Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boolean21 View Post
    thanks for sharing the video bro...

the multiwii can do autonomous flying? via preprogrammed waypoints?
    this really interests me...

the dji wookong can do autonomous flying, but like what bro perdification mentioned... it costs >$1k for the flight controller... which is out of my budget for now...

are you able to get a comparable position hold on the multiwii?

any good reference websites to share for me to look up more information on the multiwii and source codes to have a better idea of what i will be getting myself in?

thanks.
    Do a search on Google, you'll see more information...

Here's a video to your question:

Comment

I don't know why guys, but APM 2.5 and MultiWii just doesn't seem to position hold as well as the Naza... from all the videos I've seen. APM 2.5 has the auto tuning feature, which I'm not quite sure about. Do check it out.

Here's another video on the position hold capabilities of MultiWii. Not really impressive when you've watched the Naza position hold. Naza's almost dead center.

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
        Many of the FCs are stable... It's a lot about tuning. I wonder what happened to brother Kaen... He'd be the best person to look for.

Writing code to read PWM outputs would be taking things a little far... All that is done. MultiWii itself is actually a complete flight control firmware, and not the name of the FC...

I would personally choose between the APM 2.5 and the Hobbyking MultiWii and Megapirate AIO Board. If your planning on doing AP, then I guess those would be fine, they have gimbal controls built in... If you have the money, take a look at DJI WooKong M.

Do a search on Google, you'll see more information...

Here's a video to your question:
        thanks for the info bro...

let me go google and read up more info on the stuffs you mentioned...

dji wookong m is quite a distant away for me now...
        i think i would need focus on getting a quad in the air carrying a gopro taking acceptable quality videos.... before looking more about autonomous flights...

thanks for the info again...
        will do more serious googling...
        My Honcho Blog -
        My Honcho Youtube Channel -
        SGCrawlers Forum -
        Facebook -

Comment

been really busy lately... maybe I have time to post on friday.

multiwii uses i2c for gps... which isnt as good as APM2.5's underlying architecture (can't rem what it's called).
          i2c is also very prone to errors and interference... also most people don't know how to shield their sensitive electronics from EMF.
          Naza's GPS pole forces u to mount it away from the FC/escs for minimal interference...

you kinda get what you pay for... the original APM2.5 is much better than the clones/copies.
          But for the price u pay for those MWC clones... it's hard to complain...

p.s - to everyone who's pm'ed me questions... paiseh too tired to reply...

p.p.s - I have one of those cheapo mwc clones too and tons of sensors coz they are so cheeeep.

Comment

You should go for a DJI if you want a product which is design to be slow, unresponsive but steady. I am a hobbyist who goes beyond the slow unresponsive flight that DJI offers, I go for aerobatic style of flying.

FYI, I am building a wooden frame quadcopter for fpv ....

thanks for the info bro...

let me go google and read up more info on the stuffs you mentioned...

dji wookong m is quite a distant away for me now...
            i think i would need focus on getting a quad in the air carrying a gopro taking acceptable quality videos.... before looking more about autonomous flights...

thanks for the info again...
            will do more serious googling...

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
              You should go for a DJI if you want a product which is design to be slow, unresponsive but steady. I am a hobbyist who goes beyond the slow unresponsive flight that DJI offers, I go for aerobatic style of flying.

I thought I was the only one who thought that DJI Naza seems reluctant to move... It seems way too steady, till it's kinda sluggish. You can bang the sticks around and you'd still be able to rescue it.

Glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

Anyway, where are you flying wengwah? I'd join you if I were nearby.

Comment

Hi Kean
                My multiwii pro, I dont have poshold and GPS function (the GPS connected correctly & the small LED lighted up red)

Multi wii GUI indicate 0 and the satalite show top right flashing red dot.

Flightcontroller blue light flashing

how to "on " it or what should i must do ?

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
                  Hi Kean
                  My multiwii pro, I dont have poshold and GPS function (the GPS connected correctly & the small LED lighted up red)

Multi wii GUI indicate 0 and the satalite show top right flashing red dot.

