Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F30As.... IMHO Best 30A ESCs flashable with SimonK.

Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
      F30As.... IMHO Best 30A ESCs flashable with SimonK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html
      +1 for the fully N-fets.

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
        +1 for the fully N-fets.
        also external oscilloscopes, contact pads in a row, low price, low DoA rates.

Comment

also external oscilloscopes, contact pads in a row, low price, low DoA rates.
          +2 for the price too!

Comment

Regarding the NEO-6M GPS, in order to change in from the default 1Hz refresh rate to something workable like 5Hz or 10 Hz, is there any other way of doing it other than buying an FTDI dongle to reprogram it? I was wondering, since the Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller already has an FTDI Chipset on it which allows it to interface via USB, is there a way of programming the GPS through the FC? This would eliminate the need of buying an FTDI dongle, which is IMHO, quite costly for a small little chip. Wonder if PL2303 chips would work? It's much cheaper.

Comment

Nope so far I haven't found a way to flash the GPS directly thru the FC.
              You need to connect the GPS to a FTDI to flash it.

FTDI is like $4.65?

Comment

Regarding the NEO-6M GPS, in order to change in from the default 1Hz refresh rate to something workable like 5Hz or 10 Hz, is there any other way of doing it other than buying an FTDI dongle to reprogram it? I was wondering, since the Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller already has an FTDI Chipset on it which allows it to interface via USB, is there a way of programming the GPS through the FC? This would eliminate the need of buying an FTDI dongle, which is IMHO, quite costly for a small little chip. Wonder if PL2303 chips would work? It's much cheaper.
                Actually I think you might be able to set that in the multiwii/megapirate firmware config.h before flashing the FC. That setting might not be handled on the GPS but instead on the FC. outside now so can't really verify.

Comment

Nope so far I haven't found a way to flash the GPS directly thru the FC.
                  You need to connect the GPS to a FTDI to flash it.

FTDI is like $4.65?

Hahaha yeah, thanks for the reply. I just found out that HK sells it for $4.65. Was looking at eBay because I thought HK didn't have it.

Comment

hi,
                    was reading this thread and got interested in the MultiWii Pro flight controller...
                    apologies to hijack this thread... :P

any bros had success with this flight controller from hobbyking?
                    i'm a total newbie.... all my quad experience is with the tiny little hubsan quad.

i read thru this thread and the HK site and seems that the MultiWii pro has altitude hold, position hold and return to home function at a fraction of the cost of the naza...

does it have "home lock" function like the naza as well?

as a newbie, i feel that these functions are important for me... at least it will cut down the learning curve of flying...

will the MultiWii quad be comparable with one with naza fc?

and also, is there any recommendations for the the frames, motors, esc (i saw that the bros recommended one of the esc) and propellers?

thanks for your time.
                    My Honcho Blog -
                    My Honcho Youtube Channel -
                    SGCrawlers Forum -
                    Facebook -

Comment

I'll just answer what I can answer... The rest, I'll leave it to Kaen, the master of multi rotors to elucidate.

Originally posted by boolean21 View Post
                      i read thru this thread and the HK site and seems that the MultiWii pro has altitude hold, position hold and return to home function at a fraction of the cost of the naza...

Yes, it is a fraction of the cost of Naza, and if you buy it from HK, it includes GPS. But, one big problem/challenge would be the ease of setting it all up. With the Naza, you can pretty much plug and play (okay, not exactly, but close), but with the MultiWii, you'll have to do a lot of configurations before you can get it flying well. If you're good with code, and C programming, it'd be a breeze. Otherwise, it's not impossible, but nowhere near the convenience of Naza.

If what you mean by "home lock" is "carefree" mode, then yes, it does have such a mode. Useful when your quad gets out of sight or when you've lost orientation. Then again, RTH would be a better function if you have GPS, just flick the switch and it'll come back.

Heh, if you watch videos online of a Naza with a steady GPS lock in position hold, then MultiWii doesn't get close, but it does work, still. But before that, it takes quite a bit of tuning for MultiWii to be satisfactory.

and also, is there any recommendations for the the frames, motors, esc (i saw that the bros recommended one of the esc) and propellers?
                      I can't dictate what sort of ESC, motor, frame combination you need because your needs will vary. Are you going to do FPV? Heavy Lifting? Sport flying? Warthox kind of flying? All of them call for different setups...

Yeah, I do recommend getting the SimonK flashable F-30a ESCs from Hobbyking. There are pre-flashed version available from RCTimer as well; they're a tad more expensive, but have been reported to be very smooth.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Well, the setup of multiwii 2.2 is not as difficult as you imagine.

I had it setup on Crius AIOP v1 with LEA-6m (2.5m accuracy).

IMHO, the multiwii is very versatile and accommodate to different type of configuration to support very sophisticated setup such as an autonomous flying drone.

DJI is a Product and being a Product it has very limited functionality. You can only FLY up, left, right and down. It does not support aerobatic, no autonomous flying capability, etc.

