Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoRGotTeN
    drive up is real easy. good judgement and confidence will do the job. i been driving up and down that round cork for 2 full years since 2002.

but coming down that thing kills me ESPECIALLY when u hit 5th floor downwards.... people in front of you who "goh" with BRAKES ON all the way till ground floor and the speed is freaking 10 KM/hour.
    they "goh" brake becuase they are driving auto mah.. no "engine brake"

i too also find ppl going down quite slowly.. happens almost every carpark i have been to...
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

where's that O_O
      it is a big SOHO building, u cant miss it if u are in that area..
      For sale

Comment

learn how to throw the weight in front/behind/left/right. try braking before turning and acclerating while in a turn (not talking about initialD type turning hor) so you feel yourself pushed against/sideways the seat and your passengers wil feel safe and comfy. as long as don't throw people in front can liao... =.= i see people do that gimme very zah zah feeling... like u take metal key scratch metal make that eeeeee sound....

there are 101 things about driving i can share with... precision and control are the things i'm more interested with.
        Basically, when approach a corner :

1) Slow in, Fast out
        2) Fast in, Nothing come out

Always keep that in mind, esp wet roads.

Sometimes, I execute hand brake power slides thru corners. Drivers behind usually jaw drop looking at how I push the stock family saloon car to its limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
          Basically, when approach a corner :

1) Slow in, Fast out
          2) Fast in, Nothing come out

Always keep that in mind, esp wet roads.

Sometimes, I execute hand brake power slides thru corners. Drivers behind usually jaw drop looking at how I push the stock family saloon car to its limits.
          if i were behind ur car.. i'll also jaw drop..

hope u go for checks at a good mechanic like "espace" b4 going to track.. stock parts not v safe for those moves... and they normally give way here or there.. hope u dont take offence, just concerned..
          For sale

Comment

I still love driving. Been driving regularly since Dec 2002 when I got my 1st car. Esp on NSH or track.
            got my first car this january.. maybe cause its a manual.. at first you seem to enjoy driving a manual car, but now.. every morning traffic jam on the PIE.. i wish i had an auto!

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
              150 for the extra deposit sound quite ok..

brandon, u can try it to soothe ur itchy hands and foot first ;)

PCC.. what did u mean by "I am past conceivable age limits"? does this mean u are very old??

Yo John... no lah I not that old. But most age limits are either 18, 21 or thereabouts.

Comment

Sometimes its not ur fault n others crash into u!!! Then u have to fork out the excess 1st b4 talking abt repair. And the excess is pretty expensive for new drivers. If I'm not wrong, in the range of S$2K till 5K(for sporty car).
                sigh.... yah lor - siong man. Got so much to worry about for new drivers.

.....and a note to Brandon. I had to speak to the lady at citylimo's coop before she allowed me to take the cars. They have to sort of underwrite your case and your insurance coverage is different from other experienced drivers. And if you chose other options like travel to Malaysia, etc, it will be harder to get approved.

Comment

i was just about to ask the same thing, been hearing people say that the first car should be a manual, or at least drive one for a few months before going for an auto?

anyway someone mentioned i trying to hao lian? i'm just looking for advice on how i can continue moving on. i passed on my first try just like many other people so there's nothing to hao lian about

i really appreciate your recommendations. i will give the various car coops a call and see if we can work anything out.
                  JR 9x
                  Raptor 50 SE
                  Raptor 90 3D
                  Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                  Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                  Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
                    i was just about to ask the same thing, been hearing people say that the first car should be a manual, or at least drive one for a few months before going for an auto?

anyway someone mentioned i trying to hao lian? i'm just looking for advice on how i can continue moving on. i passed on my first try just like many other people so there's nothing to hao lian about

i really appreciate your recommendations. i will give the various car coops a call and see if we can work anything out.
                    Neber heard such a thing - as long as you like the car or the drive or it works for your needs can liow I guess.

Comment

Here is the website : https://www.cityspeed.com.sg

U can see the generic approval process there as well I think. And where the cars r (whether they are near to your place).

Cheers

Comment

golden show award actor may not get golden horse director u know?
                        wah you seem to reply to everybody's post.
                        Comparing acting to directing isn't like comparing flying to driving. That aside, if you do want to compare between these 2, think about Ron Howard, Mel Gibson and Quentin Tarantino just to name a few.

I still believe the discipline that u put in while learning how to fly is very relevent when learning and practicing driving.
                        F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
                        F5D Stratair Demon
                        F5D Jibe
                        Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
                        Voodoo S400
                        Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
                        La Racer 56

Comment

yes! thank you very much, actually i was just at the website when i came back here to take a look. i gave them a call and they are willing to rent out to me. the additional insurance fee is acceptable to me. i'm very happy with this because the locations are prices are as good as the ntuc one. once again thank you very much!
                          JR 9x
                          Raptor 50 SE
                          Raptor 90 3D
                          Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                          Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                          Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Originally posted by AceViperX
                            wah you seem to reply to everybody's post.
                            Comparing acting to directing isn't like comparing flying to driving. That aside, if you do want to compare between these 2, think about Ron Howard, Mel Gibson and Quentin Tarantino just to name a few.

I still believe the discipline that u put in while learning how to fly is very relevent when learning and practicing driving.
                            exceptions apply. like O level also can be big shot u know?

dun get me wrong, i'm merely replying in light hearted tone coz its TGIF!!! wewt!!!

no, brandon, read my post again. i say @ first impression like haolianing u pass license on first try. ^_^

for turning, example 90 degrees right turn cross junction:

slow down to 70 when approaching by PUSHING the brake, not SLAMMING the brake. there's a difference in applying sudden pressure and constant but increasing/decreasing pressure.

as u steer left by PULLING the steering wheel on the left side, not PUSHING, then u can feel and control the amount of resistance during that turn. release the brake once u start turning in by decreasing pressure then step on the accelerator pad abit and feel yourself being push backward in a comfy position.

the technique above will give u a comfy turn 90 degree @ 70-80km/hr, also depend how soft (roll) the undercarriage + spring is. but if retarded jam brake and turn all the way hor.... GG lar. after a few turns will feel like vomitting liao.

driving is same as flying, playing with the CG & inertia, at least thats how i feel.

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                              they "goh" brake becuase they are driving auto mah.. no "engine brake"

i too also find ppl going down quite slowly.. happens almost every carpark i have been to...
                              i was also driving auto car... but it had steptronic in those days. it was rover 45 with the k-series engine.

aiya can just intermittent brake lor. when i finish work i just feel like goh-ing down asap, must catch the sun mah.

anyway, unless maybe engine brake in gear 1.... u still need to brake in that ngee ann city carpark. LOL

just dun follow behind aunties... they TOO careful and they are always TOO safe to what is in front of them ONLY, causing accidents left, right, behind of them. glad i still 0 accidents after so many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
                                yes! thank you very much, actually i was just at the website when i came back here to take a look. i gave them a call and they are willing to rent out to me. the additional insurance fee is acceptable to me. i'm very happy with this because the locations are prices are as good as the ntuc one. once again thank you very much!
                                One other thing - u may want to signon to the mail offers and also check on the website occasionally once your account is activated. There are sometimes holiday and weekend offers that are significantly cheaper.

The person that serviced me was also very helpful - managed to make special arranged to have the account activated really quick. Told them I was really in need of a car.

Comment

Working...
                                X