btw, I was just thinking ! ...surely there must be some suitable slopes somewhere in Singapore which faces the SW ! ...we just have to scout around and sniff out these places.
      I've been keeping my eyes wide open and spotted a few ...will post the picts of the slope later (Gotta figure how to get these images outta my HP ! )

Yes! please let us know. So far, I have not spotted any here in Singapore, maybe there could be some spots on the West coast of Malaysia??

Comment

Guys, due to strange reason, wind was blowing today, quite strong too...

Comment

upz this thread started on same date 2 years ago.

winds starting to change, inter monsoon.

countdown begins...
          what's next?

Comment

Time to show off yer new gliders and dust off old ones.

Cheers,
            Adnan
            Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
            ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
            Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Haha, Joe and me was just talking about it yesterday. Batt cycling time.

Comment

Foamies KF slope Gliders designing time !
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Please update when the wind is blowing......I have the following gliders ready:

Petro 1.5m........ready
                  Elf 1.5m............ready
                  Bug..................ready
                  Ehawk2000........need to remove prop
                  Guppy 1.5m.......need to remove prop
                  Jart................. in the works
                  Cobra 2.6m........in transit

Yippee!

MS

Comment

lets go corroplas wing and do slope combat... ha...ha

3D flighting in the air and attacking (is not easy than control line )

zennith

Comment

Guys,

For the pass week, runway 02 has been in use in changi quite frequently. Upper wind is established constant 070/20-50 kts. The wind is hitting my living room window pass few days. Announcing the arrival of the noth east monsoon and the start of 2008 glider season.

Of course it will take some time to pick up. I will start posting the wind forcast from now on. Pls feedback as much as possible. Petrol cost is higher than ever, hopefully with better feedback, we will spend lesser time at the slop waiting for the wind.

cheers
                      happy soaring!-so exciting

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices View Post
                        Guys,

For the pass week, runway 02 has been in use in changi quite frequently. Upper wind is established constant 070/20-50 kts. The wind is hitting my living room window pass few days. Announcing the arrival of the noth east monsoon and the start of 2008 glider season.

Of course it will take some time to pick up. I will start posting the wind forcast from now on. Pls feedback as much as possible. Petrol cost is higher than ever, hopefully with better feedback, we will spend lesser time at the slop waiting for the wind.

cheers

oh no here we go again waiting for the wind to pickup.
                        last yaer i waited the whole 3 months and got nothing out of it except 1 flight with my fart...

Comment

Sounds like good news, I have a few stuff coming in parcels and locally, some dealers has EPP Fox in stock. Maybe will just go get one. Looks like a good candidate to start sloping.
                          Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
                          Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

J 0330Z 120/7kt 070V170 9999 FEWTC026 30/24 1010 NOSIG

Let the slope soaring season begin!!
                            F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
                            F5D Stratair Demon
                            F5D Jibe
                            Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
                            Voodoo S400
                            Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
                            La Racer 56

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices View Post
                              Guys,

cheers

Erm where is runway 02.... 2L, 2C or 2R?

Anyway u guys soaring at changi airport?!
                              Sengkang random flier

Comment

Yah, you guys have forgotten about the rain clouds that come along.

Comment

Working...
                                X