Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks you guys for the sharing. Really learn a lot. Cheers to all

Comment

Thanks bozora for organizing the meet....

And thanks to everyone for giving me tips...
      Very fruitful session for me...

Thanks bros!
      My Honcho Blog -
      My Honcho Youtube Channel -
      SGCrawlers Forum -
      Facebook -

Comment

X-MEN Reunited Last Night!!!!!

Old Friends reunited...new Friendship Forged.

Many thanks for all who turn up (About 30+ participants) and for those who didn't manage to swing by, see you in the next meet.

Almost carpark full...so some folks resort to parking on the spiral no-park zone

It was a fantastic multi-rotor friendly exchange and discussion.

Here're the pix from last nite session....I look forward to organizing more x-men meet up.

Attached Files

Comment

Yeah! Very meeting. So we see each others again on this Sunday for fun flying and test flights at 2 pm, right?

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare8118 View Post
            Thanks you guys for the sharing. Really learn a lot. Cheers to all
            You r mos welcome .nice to have you at the meet...I planning a next meetup already ..next time..I'll be more focus covering multi rotor build and setup...the first meet as a little chaotic. To many questions from to many flyers

Comment

Originally posted by boolean21 View Post
              Thanks bozora for organizing the meet....

And thanks to everyone for giving me tips...
              Very fruitful session for me...

Thanks bros!
              Most welcome bro...advise and tips are free see u at the next meet

Comment

Originally posted by bozora View Post
                Most welcome bro...advise and tips are free see u at the next meet
                Wondering when u all will be meeting up? Looking forward to join u guys..

Comment

Originally posted by tom99sg View Post
                  Wondering when u all will be meeting up? Looking forward to join u guys..
                  Hi Bro, we get together every Tue, Thur and Fri evening to chit chat abt multi-rotors. Feel free to join us. Most of us have our regular day job and will only reach there after work to relak (say abt 8pm)

However, Speeder (Zhirong) is always there to tackle any queries you have though.

Comment

Hi Folks

There's quite a fair bit of people who pm and text me regarding which flight controller to choose for their quad.

Well, here's my opinion

1) First up, I'm one who prefer more flight time over tweak time, you wont go wrong with the DJI or ZeroUAV solutions.

2) My preference slants toward the DJI solutions - naza m for a simple 4 rotors and the wkm for the hexacopter and beyond. Very easy to setup and tweak and you get to fly it in no time. I setup my dji450 using Futaba's s-bus system to void connecting a bunch of wires (A, E, T, R, U, X1. Some will say s-bus not proven...but it worked well for me.

3) The zerouavs YS-X4 and X6 are also my flight controller of choice but these are reserved for bigger quads and motor rotors (eg DJI F-550 or Xaircraft) - the flight controller module + power management module / cables + wifi/bt uplink module are fairly chunky. One great advantage of these controllers amongst all the other frills (e.g. smart takeoff and hover, encircle mode, follow me mode) is that it allows me to easily set and tweak my quad on the fly via an Android or Ipad smart devices without lugging along my notebook to the field.

On the downside...instructions for the zerouavs isnt as clear as the DJI - due the the direct Chinese to English translation...took me a while to familiarize with their lingo.

4) Next comes the apm2.5 which I purchased recently along with the Ublox GPS...quite a different animal compared to the off-the-shelves solutions (like the zeros and dii). Dont expect it to just solder, connect and fly....you can't. I have scouted arducopter forum for the best PID setting, tried many different PIDs setting, expecting it to perform like the naza m...well it cant (at least for me).

apm uses a bunch of terms in which you need get yourself familiarize with.

a) Loiter Mode (aka GPS att mode)
                    Well for me, as the name implies....it literally loiter around and quite hard to hold on to a fix position even if it has all the sats acquisition.

b) Stabilize mode (aka Not-So Stabilize Mode)
                    All round best mode to fly....however mine cant really take the wind unlike the other off-the shelves.

c) Att Hold
                    Never quite hold for me, even after countless craft calibration, TX auto calibration....

I'll probably need to spent more time tinkering with the apm.

All-in all I'm happy with the current off-the-shelves implementation./

Pls note that the above is purely my personal views on what's out there.

Comment

yes, I kinda agree with bozora. I too would prefer more flight time than ground time. I'd choose a more robust system to fly'

Comment

Hi Folks

There's quite a fair bit of people who pm and text me regarding which flight controller to choose for their quad.

Well, here's my opinion

1) First up, I'm one who prefer more flight time over tweak time, you wont go wrong with the DJI or ZeroUAV solutions.

2) My preference slants toward the DJI solutions - naza m for a simple 4 rotors and the wkm for the hexacopter and beyond. Very easy to setup and tweak and you get to fly it in no time. I setup my dji450 using Futaba's s-bus system to void connecting a bunch of wires (A, E, T, R, U, X1. Some will say s-bus not proven...but it worked well for me.

