Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey if he can get the top award in Youth Flying Club for flying, I'm very certain he can drive competently!
    No fear Brandon! Drive on!
    F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
    F5D Stratair Demon
    F5D Jibe
    Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
    Voodoo S400
    Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
    La Racer 56

Comment

bro, always remember, driving fast doesn't necessary make u a good driver, being in control does.... so drive safely.
      Futaba 8U Super/Spectrum DX7

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

"To be OLD & WISE, You must 1st have to be YOUNG & STUPID"

Comment

Originally posted by zeus
        bro, always remember, driving fast doesn't necessary make u a good driver, being in control does.... so drive safely.
        totally agree. ever since i started learning i've naturally observed how my friends, relatives and taxi drivers drive. have to say some people seem to grow complacent(as opposed to experienced) over time and seem to go at outrageously high speeds and swerving in and out of lanes even when sleepy or in heavy traffic.
        JR 9x
        Raptor 50 SE
        Raptor 90 3D
        Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
        Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
        Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
          there are new drivers all the time on the roads, maybe you should stay home and watch tv, although being a couch potato is an equally fast way of dying. noticed you're a new member as well so i assume you're a new flyer. let us know when you're flying so people can siam cos we don't wanna get killed when you are flying.

As for flying, dun worry cos i can alway play with paper plane but you are rite.....maybe i should stay home to watch TV might be a gd idea...

Comment

Originally posted by FoRGotTeN
            same. especially when u have to send your friends back after dinner, IS A DAMN SIAN JOB. i wish got chauffeur after full meal.

i passed my tp test on manual car in 2001, first try, deduct 8 points.

total cost: 400 SGD.
            Hi... can try the citylimo car coop. I got them to agree to let me join when I just got my license. But you have to put an additional deposit of 150 (if I didnt recall wrongly). But I do not know about their age restriction as I am past conceivable age limits.

Dun worry about accidents - its like flying rc planes. You are not supposed to crash (and real cars are much more stable than rc planes!!!) and if you dun try you will never know when is ok.

Have fun.....

Comment

sorry I quoted the wrong post - this should be in refernce to B Chng's note on car coop.

Comment

Originally posted by PCC
                Hi... can try the citylimo car coop. I got them to agree to let me join when I just got my license. But you have to put an additional deposit of 150 (if I didnt recall wrongly). But I do not know about their age restriction as I am past conceivable age limits.

Dun worry about accidents - its like flying rc planes. You are not supposed to crash (and real cars are much more stable than rc planes!!!) and if you dun try you will never know when is ok.

Have fun.....
                150 for the extra deposit sound quite ok..

brandon, u can try it to soothe ur itchy hands and foot first ;)

PCC.. what did u mean by "I am past conceivable age limits"? does this mean u are very old??
                For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by junyang
                  when i 1st got my license.. always itch to drive.. went to rent a car to drive.. if u wan the contact can PM me.. its around $70 a day for a honda civic.. including P plate surcharge.. fun driving around la.. but after gettign a car and driving everyday.. sick of driving liao.. wish got chauffer

I still love driving. Been driving regularly since Dec 2002 when I got my 1st car. Esp on NSH or track.

Comment

Originally posted by PCC

Have fun.....

Sometimes its not ur fault n others crash into u!!! Then u have to fork out the excess 1st b4 talking abt repair. And the excess is pretty expensive for new drivers. If I'm not wrong, in the range of S$2K till 5K(for sporty car).

Comment

i still remember my first accident.. kenna buang by bus in the side..(more like rough brushing) so kan cheong..
                      lucky repairs only abt 500 i think.. paid out of pocket.

it was my first car also so baopei it.. felt nervous and angry and lost.... now that i think of it.. i can laugh abt it
                      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by Syphonics
                        drive up ngee ann city carpark, see how long u take to reach 6th storey.
                        drive up is real easy. good judgement and confidence will do the job. i been driving up and down that round cork for 2 full years since 2002.

but coming down that thing kills me ESPECIALLY when u hit 5th floor downwards.... people in front of you who "goh" with BRAKES ON all the way till ground floor and the speed is freaking 10 KM/hour.

Comment

Originally posted by junyang
                          Try the carpark at "The Central" @ eu tong sen st...
                          where's that O_O

Comment

Originally posted by FlyerBoy
                            My advise to you is not to rent car cos you juz got yr license...yr licence not even 1 weeks.... if you damn suay, crash the rental car or got the rental car scratch... then yr pocket will burn a BIG BIG hole... you better think twice...One last advice to you... Drive carefully on the road and do us a favour.... when you are abt to drive on the road... let us noe in advance, so tat we will try to stay at home when you are on the road
                            hahahaha i agree about renting car, there's a risk there. best to play RC car!!!! ^_^"

but then hor, risks can be mitigated if taken in the right way. ^_^

joke aside, new drivers also need exposure, but the skill of controlling a car in varying conditions is something that can only be gained via trial and error (unless u have moolah to learn advanced driving) and FEEL it!!!! dun hug the steering wheel like some girls do, sit back, relax, travel at a controllable speed and feel the wheel bite the ground while u turn with varying brake pressure during entry points and mixture of accelerator + clutch.

learn how to throw the weight in front/behind/left/right. try braking before turning and acclerating while in a turn (not talking about initialD type turning hor) so you feel yourself pushed against/sideways the seat and your passengers wil feel safe and comfy. as long as don't throw people in front can liao... =.= i see people do that gimme very zah zah feeling... like u take metal key scratch metal make that eeeeee sound....

there are 101 things about driving i can share with... precision and control are the things i'm more interested with.

Comment

Originally posted by AceViperX
                              Hey if he can get the top award in Youth Flying Club for flying, I'm very certain he can drive competently!
                              No fear Brandon! Drive on!

golden show award actor may not get golden horse director u know?

Comment

beginning read this thread feels like... super hao lian.

after read read abit, you're asking what/how/where to practice your driving skill is it?

driving is like a feeling lar... depends on your type of character. i like to drive to kent ridge park last time after work to enjoy sunset and discuss work. during the journey will pass 99-bend. so make use of those bends to practice smooth driving while making sharp turns...

i feel its damn fun lar, coz no need to drive fast, and need to consistently use your body to feel the force. hahahahha

so for me, is more of a smooth + control instead of ramming the accelerator up straights.

Comment

Working...
                                X