Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally after few weeks of thinking about ar drone, I decided to get one. Place an order yesterday and receive it this morning.

Comment

Welcome to the club, chiadennis!

AR Drone is my first flying RC model.

This afternoon, I finally decided to take a penknife and do a 5 degree camera tilt for my Drone 2.0.
      The purpose is for the drone to look slightly downwards instead of looking straight on.

Here is the video:

I am still learning how to fly it. I used the indoor hull to prevent it from accidentally hurting anyone.
      Also, I had my first crash experience. It happened when I am going back to my original lift off location and hit a strong wind.
      The wind is preventing the drone from flying forward, resulted in excessive tilt and subsequent crash.
      You can see it at the end of the video...

Comment

I bought a 1350mah 3s lipo from John today together with micro tamiya connector. With full charge, the flight was only 5min. And this was just hover learning the setup on my iPad. How's that parrot claim their batt can fly for 10 min?

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
          I bought a 1350mah 3s lipo from John today together with micro tamiya connector. With full charge, the flight was only 5min. And this was just hover learning the setup on my iPad. How's that parrot claim their batt can fly for 10 min?
          Oops auto correct change jh to john

Comment

Originally posted by LiveRock View Post
            Welcome to the club, chiadennis!

AR Drone is my first flying RC model.

This afternoon, I finally decided to take a penknife and do a 5 degree camera tilt for my Drone 2.0.
            The purpose is for the drone to look slightly downwards instead of looking straight on.

Here is the video:

I am still learning how to fly it. I used the indoor hull to prevent it from accidentally hurting anyone.
            Also, I had my first crash experience. It happened when I am going back to my original lift off location and hit a strong wind.
            The wind is preventing the drone from flying forward, resulted in excessive tilt and subsequent crash.
            You can see it at the end of the video...

Hi,

The 5degree tilt is really nice n is a good idea.

Jus wondering did you follow the drone where it goes or you stay put and really flew the drone past the playground to another blk.

Have not tried that far before.

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
              I consistantly get 11 to 12 mins flight time from my standard 1000mah 10C Drone 2.0 batteries.

Comment

Carbon rods

Anyone here reinforce the body with carbon fibre rods? Will it make too heavy?

Comment

Originally posted by Smallfly View Post
                  Anyone here reinforce the body with carbon fibre rods? Will it make too heavy?
                  The Drone 2.0 total flying weight is approx 400g, IMHO any extra weight will effect its performance, shorten the flight times and add more load onto the motors & gears.

Comment

Originally posted by vuzix_sg View Post
                    The Drone 2.0 total flying weight is approx 400g, IMHO any extra weight will effect its performance, shorten the flight times and add more load onto the motors & gears.
                    Roger

Comment

Not too bad I had 2 10min flights with one 1350mah. Charge it back and put in 1150mah and this was when the drone took over and land when batt low came on. The flight distant was good for a quad without loosing any wifi signal drop. It got a bit windy and didn't really hover rock solid on the same spot.

Has any body tried flight till out of range? What will the drone do? Will it reconnect back when u get close to it?

Comment

when it goes out of range it hovers until you move back into range.

If the battery runs down there is an audio alarm and at 0% it will auto-land, having tested it 1st hand, its more like a controlled crash as it comes down very quickly.

I measured 55m range at approx 1 to 2m hight at ECP (no other wifi detected) during my 1st outdoor flight. Video and details are earlier in this thread.

Comment

Hi Instinctloh, I was walking right behind the Drone as I flew it from block to block :-)
                          Maybe that's why the drone follow my wobbly footsteps movement... :-)

Comment

I find the wifi range is much better with iPad than iPhone. I had 2 crashes using my iPhone with only wifi active and than 10 ft away. 3G or mobile network off. No damage. Very strong. All software updated. Any reason why?

Comment

Hi i'm new to this thread and the world of RCs and Quadcopters.

I stumbled upon this site recently even though I bought the AR Drone last month from AVOne at Kaki Bukit after doing some research and finding out that they are the distributor in Singapore. They let test drive one of their demo sets before I decided to make the purchase. They also have a complete list of spare parts and pricing for the AR Drone 1 and 2.

So far I've played a couple of times nearby my house.
                              Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

I have considered investing in some 3rd party LIPO batteries as well but the thought of having to buy an additional charger for it plus having to learn to balance it kinda put me off.

Instead I bought a couple of original spare batteries, tool kit and gears and shafts as well from here as it is cheaper. Delivery is $20 though via Fedex. Wanted to get spare Central cross and propellers but they were out of stock.

I'm considering to invest in a pair of Fling mini joysticks as well to attach to the phone to help in controlling the drone.

Saw a guy wanting to sell his online and waiting for his reply.

Comment

AR Drone Flips and Rolls

Has anyone figure out how to do the front/back flip on the drone? I am using a Samsung Note with the AR Drone Freeflight apps and only able to do a roll right/flip right.

Is it software limitations?

Comment

Working...
                                X