Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

were at the slope for a while today. Besides meeting some friends, it was almost a total waste of time. Wind was all the way from the left and gusty with no sun. Even the easy glider ended up in the tree. (by the way I am very sorry about it, its a case of trying too hard)

Will try again tomorrow. hopefully the sun will be out. Just check the weather, not much hope so pls dont hold your breath.

Cheers

Comment

Any good news for the wind direction?

Ya, I saw your easy glider crash into the trees too. Now I am contemplating on a foam glider instead of flying the balsa Bird of time.

Originally posted by Vortices
      Hi guys,

were at the slope for a while today. Besides meeting some friends, it was almost a total waste of time. Wind was all the way from the left and gusty with no sun. Even the easy glider ended up in the tree. (by the way I am very sorry about it, its a case of trying too hard)

Will try again tomorrow. hopefully the sun will be out. Just check the weather, not much hope so pls dont hold your breath.

Cheers

Comment

Had a short flight of about 10mins at the slope after work today. The wind was not blowing very good. Will try again tomorrow evening, I left all the stuffs in the car tonight.

MS

Comment

Originally posted by msc
          Had a short flight of about 10mins at the slope after work today. The wind was not blowing very good. Will try again tomorrow evening, I left all the stuffs in the car tonight.

MS
          .... lucky I didnt go. I saw 1 knot from the forecast
          sigpic
          FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Hi guys : many years ago , i was more lucky with good wind everyday. fly until don't feel like flying, wind so strong that you throw a chair the chair also fly. Now the situation is not like this.

It will be a luxury if we can get one good day of flight nowadays.

I solve this by using G3 last year. I bought a notebook which has a seperate graphic card and then I load in my G3. I go to office conference room during lunch time and I start to play with the notebook connect to the big screen and aircon on.(like bedok)

I can have 2 hrs flying and you control your own wind, difficulties etc.

what do you think guys?

By the way, I love glider so much that my call sign is "windgod" because I love the wind.

Comment

I used to stay in the blocks opp Bedok Reservoir. Yes, during that time (80s to 90s) the wind really was so strong you could hear it howling. Even my mom's potted plants in the corridor get blown over.

Now...I really should have a look, haven't been to Bedok Reservoir in many years!
              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

showing off-my turn

Originally posted by windgod
                Hi guys : many years ago , i was more lucky with good wind everyday. fly until don't feel like flying, wind so strong that you throw a chair the chair also fly. Now the situation is not like this.

It will be a luxury if we can get one good day of flight nowadays.

I solve this by using G3 last year. I bought a notebook which has a seperate graphic card and then I load in my G3. I go to office conference room during lunch time and I start to play with the notebook connect to the big screen and aircon on.(like bedok)

I can have 2 hrs flying and you control your own wind, difficulties etc.

what do you think guys?

By the way, I love glider so much that my call sign is "windgod" because I love the wind.

I do this all the time at home...

Comment

I think we should start a club like this...

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
                    I think we should start a club like this...
                    http://fly-high.kir.jp/civil/data/60...0801/index.htm
                    I second and nominate Joe Yap to be the innagural President.
                    now time to think of a good name...any suggestion anybody?

Comment

Team SoarSingapore.

Thanx!
                      SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lu wei yao
                        Team SoarSingapore.

Thanx!
                        I think the vice-president-to-be has spoken up too...

Cheers
                        Adnan
                        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

I second that too....

Comment

horray, now we hv the president and the vice president.

i recommend a towing expert--- mr gurt

i saw him tow the 4m glider at tuas.

Comment

Vice-president? Then i step down now, somebody has to replace me.
                              Too big a job.

Thanx!
                              SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

On a serious note though, to get a club running like this we would need support and approval of the proper authorities.

A concerted effort of all flyers to get it up and it is then needed to keep the club running smoothly. So an appointment of any leaders or appointment holders should be of unanimous/major vote of the flyers.

Just speaking my thoughts.

Cheers
                                Adnan
                                Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                                ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                                Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X