3) The zerouavs YS-X4 and X6 are also my flight controller of choice but these are reserved for bigger quads and motor rotors (eg DJI F-550 or Xaircraft) - the flight controller module + power management module / cables + wifi/bt uplink module are fairly chunky. One great advantage of these controllers amongst all the other frills (e.g. smart takeoff and hover, encircle mode, follow me mode) is that it allows me to easily set and tweak my quad on the fly via an Android or Ipad smart devices without lugging along my notebook to the field.

On the downside...instructions for the zerouavs isnt as clear as the DJI - due the the direct Chinese to English translation...took me a while to familiarize with their lingo.

4) Next comes the apm2.5 which I purchased recently along with the Ublox GPS...quite a different animal compared to the off-the-shelves solutions (like the zeros and dii). Dont expect it to just solder, connect and fly....you can't. I have scouted arducopter forum for the best PID setting, tried many different PIDs setting, expecting it to perform like the naza m...well it cant (at least for me).

apm uses a bunch of terms in which you need get yourself familiarize with.

a) Loiter Mode (aka GPS att mode)
                        Well for me, as the name implies....it literally loiter around and quite hard to hold on to a fix position even if it has all the sats acquisition.

b) Stabilize mode (aka Not-So Stabilize Mode)
                        All round best mode to fly....however mine cant really take the wind unlike the other off-the shelves.

c) Att Hold
                        Never quite hold for me, even after countless craft calibration, TX auto calibration....

I'll probably need to spent more time tinkering with the apm.

All-in all I'm happy with the current off-the-shelves implementation./

Pls note that the above is purely my personal views on what's out there.
                        Spot on bro. For guys who want to fly more than sitting in front of the PC, Naza would be the way to go. Super stable with stock settings. With a bit of tweaking, very stable. KK 2, for those on a budget. for the price, its amazing. For others who like tinkering/tuning/setting up, there are a lot of FCs.

Comment

Cool! I am an Arduino FC user. I find that Arduino is more versatile and supports other such as fixed wing. It is a hidden jewel if you dare to take on the challenge to configure it. Look at how KK 2.0 fly. It is super stable and cheap at USD30.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
                            Cool! I am an Arduino FC user. I find that Arduino is more versatile and supports other such as fixed wing. It is a hidden jewel if you dare to take on the challenge to configure it. Look at how KK 2.0 fly. It is super stable and cheap at USD30.

Thanks Weng Wah for posting...and yes I got it stabilize as in the video on my apm2.5 ...indoor. However I realize that it doesnt quite hold altitude. I need constant adjustments. The internal baro doesn't quite worked well for me. Outdoor is stable under moderate wind...but again altitude doesnt quite hold. Can you or the folks out there share your PID in loiter, stabilize and att hold for your dji450. I could be having a wrong pid setting. My kaki went up to meet with Janni in Thailand who sells the arduino....he flies it slightly better. but again the att hold and landing is fairly jittery.

Till it get stabilise I prolly use the ArduRover profile in my truck

Comment

FYI, this Arduino board is very versatile. You can use it on Fixed Wing, Rover and even building robot. I beg that there is no way that Naza can beat the opensource community.

Btw, have you tried the AndroPilot on Android Tablet? You should try that out.

Thanks Weng Wah for posting...and yes I got it stabilize as in the video on my apm2.5 ...indoor. However I realize that it doesnt quite hold altitude. I need constant adjustments. The internal baro doesn't quite worked well for me. Outdoor is stable under moderate wind...but again altitude doesnt quite hold. Can you or the folks out there share your PID in loiter, stabilize and att hold for your dji450. I could be having a wrong pid setting. My kaki went up to meet with Janni in Thailand who sells the arduino....he flies it slightly better. but again the att hold and landing is fairly jittery.

Till it get stabilise I prolly use the ArduRover profile in my truck

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
                                FYI, this Arduino board is very versatile. You can use it on Fixed Wing, Rover and even building robot. I beg that there is no way that Naza can beat the opensource community.

Btw, have you tried the AndroPilot on Android Tablet? You should try that out.
                                Yes I'm aware of its versatility having play with the mission planner quite a bit. I'm still gunning for DJI for its stability and holding for now...My application or usage is quite focus as I use the quad mainly for AP / Aerial vid and live feed where image stability is key (though all these app now requires permit). My interest in tinkering with codes and pid died-ed awhile ago (2.5 years back I was still meddling with the hitec robonova, proximity and other sensors, trying out different basic programming codes) LOL. My goal now is to get a perfect jello and vibe free video with minimal post production on a hobby grade quad (not those expensive cinestar and droidworx).

Comment

Working...
                                X