If you are exploring enough, go get the Crius AIOP v2. As for ESC, you can get the Turnigy Plush 20A with a 1000kv motor 2212.

If you encounter problem, post it here and the expert of MultiWii will help.

FYI, I also have the KK 2.0 and it was a great FC for Fun Flying.

hi,
                        was reading this thread and got interested in the MultiWii Pro flight controller...
                        apologies to hijack this thread... :P

any bros had success with this flight controller from hobbyking?
                        i'm a total newbie.... all my quad experience is with the tiny little hubsan quad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as a newbie, i feel that these functions are important for me... at least it will cut down the learning curve of flying...

thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post

IMHO, the multiwii is very versatile and accommodate to different type of configuration to support very sophisticated setup such as an autonomous flying drone.

DJI is a Product and being a Product it has very limited functionality. You can only FLY up, left, right and down. It does not support aerobatic, no autonomous flying capability, etc.

If you are exploring enough, go get the Crius AIOP v2. As for ESC, you can get the Turnigy Plush 20A with a 1000kv motor 2212.

I think DJI does have autonomous flying. With GPS that is, and some data link. The whole thing amounts close to a thousand bucks easily.

Nice video bro, glad to see that the KK2 worked for you. Just wondering, was it very windy when you filmed your video? Because from the video below, the Naza has a rock solid hold. Seriously, it's almost a perfect hold for the Naza. Anyone managed to get the same results with the APM 2.5 or AIOP?

Comment

I'll just answer what I can answer... The rest, I'll leave it to Kaen, the master of multi rotors to elucidate.

Yes, it is a fraction of the cost of Naza, and if you buy it from HK, it includes GPS. But, one big problem/challenge would be the ease of setting it all up. With the Naza, you can pretty much plug and play (okay, not exactly, but close), but with the MultiWii, you'll have to do a lot of configurations before you can get it flying well. If you're good with code, and C programming, it'd be a breeze. Otherwise, it's not impossible, but nowhere near the convenience of Naza.

If what you mean by "home lock" is "carefree" mode, then yes, it does have such a mode. Useful when your quad gets out of sight or when you've lost orientation. Then again, RTH would be a better function if you have GPS, just flick the switch and it'll come back.

Heh, if you watch videos online of a Naza with a steady GPS lock in position hold, then MultiWii doesn't get close, but it does work, still. But before that, it takes quite a bit of tuning for MultiWii to be satisfactory.

I can't dictate what sort of ESC, motor, frame combination you need because your needs will vary. Are you going to do FPV? Heavy Lifting? Sport flying? Warthox kind of flying? All of them call for different setups...

Yeah, I do recommend getting the SimonK flashable F-30a ESCs from Hobbyking. There are pre-flashed version available from RCTimer as well; they're a tad more expensive, but have been reported to be very smooth.

Hope this helps.
                            hi bro,
                            thanks for the reply.

yeah, i've see videos on quads with naza gps hold very nicely... and with the naza gps, seems to cut down the learning curve for a newbie like me to get the quad in the air...

for the MultiWii, are there any existing source codes to modify from? any libraries to use? or do we have to start from scratch from things like reading the pwm from the receiver output?

actually, i just need something stable.... for aerial video and maybe fpv in the future...
                            just need the quad to lift a gopro + gimbal....

i think gps would be essential for me as i would really need the "home lock", position hold and altitude hold.

any recommendations?
                            My Honcho Blog -
                            SGCrawlers Forum -
                            Facebook -

Comment

thanks for sharing the video bro...

the multiwii can do autonomous flying? via preprogrammed waypoints?
                              this really interests me...

the dji wookong can do autonomous flying, but like what bro perdification mentioned... it costs >$1k for the flight controller... which is out of my budget for now...

are you able to get a comparable position hold on the multiwii?

any good reference websites to share for me to look up more information on the multiwii and source codes to have a better idea of what i will be getting myself in?

thanks.

Originally posted by wengwah View Post

My Honcho Blog -
                              SGCrawlers Forum -
                              Facebook -

Comment

hi bro,
                                thanks for the reply.

yeah, i've see videos on quads with naza gps hold very nicely... and with the naza gps, seems to cut down the learning curve for a newbie like me to get the quad in the air...

for the MultiWii, are there any existing source codes to modify from? any libraries to use? or do we have to start from scratch from things like reading the pwm from the receiver output?

actually, i just need something stable.... for aerial video and maybe fpv in the future...
                                just need the quad to lift a gopro + gimbal....

i think gps would be essential for me as i would really need the "home lock", position hold and altitude hold.

any recommendations?
                                Many of the FCs are stable... It's a lot about tuning. I wonder what happened to brother Kaen... He'd be the best person to look for.

Writing code to read PWM outputs would be taking things a little far... All that is done. MultiWii itself is actually a complete flight control firmware, and not the name of the FC...

I would personally choose between the APM 2.5 and the Hobbyking MultiWii and Megapirate AIO Board. If your planning on doing AP, then I guess those would be fine, they have gimbal controls built in... If you have the money, take a look at DJI WooKong M.

Comment

Working...
                                X