Flightcontroller blue light flashing

how to "on " it or what should i must do ?
                  Did you change the baud rate/program the GPS beforehand? I don't know if the HK GPS comes preprogrammed at 5/10Hz.

Comment

PMperdification

I follow this thread instruction , and the baud is 11520

Discussion MultiWii on HK MultiWii Mega Board WITH MTK 3329 GPS Multirotor Drone Electronics

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post

Thanks for the advise bro....

Aerobatics are not for me at the moment.... i wished i have nimble fingers like you guys....
                      I seen some multiwii quads on youtube that holds quite nicely too...

Will go read up more first...

Thanks.
                      My Honcho Blog -
                      SGCrawlers Forum -
                      Facebook -

Comment

Thanks for the advise bro....

Aerobatics are not for me at the moment.... i wished i have nimble fingers like you guys....
                        I seen some multiwii quads on youtube that holds quite nicely too...

Will go read up more first...

Thanks.
                        If you're going for aerial photography (which I remember you saying, do correct me if I'm wrong), I think the stability and unresponsiveness of the Naza would be perfect.

Comment

If you're going for aerial photography (which I remember you saying, do correct me if I'm wrong), I think the stability and unresponsiveness of the Naza would be perfect.
                          yes bro... interested in doing some simple aerial photography and videos... and possibly fpv...
                          the position hold of the naza seems like a great help for newbies like me....

multiwii is still in the list though... maybe as a second quad project as i am really interested in the auto pilot feature at a fraction of the cost for dji wookong m... although i understand that lots of effort in tuning and testing is required... hence, it would be good as a second project for me running concurrently while i get the first quad up into the air with a gopro...

any comments on the dji phantom? or any recommendations for a quad suitable for carrying a gopro with gimbal?

i hope to drop by the quad meets soon to have a feel the sizes and how the quad performs...
                          when and where do you guys fly?

bro zennith had PMed me his flight location, do you all fly together?

thanks bro.
                          My Honcho Blog -
                          SGCrawlers Forum -
                          Facebook -

Comment

yes bro... interested in doing some simple aerial photography and videos... and possibly fpv...

multiwii is still in the list though... maybe as a second quad project as i am really interested in the auto pilot feature at a fraction of the cost for dji wookong m... although i understand that lots of effort in tuning and testing is required... hence, it would be good as a second project for me running concurrently while i get the first quad up into the air with a gopro...

any comments on the dji phantom? or any recommendations for a quad suitable for carrying a gopro with gimbal?

i hope to drop by the quad meets soon to have a feel the sizes and how the quad performs...

thanks bro.
                            Look here bro: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...pines-CD-Field

Just hope it doesn't rain...

Comment

Look here bro: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...pines-CD-Field

Just hope it doesn't rain...
                              oh, so you guys fly there every sunday afternoon?
                              any weekday evening flyers there?

dont think i can make it on sunday afternoons...
                              thanks
                              My Honcho Blog -
                              SGCrawlers Forum -
                              Facebook -

Comment

You do realise there is a manual mode for Naza as well... it flies purely gyro stabilized for all the fancy acro fliers.
                                Unresponsiveness is also due to ESCs, DJI stock ESCs only run at 400hz while SimonK flashed ESCs can run up to 600hz.
                                This affects everything from Throttle response time to Autolevel/altitude hold performance.

thanks bro.
                                DJI Phantom is awesome for noobs. It's a little troublesome to upgrade though and has a few annoying limitations like 300m max radio range and very limited space for batteries unless you mount them externally.

There are some nice fancy gimbles for the phantom and DJI themselves are releasing a Gopro zenmuse which many believe are targetted at the phantom/hobbyist level.

oh, so you guys fly there every sunday afternoon?
                                any weekday evening flyers there?

dont think i can make it on sunday afternoons...
                                thanks
                                There isn't a gathering this sunday... I'm not even sure if I have time to fly this weekend....

Comment

Working...
                                X